Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pinkman

Depression

1 hour ago, Crinklyfox said:

All of us are vulnerable.  When we are down our defences are too and every little barb can feel like a dagger to the heart.

If it's of any help then please consider this: the only ones who should truly be able to hurt us are the ones we love.  We have an emotional investment with those people and have an interest in their happiness so we are driven to do what we can for them.  That's why a good friend or family member taking things in a different way to which they were intended can hurt so much.

If we accept that only our loved ones are in that position of power then the slings and arrows of the rest of the world can be ignored.  We all know the individuals on this forum that love to criticise and arrogantly put their views across as the only ones with any validity.  I've put them on mental ignore and do feel sorry for some of them as they must have had some pretty bad experiences to end up with such twisted souls.  If we could just think 'what does this person mean to me' every time we receive a negative comment then I believe that we can reduce anger, frustration and unhappiness.

Those of us on this thread that have suffered from depression have empathy with those currently suffering as we know what it's like and the dark place that it brings.  There may be many caring individuals out there who don't post because they have little knowledge of the condition, I don't believe that this makes them less caring people.

To help the rest of us delicate ones out, I think we should all "follow" you, then if you could click the like button to "confused" on those that you refer to on this forum, we will all be better prepared. 

Do it wrinkly. I dare ya ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Really not well today. Can’t be bothered to go into detail. But today is a cvnt. **** you, today. You twat. 

Cheers. 

The bright thing is that tomorrow is upon us. Have a sleep and wake up to a new day. Hope all gets better!

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

man, I just wanna run away from everything so bad. 

I've spent forever trying to tie myself down to things and now I just wanna let go of it all and **** off and just exist.

**** what we're taught to need and want, it's all bullshit. 

Sometimes it's good to go with our instincts, mate.

Is there anything insurmountable preventing you taking some time out?

1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

man, I just wanna run away from everything so bad. 

I've spent forever trying to tie myself down to things and now I just wanna let go of it all and **** off and just exist.

**** what we're taught to need and want, it's all bullshit. 

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I woke up crying this morning. That wasn't easy. 

Two of my favourite posters on here. It makes me sad that you’re both sad :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Two of my favourite posters on here. It makes me sad that you’re both sad :(

just so frustrated at the moment with feeling a bit stuck and dying to let go and make some changes but kinda struggling to bring myself to do it.

I had everything lined up in my head for a change this month and I've backed out and pushed it back until the start of next year.

part of me has done that because it's the sensible thing to do but I feel like part of me has put if off because I'm too scared to just get on with it.

I just hope seeing things out as they are for another few months is manageable. 

Interesting problem in reverse.

Just make sure you are happy with your decision (easier said than done with depression I know)

Whatever you decide, give it everything you've got. Delaying is not an issue in itself if your other option is still there.

For me personally, I am genuinely happy with my direction, but struggling along the way.

Married, 4 kids, own business with staff, struggling with the process of buying another.

I know when I'm struggling as I think I am 2 steps from throwing it all in, and not in a good way. Luckily I know it's not what I want, but it feels like it could be so easy to Jack the lot in. I know that's not for me though and I genuinely have no regrets, but think it sounds like in your circumstances, maybe trying out the alternative could be a real option.

Nothing is permanent, just try to be as sure as you can be.

5 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

just so frustrated at the moment with feeling a bit stuck and dying to let go and make some changes but kinda struggling to bring myself to do it.

I had everything lined up in my head for a change this month and I've backed out and pushed it back until the start of next year.

part of me has done that because it's the sensible thing to do but I feel like part of me has put if off because I'm too scared to just get on with it.

I just hope seeing things out as they are for another few months is manageable. 

Daz, you’ve been talking about making changes for quite a while now. I’m sure postponing things for a few months won’t matter in the grand scheme of things when you look at the bigger picture.

What you have done (many times) is set out your intention and put it out there. Have you ever heard of the Law of Attraction? It basically suggests that if we continually set out our intention, the universe will eventually conspire and make it happen for us.

Inspired by a book called ‘The Secret’ some people think it’s all bollux but others swear by it. A few years ago I was encouraged by my then coach to write my ‘future history’. You basically project yourself forward in time and write down what you want your life to be like - in as much detail as possible.

I did this exercise in ‘08 for 12 months in the future. It felt weird and a waste of time and then lo and behold I read what I’d written a year later and nothing much had changed. I figured it was all BS and Voodoo and dismissed it but kept putting the same intention/goals/dreams/aspirations out there anyway.

Then in 2011 everything changed and pretty much EXACTLY how I’d written it 3 years previously. It freaked me out big time but I started to believe there was something in it so I encouraged friends and clients to do the same.

For some it’s worked already and for others they’re still waiting for the universe to conspire. I know this post won’t be for everyone and will be dismissed, but you seem the kind of dude who just might give it a go.

With love,

Izzy

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

With love,

Izzy

Thanks mate. I've read that through quickly and it sounds interesting - I think I've heard similar before.

I'll give it a proper read when I get a chance later. 

Thanks for your support as always mate. Hope you're having fun on holiday! :)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Thanks mate. I've read that through quickly and it sounds interesting - I think I've heard similar before.

I'll give it a proper read when I get a chance later. 

Thanks for your support as always mate. Hope you're having fun on holiday! :)

Last full day on hols today at Universal Studios mate then flying back tomorrow.

Looking forward to returning to reality and the inevitable post holiday blues :(

• Sad 1

Mental health's a bit volatile this week so I'm embarking on a "sort ya ****ing life out" kick.

Making changes to smaller things in the hope that it will help add up to bigger changes.

Like getting rid of small habits that can be big distractions.

For example I've deactivated my Facebook account.

And put a blocker on my browser so I am forced to stay away from certain websites.

And I'm getting an alarm clock so that I can leave my phone downstairs at night.

Setting aside an hour tonight so that I'm not glued to my TV/PS4 and read a book instead.

I'm fed up with my brain having very little actual stimulation.

Anyone got any more tips?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Mental health's a bit volatile this week so I'm embarking on a "sort ya ****ing life out" kick.

Making changes to smaller things in the hope that it will help add up to bigger changes.

And put a blocker on my browser so I am forced to stay away from certain websites.

And I'm getting an alarm clock so that I can leave my phone downstairs at night.

Setting aside an hour tonight so that I'm not glued to my TV/PS4 and read a book instead.

Social media is a bit of a bitch for mental health, I’ve gone through periods of deactivating Facebook, deleting twitter and WhatsApp as a result.

The only real tip I would give is go for a run or a walk if you aren’t up for a run.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Social media is a bit of a bitch for mental health, I’ve gone through periods of deactivating Facebook, deleting twitter and WhatsApp as a result.

The only real tip I would give is go for a run or a walk if you aren’t up for a run.

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm doing 3 vigorous 10(ish) minute walks a day at the moment - but good for you @urban.spaceman, more power to you.

Had a huge car crash about 9 years ago that left me with permanent back damage; long distances are really difficult but I can just about manage a 10 minute walk. My sister's bringing her puppy is coming over tonight so I'll take him a short walk methinks. 

50 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm doing 3 vigorous 10(ish) minute walks a day at the moment - but good for you @urban.spaceman, more power to you.

Good on ya fellas.

Any activity where you’re doing something positive and taking control of the situation all helps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

39 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Had a huge car crash about 9 years ago that left me with permanent back damage; long distances are really difficult but I can just about manage a 10 minute walk. My sister's bringing her puppy is coming over tonight so I'll take him a short walk methinks. 

I do exercise bike. Those endorphins really do help.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Nice, pictures please! And one of the dog for good measure as well.