Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pinkman

Depression

12 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Ask for another counsellor. That is bang out of order. Talk about kicking a man when he's down. If you were that bad they have you sectioned and no doubt there is a lot worse out there in them places.

As I've mentioned in previous posts, when interacting with the bus you have to pick up all the courage you have and be assertive to get what you need. Completely at odds with the reason you are there.

They should be sorting this in the background and making up a reason, ie changing hours, someone else is better suited to your particular circumstances.

This smacks of total unprofessionalism and probably made worse by underfunding. I'd kick up a right stink with my gp demanding another. Probably a man by the sounds of it. 

Stay strong. Message me if you need any help or advice.  The more ****ed up it is, the more comfortable I feel ?

Thanks for that.  I’m speaking to the GP in the morning.

Cannot understand it.  The reason i’m seeing them is to deal with uncomfortable issues and get better!

Edited by Realist Guy In The Room
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Thanks for that.  I’m speaking to the GP in the morning.

Cannot understand it.  The reason i’m seeing them is to deal with uncomfortable issues and get better!

Give em hell.

That made me proper angry. I know this is next level shit but I firmly believe that the bad news end game in depression is suicide. In a world where male suicide is one of the biggest growth issues. It's bang out of ****ing order.

And in the context of the fact that this ****ed up world we live in counsels paedophiles and the worst of the worst.

If you were that bad you'd be locked up, yet someone whose ****ing job it is to try to help people cops out like that and kicks you while you're down. 

Should be struck off. Was she young by any chance and one of the first of the snowflake generation doing a real job and finding that the real world in can be a bit difficult at times.

Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

9 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Nightmare at the minute.

Really struggling to hold it together.  Taking 40mg of Citalopram a day and found out last week the councillor I was seeing doesnt want me to go anymore as she’s too uncomfortable with the content.

Not sure what to do.

If your counsellor feels that she cannot help you then it's best that she says so rather than carrying on and failing to fulfil her duties effectively, so I give her credit for her honesty.  What she should do is continue to try to help you by referring you to another counsellor who will be more likely to be able to meet your needs.  It would be unprofessional simply to 'wash her hands' of you.  Your GP may be able to help but I would have thought that she has contacts in her profession and should have been able to help.  The NHS should be there to help you and your GP is the first point of contact.

• Like 1

I'm currently going through therapy for Clinical Depression and Anxiety. I have to say my therapist is great at pointing me in the right direction.

CBT, Mindfulness, Relaxation Techniques and Music Therapy which is about finding your own inspirational tracks and listening to them. Plus the 5 senses walks

Just a sample on my playlist, check out TheHealthy,Com for the tracks you might like in your genre. Put inspirational songs into search.

Take care people and live for the now............ nothing else matters,

Ps: I actually bought her The Beloved and she uses it for her trips in to work

PPs: Been reading the thread for months but didn't have the balls to admit I had a problem to the wider audience.

Edited by Chico1958
add PPs
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

I'm currently going through therapy for Clinical Depression and Anxiety. I have to say my therapist is great at pointing me in the right direction.

CBT, Mindfulness, Relaxation Techniques and Music Therapy which is about finding your own inspirational tracks and listening to them. Plus the 5 senses walks

Just a sample on my playlist, check out TheHealthy,Com for the tracks you might like in your genre. Put inspirational songs into search.

PPs: Been reading the thread for months but didn't have the balls to admit I had a problem to the wider audience.

I was saying this to a friend a couple of weeks back who was fretting over past actions and possible future events.

The past cannot be changed and the future is unknowable, so fretting over either is just a waste of emotional energy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Buce said:

I was saying this to a friend a couple of weeks back who was fretting over past actions and possible future events.

The past cannot be changed and the future is unknowable, so fretting over either is just a waste of emotional energy.

Advise your friend about Mindfulness and CBT on line it does help Buce......... Take care

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Nightmare at the minute.

Really struggling to hold it together.  Taking 40mg of Citalopram a day and found out last week the councillor I was seeing doesnt want me to go anymore as she’s too uncomfortable with the content.

Not sure what to do.

Wtf.  That is astounding to me.  What a s**thouse that counsellor is

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

48 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

I think it's really good when you find something that works.

If things are getting on top of me, my answer is to get my gear out and take off hiking or canoeing and wild camp for a few days; I find the solitude therapeutic and I always come back in a different frame of mind.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Buce said:

Yesterday is history

Tomorrow is a mystery

Today is a gift

That's why they call it "the present"

:)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

Don't let morons on here define how you think about yourself, Peaky.

Yeah, for sure. Forums are quite argumentative (not just this one) and can be quite a black hole for sucking up time and confidence. 

If you're finding this place is bringing you down then I suggest you sack if off for a bit and spend your free time doing something else. I took a break from here and my other main forum for a couple of months a while back and it did the world of good. 

Catch 22 though because the conversation on here and my other forum are sometimes the only conversation I get during a week aside from the wife and clients at work. They certainly bring me into touch with more people than I'd speak to without them.

Just try not to take it all too seriously and check your own posts for content that might antagonise others into calling you a 'cvnt'. 

I'm certainly trying to be a bit less argumentative but it's hard - I do like to rustle some jimmies occasionally. :cool:

16 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm not feeling great. I don't have proper close friends (at least close by), I'm very tired and being called a c**t on FT does nothing for my self esteem. 

I get frightened sometimes. Now is one of those times. 

Tough not being near close mates.  It makes it easier to exaggerate negatives and harder to get out of yourself without the natural exchange of words and ease of communication you only get with people you know very well.  I have the same issue and its difficult not being able to go and hang out with close friends where you can let off steam without having to think about it, where you can be completely at ease

I dont have a solution to that tbh, its something we all need often and its a shame to not have it, but I sympathise and am right there with you.  Its all about staying in touch I suppose.  Ive got my whatsapp group with a few close mates, we're all scattered about the globe and I feel good having the regular contact, even if its just stupid memes and football banter and idle chat, bit like FT without the occasional gripe :)

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm not feeling great. I don't have proper close friends (at least close by), I'm very tired and being called a c**t on FT does nothing for my self esteem. 

ever need a chat drop me a message :thumbup:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Nightmare at the minute.

Not sure what to do.

I am also on Citalopram for depression, as well as drugs for severe pain ( left leg ) and high blood pressure. I feel very messed up, and have tried drinking my problems away, but that usually leads to self harm, although I have forced my self to drastically cut down on alcohol.

There is no easy answer dealing with depression and I have lived with it for some 20 years, with moods going up and down.

Good luck to you, my friend.

I always read this thread when I see any new posts but it’s difficult to know what to say to people who are struggling other than keep at it.

Life can be really shit sometimes but when the good times come along you know you have earned them. Chins up ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Please please mate, don’t let people having a pop at you on here affect your self esteem. It is what it is. Just laff it off and take it on the chin. I consider you a very bright and sensible poster.