Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

The Car thread

People in the know. Why does my ABS light come on when I hit 80mph? Is it some weird Back to the Future feature I wasn't told about when purchasing the car? 

Is it going to cost me a fortune to get fixed?

As funny as Strokes reply was, does anyone have any idea?

Range Rovers are everything they say they are and better.

And the new RR Sport is the top of the pile .....   luxury car with pace and off road ability.      Can't think of a nicer place to sit and eat up the miles.

P.S.  Sat nav is wank.

Edited by Countryfox

kinda car related.

my wife is a named driver on my insurance.

could i remove her from the insurance but still let her drive the car with my consent?

would she still need to have insurance of her own?

she is also the legal owner of the car, how would that affect the scenario?

kinda car related.

my wife is a named driver on my insurance.

could i remove her from the insurance but still let her drive the car with my consent?

would she still need to have insurance of her own?

she is also the legal owner of the car, how would that affect the scenario?

If you remove her as a named driver she can't drive your car unless her insurance policy for her car (if she has one) specifies that it covers her while driving cars other than her own.

Edited by potter3

Company car: chose an Audio A3 S line.    Not bragging

Bloody A3 S no less ! ...    you show off Boosy ...  not bragging my arse !      Bet it goes like sh1t off a shovel ...   I'd probably not be able to keep up in my Ferrari.   :ph34r:

P.S.  Whats an Audio ??

Edited by Countryfox

Company car: chose an Audio A3 S line. Just wanted something smaller this time. Not bragging, my company car is a fu<k!n@ prison!

I done so many miles I'm not titillated by cars anymore.

Bet you're Audi hasn't been an internet star like my pick up ....

Bloody A3 S no less ! ...    you show off Boosy ...  not bragging my arse !      Bet it goes like sh1t off a shovel ...   I'd probably not be able to keep up in my Ferrari.   :ph34r:

P.S.  Whats an Audio ??

Got bored of BMW after beamer, and realised that Audio was the new willy puller of the road so I chose a humble one and nicknamed it Audio, after ClAUDIO.

I wish I'd kept to beamers. Gotta wait another 18 months.

Still a prison.

Got bored of BMW after beamer, and realised that Audio was the new willy puller of the road so I chose a humble one and nicknamed it Audio, after ClAUDIO.

I wish I'd kept to beamers. Gotta wait another 18 months.

Still a prison.

Guess I'm a little spoilt but I have a 330d M Sport at the moment, and I absolutely hate it.

Want my Audi A4 back.....

Swap !

• Like 3

Got confirmation my old corsa is a write off so need to look at a new car; looking at a lot of the used websites there's not much in terms of 1.2ltr engines within my price range.

Done forecourts down saffron lane and near the pork pie island with no real luck (few land rover freelanders in my price range but definitely not within insurance range) - anyone know any other good used dealers around the city centre area?

Got confirmation my old corsa is a write off so need to look at a new car; looking at a lot of the used websites there's not much in terms of 1.2ltr engines within my price range.

Done forecourts down saffron lane and near the pork pie island with no real luck (few land rover freelanders in my price range but definitely not within insurance range) - anyone know any other good used dealers around the city centre area?

Depending on your budget have you tried DJ Whymans on Aylestone road?

I often wonder where the classics of the future are, apart from the top end cars of course.

I can't imagine young lads in 20 years time aspiring to restore a Skoda Fabia back to its original glory

Design is very much a love/hate thing, but the Mk1 Ford Focus ranks high on my list of modern classics. That being said, the car is already almost 20 years old. :o  Not sure about current makes and models.

I've not. Are they a bit pricey then? Looking at around 1.5k, possibly stretching to two so most of the affiliated dealers (like drive on freemans common) are out.

They are a bit yes, probably more than you want to pay.

Gumtree would be good but the only problem with that is you won't get any warranty if you buy privately.

They are a bit yes, probably more than you want to pay.

Gumtree would be good but the only problem with that is you won't get any warranty if you buy privately.

Could you not buy a warranty?

On the market for a new motor with impending baby on the way. Me and the wife both have small 3dr cars, which we're going to get rid of in place of one larger car.

Would quite like an old shaped (2010-16) Sportage. The advantage of buying a used one of these is that they came with 7 year warranties, so a three year old one will still have more warranty on it than a normal new car. Problem is that this is reflected in the used car values - they don't come cheap.

The best financial sense purchase for me ATM is a Suzuki Vitara SZ4, brand new on a 48m PCP - working out about £155 pcm. The SZ4 base model comes with absolutely everything too: climate, cruise, DAB, bluetooth, alloys, fogs, etc. Just not 100% sure if I want one.

Also looking at Hyundai IX35, which they've just stopped making.

We would like a C-Max, but their residuals don't work out well so they don't stack up on PCP. Could buy an older one but they're not cheap enough to justify the financial risk of an older car. 

Quite like the Mokkas (despite them being Vauxhall), but they have appalling residuals too - like all Vauxhalls. The boot is actually a bit small too.