Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

First World Problems...

Tell me your opinion on 4K!

EDIT: Infact, tell me everything you know about 4k

Tell me your opinion on 4K!

EDIT: Infact, tell me everything you know about 4k

It's not actually that much, you'll be pleased to know.

Consensus is that it's not worth it on a 40" screen or smaller.  It looks great on big screens (50" plus), and if you don't believe me go and have a look in Richer Sounds or John Lewis at the display models, and if you're not convinced, make your way from there to Vision Express.

The major drawback is that there's hardly a wealth of 4k content to watch at the moment - I think there's a BT Ultra HD sport channel, but I'm not sure how far the other providers have got with their offerings, although they're coming.  There's some 4k stuff on some of the streaming services but judging from a friend's experience you've got to have a pretty potent internet connection for this to work properly, as unsurprisingly it relies on the smooth flow of A LOT of data.

Also, there seems to be a bit of to-ing and fro-ing over the format itself, so don't be surprised if it takes a while for a proper standard to become established, which means there's a risk that a telly you buy today may not be able to do the latest standard justice in a year or so's time, but that's the chance you take when you're buying tech that evolves very quickly (and why I never spend silly money on it).

Mine is only HD Ready and a 23/24 inch. Not to bothered. It is a decent picture. Hardly watch it now.

Small telly means small pixels which generally means good picture.  I was watching Match of the Day on a tiny hotel room telly not long ago and the image quality was great

Not in my room though. My budget would not extend to a larger one at the time my other packed up.

I'll see how long this one lasts that I have now.

Would be nice to have a wall one though. I am probably just over six feet atm from the most suitable place above my fire place. Do not use the gas fire since it was disconnected after a check and I have CH. But as I said I do not watch telly much and will not pay extra for packages like sport as I only really like the football.

No idea how anyone can watch on a tele that small in this day and age, bet you get a bigger one in the nick

When I was a kid 24-26 inch tellies we're the norm. 28 inch tv's were considered massive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When you are trying to walk past someone walking at about 98% of your walking pace.

Do you hang back at an uncomfortable pace, rush to get past them or continue at your pace and overtake them at such a slow pace your practically walking beside them for a while?

• Like 1

When you are trying to walk past someone walking at about 98% of your walking pace.

Do you hang back at an uncomfortable pace, rush to get past them or continue at your pace and overtake them at such a slow pace your practically walking beside them for a while?

Or when you go to over take them and have momentum going some knob end coming from the opposite direction walks into your path causing you to slow and fall back behind lol Edited by Jattdogg

Ha, I wasn't born until 1979 but at some point, clearly after that, I had a b&w TV as a spoilt brat.

I was talking about the main TV. Only posh people had a portable in the bedroom.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...