Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beliall

XCOM 2

Started playing this week. Very addictive game.

For some stupid, stupid reason, I thought I'd play Iron Man mode as my first go lol As you can imagine, I am getting absolutely destroyed, and do a lot of rage-quitting. Just had my ship shot down by a UFO, and had to abandon one of my best rangers, so the rest of my team could escape.

R.I.P Michael Scott. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Charl91 said:

For some stupid, stupid reason, I thought I'd play Iron Man mode as my first go lol As you can imagine, I am getting absolutely destroyed, and do a lot of rage-quitting. Just had my ship shot down by a UFO, and had to abandon one of my best rangers, so the rest of my team could escape.

R.I.P Michael Scott. 

Councilman Trav is gonna be right up your jaxie pal. 

R.I.P Michael Scott. 

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Councilman Trav is gonna be right up your jaxie pal. 

He's not crying about it like a baby.

Iron man mode, straight off the bat, @Charl91 you have my respect.

P.S. you're also clearly a sado-masochist.

2 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

He's not crying about it like a baby.

Iron man mode, straight off the bat, @Charl91 you have my respect.

P.S. you're also clearly a sado-masochist.

Yeah, in hind sight, that was a bad call. Every time I meet a new enemy, I get screwed over in a slightly different way. It's like the game is taunting me.

"Oh by the way, when you rescue civilians, they can sometimes turn into faceless men and slaughter you. Sorry we didn't mention that at any point."

"Obviously, when you're in the middle of a fire-fight, a Codex is going to appear if you Skulljack that bloke, and jam all your weapons"

"Why wouldn't Chrysalids run the length of three battlefields and poison your men as soon as you meet them?"

"Good job on killing that andromedon. L0l JK!"

"One sectopod not enough? Here, have two. Let's give them three actions, crazy health and the ability to stand up and ignore your cover"

"Ooh look, a flying orb..... "

Did just have a great assassination missions though (at least, I call them assassination missions, 'cus I'm not going to waste my time extracting some bloke from a robot infested building) - managed to sneak all the way to the other side of the map, lobbed a poison grenade into the building, and legged it. Think I killed a total of two enemies on that one lol 

Just did one of the main missions.

One of my best - 26 kills, including a sectopod. All soldiers returned. No deaths, all enemies killed, and only one soldier wounded....

....and I failed. Turns out, that when you open the body casket, it doesn't automatically give it to one of your men. I forgot to pick it up. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

That mission is brutal. I just camped until I had about 12 men, so every time they brought in reinforcements they immediately ended up being overwatched by about 8 people as soon as they landed :D 

I've read suggestions on reddit saying send a shinobi and then snipe it with squad sight from the avenger. 

But I can't seem to get los without bringing my snipers right up tbh. 

There's also so many mobs at the transmitter that actually getting my shinobi close enough is proving hard. 

On 2/16/2018 at 22:02, Finnegan said:

I've read suggestions on reddit saying send a shinobi and then snipe it with squad sight from the avenger. 

But I can't seem to get los without bringing my snipers right up tbh. 

There's also so many mobs at the transmitter that actually getting my shinobi close enough is proving hard. 

Bit of an update:

I found the angle, ended up sniping it from the avenger's ramp without much problem. Wrapped it up in about four turns with only one casualty. Unfortunately, that casualty was one of my higher ranking officers but still.

Have suddenly hit an immense difficulty spike though. Might have to address how many squads I have, I'm starting to think mine are getting a bit too diluted. Several dark events have come and gone without me having a chance to counter them and advent are starting to get tough as nails.

I've got some seriously elite guys myself but I think I've spread them too thin over too many squads. I've got five on the go at once. Anyone who's played Long War 2, Trav? How sustainable is that? 

I was doing fine until the last two missions where even at 150-200% infiltration, I'm coming up against piles of seriously tough enemies. I've got coil gun tech and it's still a huge ****ing slog.

Edited by Finnegan

On 18/02/2018 at 23:27, Finnegan said:

Bit of an update:

I found the angle, ended up sniping it from the avenger's ramp without much problem. Wrapped it up in about four turns with only one casualty. Unfortunately, that casualty was one of my higher ranking officers but still.

Have suddenly hit an immense difficulty spike though. Might have to address how many squads I have, I'm starting to think mine are getting a bit too diluted. Several dark events have come and gone without me having a chance to counter them and advent are starting to get tough as nails.

I've got some seriously elite guys myself but I think I've spread them too thin over too many squads. I've got five on the go at once. Anyone who's played Long War 2, Trav? How sustainable is that? 

I was doing fine until the last two missions where even at 150-200% infiltration, I'm coming up against piles of seriously tough enemies. I've got coil gun tech and it's still a huge ****ing slog.

Sorry Finners, despite previous posts ( :whistle: ) I've only played the base game of x-com 2. Elite Dangerous came along and swallowed my game time before the expansions came along and though I did play the first game through multiple times with different dlc, it's so long ago my memory is sketchy and also there's enough difference between the two games that my head experience there probably a) doesn't transfer well and b) you've probably done that too, so I won't be telling you anything you don't already know.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu