Pinkman

Depression

17 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

How do I become aware of certain groups?

Personally if I were you, I’d be looking for ways to meet women. So I’d be looking at something I’m perhaps mildly comfortable with but would put me in close quarters with some ladies.

I’d probably start by joining a gym and booking onto some exercise classes, also see if they had running clubs etc. You have to try and put yourself in situations to communicate with people first.

24 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Personally if I were you, I’d be looking for ways to meet women. So I’d be looking at something I’m perhaps mildly comfortable with but would put me in close quarters with some ladies.

I’d probably start by joining a gym and booking onto some exercise classes, also see if they had running clubs etc. You have to try and put yourself in situations to communicate with people first.

The blokes not feeling too great as it is, a woman could tip him over the edge.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Foxes Talk social meet up group ? Is there one? Could there be one?

Sounds a good idea, but strongly advise to keep politics out of any potential conversations..:)

Women are trouble. Actively trying to find them leads you to the mental ones first.

Find things you enjoy, hobbies, sports - running, join a club, photography, join a club. Etc. You WILL meet a girl who you can talk to and it will be natural. 

**** wasting time trying to meet pissed up birds in pubs and clubs. You need to find someone you have stuff in common with. 

Also, not all women are trouble lol. Lots of lovely FT ladies supporting me atm. Thanks to you all.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Sounds a good idea, but strongly advise to keep politics out of any potential conversations..:)

Nah, just don't invite the Tories.

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Nah, just don't invite the Tories.

A group of labour supporters drinking tap water? Sounds like a class evening. :ph34r:

39 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

A group of labour supporters drinking tap water? Sounds like a class evening. :ph34r:

Who said anything about drinking?

Alcohol is such a right-wing drug... 🍄😎

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

On a slightly more serious note taking mushrooms in a sensible ie. fairly weak dose, can lift the mood for many weeks after the event.

mmhmm

i'm seriously thinking about finding some at the moment.

done them several times and i've always figured something out about myself / sorted an issue when on them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

On a slightly more serious note taking mushrooms in a sensible ie. fairly weak dose, can lift the mood for many weeks after the event.

1 hour ago, lifted*fox said:

mmhmm

done them several times and i've always figured something out about myself / sorted an issue when on them.

I used to love mushrooms in my younger days, although i never managed to keep the dose to 'fairly weak' and always was tripping my t**ts off, wasn't complaining though. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

mmhmm

That’s funny because I tried to eat a frozen pizza saw Samuel L Jackson turn into bugs bunny when I did them.

Never been so ****ed up in my life lol. They were actually legal when I did them which is madness.

Edited by Costock_Fox

I remember when you could buy them from scorpion on narborough road and also the very bizarre.

Now I want some. Not sure where it fits in with my wife and 2 kids and own business but I'm sure I can find time....

Old men's (and women's) mushroom meet up. Let's do it. Lie to everyone we know and get ****ed up and find our minds again. Hah. 

Sitting waiting to have tattoo done and just found a strip of vallies in my shoulder bag that I thought I'd lost. That'll chill me down nicely while getting inked hah. Silver clouds. 

• Like 1

Nightmares, out the wrong side of bed. 

Struggling to get going this morning. Late for yoga, late for gym. 

Need to find some positivity and quicky. 

On 13/04/2019 at 22:12, lcfcsnow said:

I’m single, in my mid 30s and don’t have many friends, not that go out as they are in relationships now. I don’t have confidence and I don’t see how I can be happy like they are, I’ve tried dating sites but I’m not attractive enough to get a chance and the few times o have I’ve messed up as I am rubbish with those I don’t know. I find it hard to connect with others.

I’ve gone out on my own 3 times in the last 3 months on my own as there’s no other alternative, but when I do that I probably just look like the loner I am. Not sure what else to do, accept this is what’s meant to be maybe.

Fella. Loneliness and depression are very similar. Both feed off low self esteem.

I've been there..still am to an extent. Dumped, single and over 40 was terrifying.

I could bumble on but I'm at work and will write on the quick.

Don't go out on the razz on your own. That'll half kill you. Make yourself a regular somewhere local. I used to pop in with a book, a laptop from.work and even sit and watch Netflix with headphones on. Point was I became familiar - and in a way safe and kinda funky - doing that every Sunday night. I sat like an idiot at phoenix cinema every Thursday for a while too (didn't work....but the discipline was there)

I got a new job. 

I joined a hiking club. And went every 2 weeks without fail. Whatever you are into, there'll be a hobby group on Facebook. Just join and again, become familiar. Don't try and make friends. That'll come with familiarity.

Get fit. Join a gym. Join weightwatchers. Do a night class. Bike ride. S

Slowly acquire some well fitting clothes (don't do it all at once - do it bit by bit)....get yourself a decent haircut. Get a bit of a tan.

After a few months, someone you know will randomly say 'you look well'....and hey, guess what, your self esteem starts to bounce a bit. 

See it as a challenge, pal. I did, and bizarrely quite enjoy it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

Nightmares, out the wrong side of bed. 

Struggling to get going this morning. Late for yoga, late for gym. 

Need to find some positivity and quicky. 

Just think, at least im not Oz and the opinions he holds lol 

Related image

Edited by ozleicester
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Buce said:

1dad71773bca3033fe681dddcdef7f4f.jpg

This would have been full on Kylie Minogue if I saw this while at work this week.

Its scary how close I got to telling someone to FOAD today lol