Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

I think we need to ban the word 'replace' as it's utterly disrespectful to the players who've done unimaginable things this season. Schwarzer aside, anyone we buy (including, hopefully, a few gems) will have to earn their right to start for us through initial substitute appearances. Albrighton, Shinji and Simpson may be 3 of the less spectacular players but their work rate, discipline and attitude are all vital ingredients to any success we may have this season. 

Guest CityFan 06

Still think we need that 2nd top striker.

Vardy gets injured there are too few goals in this team.

Agree with this. We could do with another striker in general anyway for squad depth, but a striker who could net 10-15 goals per season would be ideal. 

The players that have played regularly will not be replaced, we will bring in players to fight with them for a place.

Gk: Schmeichel

New player (schwarzer to leave)

Rb: Simpson

New player (de laet to leave)

Lb: Fuchs

Chilwell

Cb: Morgan

Huth

Amartey

New player (was and Moore to leave)

Wingers: Albrighton

Gray

Schlupp

Mahrez (if he leaves a new player)

(Dyer to return to Swansea)

Cm: drinky

Kante (new player if he leaves

King

James (maybe new player if we loan out or sell James)

New player (inler to leave)

Striker: vardy

Shinji

Ulloa

New player (kram to leave)

This is my opinion of what we should do. So we may need between 5 and 7 new top quality players dependant on whether kante/mahrez leave.

Replace these players? Do you actually watch us play?

I watch us play every game, and as much as they are great this season, I totally understand where the poster is coming from.

To compete at the next level, some of the names mentioned, will have to become squad players, and not first names on the team sheet.

My one concern is, the recruiting must be right, no big time Charlie's, who ever comes in, must sign up to the current team mentality we have, would hate for the togetherness to be spoilt by mass or wrong recruitment.

I know someone mentioned that we should stop using the term 'replace' and I kind of agree when we're discussing those in the first team, although I do think we need to replace Ulloa. When he comes on for Okazaki, after he's ran himself flat, he looks out of his depth. His touch is poor sometimes and either he's not very mobile or he's not very reactive. There have been a few good scoring opportunities recently that he's let slip past him. I'm not saying he's a terrible player, just that he's not the type of player that seems to fit into this side.

He's 30 in the summer, let him leave and get ourselves another out and out striker to not only push Vardy but to also give him a break now and again. I'd also buy another second striker as competition to Okazaki, someone used to playing a little deeper that will still work hard. 

We also need to add to the squad with a centre half as it doesn't seem that Moore is going to make the step up and another right back if De Leat goes permanently. That is unless CR sees Amertey as a RB, but I doubt it. I think he's Kante's replacement if I'm honest.

Are any of the Villa squad worth having a look at? Individually surely some of them are better than Collectively? Villa will be looking to offload of course, possibly for not a great deal of money.

I genuinely can't think of anybody I'd sign from that squad.

Are any of the Villa squad worth having a look at? Individually surely some of them are better than Collectively? Villa will be looking to offload of course, possibly for not a great deal of money.

I genuinely can't think of anybody I'd sign from that squad.

Maybe Gueye at a massive push as a squad player but nothing else for me. Amavi will get a decent move when he's properly back from injury but he's a left back and we're safe for those.

The rest are dire.

I watch us play every game, and as much as they are great this season, I totally understand where the poster is coming from.

To compete at the next level, some of the names mentioned, will have to become squad players, and not first names on the team sheet.

My one concern is, the recruiting must be right, no big time Charlie's, who ever comes in, must sign up to the current team mentality we have, would hate for the togetherness to be spoilt by mass or wrong recruitment.

Spot on mate. Can't agree more that some of the current squad are probably going to find it harder next season, given the increased level of expectation AND playing all the Champs league football. However great they have been all season, I just can't see the likes of Ulloa and Shinji looking like scoring away in the Bernabeu or the Olimpico. This isn't knocking them for work rate and effort..just to say that we must compliment the squad with some real quality additions to be able to mount a challenge. Man Utd, City, Liverpool, Chelsea will surely all strengthen, probably big time and we have to ensure our own development continues as we become a 'big time' club. Which we now are. You are spot on with the mentality thing. Absolutely rule one is to get quality AND the right temperament. Not easy that.

Adama Traore looks very raw but extremely talented. 

Can i be honest here, he just sounds like a typical generic eastern european ending in "ic"

Can, and will sign better.

So based on his name, we can do better?

Have Leicester fans learnt nothing?

It may of been hidden from you as this sounds like the first time you've heard this...

But Mahrez was an unknown.

No one here had heard of Kante either

Fuch a regular in your fantasy football team was he ?

The players that have played regularly will not be replaced, we will bring in players to fight with them for a place.

Gk: Schmeichel

New player (schwarzer to leave)

Rb: Simpson

New player (de laet to leave)

Lb: Fuchs

Chilwell

Cb: Morgan

Huth

Amartey

New player (was and Moore to leave)

Wingers: Albrighton

Gray

Schlupp

Mahrez (if he leaves a new player)

(Dyer to return to Swansea)

Cm: drinky

Kante (new player if he leaves

King

James (maybe new player if we loan out or sell James)

New player (inler to leave)

Striker: vardy

Shinji

Ulloa

New player (kram to leave)

This is my opinion of what we should do. So we may need between 5 and 7 new top quality players dependant on whether kante/mahrez leave.

Pretty much. I think Ulloa will return to Brighton if they go up, which would be a shame. I'd like to think we'd get our money back if he did.

Adama Traore looks very raw but extremely talented. 

What about that French chap that turned us down?  His Agent gave him top advice there.

Some good players to be fair but I'm not sure the Leicester run all day work ethic is there with the one player I would consider! Wijnaldum (sp)?

Agree re Wijnaldum. I still think there's got to be more to Ayoze Perez than the dross he's served at at Newcastle?

Would love niklas sule from hoffenheim. Similar mould to Wes and Huthy

6'5". 20 years old. Sign him up.

Hoffenheim is supposed to have a lot of hot young prospects.  The German press wants them to stay up as relegation would be detrimental to the development of the German national team's next generation of players.

And to state the obvious. Walsh definitely knows about him.

6'5". 20 years old. Sign him up.

Hoffenheim is supposed to have a lot of hot young prospects.  The German press wants them to stay up as relegation would be detrimental to the development of the German national team's next generation of players.

And to state the obvious. Walsh definitely knows about him.

They can keep Kram...

Seriously though, he's fantastic. Rumours have linked him with Liverpool too, but I don't know if that's changed with Matip signed for them.

Archived