Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beliall

XCOM 2

31 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

@Beliall @Trav Le Bleu

I feel like I'm advancing the story quicker than I can research everything and I'd like to play around with more of the tech etc.

Am I right in thinking that if I don't do one of the key objectives, ie, building a certain facility, the game will keep just spawning random abduction and UFO missions until I do?

Yes mate, that's how you game the game. and its essential part of it to make sure your squads and equipment are up to scratch for the later missions

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

@Beliall @Trav Le Bleu

I feel like I'm advancing the story quicker than I can research everything and I'd like to play around with more of the tech etc.

Am I right in thinking that if I don't do one of the key objectives, ie, building a certain facility, the game will keep just spawning random abduction and UFO missions until I do?

Yes. So long as you don't lose too many nations you will just keep spawning random missions until you move the story on.

13 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Yes. So long as you don't lose too many nations you will just keep spawning random missions until you move the story on.

If panic hits max are they just gone immediately or is there a chance for redemption?

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If panic hits max are they just gone immediately or is there a chance for redemption?

Sometimes you might get a mission or terror mission in their country which will let you recoup some points, sometimes you will just lose them no matter what

10 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Sometimes you might get a mission or terror mission in their country which will let you recoup some points, sometimes you will just lose them no matter what

Does it affect the agents you have from that country?

2 hours ago, Beliall said:

Long time since I played the first one, but aren't countries secured for good if they have a satellite over them?

7 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Long time since I played the first one, but aren't countries secured for good if they have a satellite over them?

Long time here as well, I'm not sure to be honest, I think it just gives them a boost. I used to wait till the end of the month and fire up satellites over the countries i was about to lose

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Completed this yesterday, after having picked up a digital download on XBOX One for cheap (Cyber Monday deal).

Terrific game, really is.

Tough as any X-Com release, but so rewarding and addictive.

I failed at the first attempt because of poor planning, not paying enough attention to research & ship extensions/upgrades.

It's such a well-crafted strategy game with great visuals and a surprisingly well-told storyline.

Was close to losing the race during my second try also, but then made two, three huge advances in a short period, which bought me a nice amount of time to finish my in-game projects.

But that was all on Normal difficulty. Too scared to attempt anything more challenging.

• 1 month later...

@Beliall

You played Long War 2?

Starting it now. Any tips, if so? I'm about three missions in, all with max infiltration (I don't take any mission if I can't 100% infiltrate with at least four soldiers) and I'm dropping like flies everywhere haha. 

Barely that many losses in xcom 1 but doing 2 with Long War is perilous. lol

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

@Beliall

You played Long War 2?

Starting it now. Any tips, if so? I'm about three missions in, all with max infiltration (I don't take any mission if I can't 100% infiltrate with at least four soldiers) and I'm dropping like flies everywhere haha. 

Barely that many losses in xcom 1 but doing 2 with Long War is perilous. lol

I have but since WOTC i haven't bothered. honestly i couldn't get my head around long war 2.. it seemed to overly complicated. Join my facebook group, theres a lot of helpful dudes in there who can answer your question. https://www.facebook.com/groups/738703459563347/

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Ah shit @Beliall I've just realised WOTC is a rework of the main campaign right? And so is LW2 and they aren't compatible?

You reckon WOTC is more fun / gives more content? 

last i heard they were not compatible. WOTC is amazing fun.. its completes the game. highly recommended

So I can't seem to finish my latest mission which I've just aced with my top team without getting this:

2s7xi4m.jpg

That's what happens after the loading screen and I'm supposed to get the view of my ops levelling up.

Tried reloading from a few save points previous same thing every time.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'd just like to take this moment to remember Pavel "Big Nasty" Tarski, sergeant, grenadier, friend. 

He died as he lived - being torn in half by mutons so that some nonce "VIP" could escape. 

:(

RIP my pixel Polish brother. 

Mutons didn't kill him, you did.

Recon, analyse, plan and only then attack.

It's all on you commander.

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Mutons didn't kill him, you did.

Recon, analyse, plan and only then attack.

It's all on you commander.

12 minutes ago, Beliall said:

damn Trav thats cold. the mans grieving.

lollol

Damn right Beliall. 

To be fair, that's the sort of feedback I'd expect from the council. 

Stop six dark events, kill a thousand aliens, complete forty five missions all excellent or flawless but forget to dust the desk lamp in the resistance comms room. 

Council report: 

WE ARE DEEPLY CONCERNED, COMMANDER, WE EXPECTED BETTER! 

• Like 2