Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

The Car thread

On 11/5/2017 at 02:37, Costock_Fox said:

Ordered a new Golf GTI a couple of weeks ago, pretty decent to get £4K scrappage on an old diesel.

Will be genuinely sad to let the old boy go, he’s done 160k miles and served me well over in Italy for a few months.

Shame on you ..  diesels are for life mister not just for Christmas ...    when, one day, the thought police come calling round my place, my old boy will be hidden in the loft and will stay there till this persecution of the diesels is over.  

31 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Shame on you ..  diesels are for life mister not just for Christmas ...    when, one day, the thought police come calling round my place, my old boy will be hidden in the loft and will stay there till this persecution of the diesels is over.  

The feelings of guilt will haunt me for all of 5 seconds as I wheel spin away in my luxurious new car.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Fox Covert said:

Yes, not accountable. I did consider the politics thread but I thought it would be considered as just another bout of Tory-bashing when my first thoughts were about motoring. Not that I am at all averse to this myself!

Been held on accountable for numerous governments Tory & Labour but the sitting government do struggle to hold numerous government departments to account.

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve cancelled order from the VW garage in Leicester as they have proved to be completely incompetent.

They placed my order 6 weeks after I placed my deposit without telling me, lied to them the point of saying my car was in the docks in Germany a week after placing the order, not returning phone calls, lying about being able to offer a replacement car for the delayed period etc etc etc.

In short, avoid.

35 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’ve cancelled order from the VW garage in Leicester as they have proved to be completely incompetent.

They placed my order 6 weeks after I placed my deposit without telling me, lied to them the point of saying my car was in the docks in Germany a week after placing the order, not returning phone calls, lying about being able to offer a replacement car for the delayed period etc etc etc.

In short, avoid.

Wankers, have you gone for an alternative brand or another VW garage?

3 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I haven’t don’t anything yet as I’ve only just cancelled it. Will probably order from another VW garage to be honest.

Fair enough, I was going to say as much. I’ve got a new mondeo from Sandicliffe Ford (I know they’re shit) but dealing with the Loughborough dealership has just been awful. I use the Melton Mowbray one now and they’re brilliant. It’s hard to imagine the two places are the same company.

17 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Fair enough, I was going to say as much. I’ve got a new mondeo from Sandicliffe Ford (I know they’re shit) but dealing with the Loughborough dealership has just been awful. I use the Melton Mowbray one now and they’re brilliant. It’s hard to imagine the two places are the same company.

I’ve never had an issue with Sandicliffe, got a new Fiesta ST a few years ago and everything was straight forward with that.

Ive put the car I want on CarWow and the Loughborough garage have offered me a really good deal on the car I want so looks like a trip there tomorrow.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I haven’t don’t anything yet as I’ve only just cancelled it. Will probably order from another VW garage to be honest.

I know someone else that had a pretty shit experience with the Leicester VW dealership recently. It was ridiculous - just refusing to answer questions instead of referring them onto someone more senior or admit they didn't know the answer.

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

Leicester Sandicliffe seem to be OK at the moment. They tried to take the piss with my Dad at the Loughborough one not that long ago though

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, simFox said:

Really pleased with my new seats I bought, got them repaired by capital seating in Leicester. Top job. Haggled these down on eBay:

1zoc6j5.jpg

Sent the seat for repair. You can't tell. £150 to replace the red leather:

w9fvw5.jpg

What they going in ...   ?

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Is that the very latest one ...    saw one on the way to Southampton a month or so ago ...    looked really mean. 

Honda website only has the Type r Vtec advertised i think so not entirely sure what’s going on with that one

Looks a great car though  

10 minutes ago, sk3since03 said:

Honda website only has the Type r Vtec advertised i think so not entirely sure what’s going on with that one

Looks a great car though  

Saw in a queue at night from way back ..   looked like a super car till I saw the narrow tyres ...   great styling ..  it was in Autocar that week ..   got a good write up too.    If I was in the market for a super hot hatch I’d definitely buy one.

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Is that the very latest one ...    saw one on the way to Southampton a month or so ago ...    looked really mean. 

Always thought they looked a bit Chav with all the busy wings and vents and what not, but they look much better in person, loads of presence.

Had my new (to me) car delivered on Wednesday evening. Took it out, and the headlights are rubbish. So rubbish I couldn't drive without main beam, and even that wasn't as bright as normal headlights, with just headlights I could barely see the road in front. When I phoned the dealership they told me to take it to a garage of my choice and they would cover any costs. Great so far, but I've been quoted £350 for a replacement headlight unit which they want me to pay for and then wait for them to reimburse me. So when I rang the dealer back to let them know what the cost would be,  the lad said they will source one and do it themselves instead. Do I have any right to complain that I can't use the car in the dark, apart from well lit streets, or should I just be grateful that they're offering to fix it at all? 

Had my new (to me) car delivered on Wednesday evening. Took it out, and the headlights are rubbish. So rubbish I couldn't drive without main beam, and even that wasn't as bright as normal headlights, with just headlights I could barely see the road in front. When I phoned the dealership they told me to take it to a garage of my choice and they would cover any costs. Great so far, but I've been quoted £350 for a replacement headlight unit which they want me to pay for and then wait for them to reimburse me. So when I rang the dealer back to let them know what the cost would be,  the lad said they will source one and do it themselves instead. Do I have any right to complain that I can't use the car in the dark, apart from well lit streets, or should I just be grateful that they're offering to fix it at all? 
If the car has an interior headlight adjuster dial make sure it is set to 0 (this raises the headlight aim to its highest setting).

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:
19 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

If the car has an interior headlight adjuster dial make sure it is set to 0 (this raises the headlight aim to its highest setting).

Yes I tried that, the garage says the whole unit is misaligned and needs to be replaced, they can't adjust it. It's also a special order, so it looks like I could be waiting a while ? 

Yes I tried that, the garage says the whole unit is misaligned and needs to be replaced, they can't adjust it. It's also a special order, so it looks like I could be waiting a while [emoji853] 
I say give them hell and kick up a fuss. It's the only way to get these people to do anything these days. Besides, it's bloody dangerous selling cars with defective headlights.
  • Thanks 1