Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

The Car thread

21 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Has anyone had any experience with voiding the warranty on their car through lack of servicing?  Apparently I was supposed to do it once a year/every 10k km (car's now 2 years old with just over 30k on the clock) and now I'm being told by the dealer that the vehicle's worthless in Belgium and I can't possibly sell it back to them nor repurchase the warranty even though it works as fine as rge day i bought it and he's willing to pass it on to an overseas vendor (I think for the Asian market) for E3500 which is a pretty steep devaluation after just 2 years.  Is this normal practice or is he just being a bit of a dick?

Take it to a different dealer. Explain you've screwed up and could they put a stamp in the book for you if you buy another motor through them, get it serviced through them or do future leasing through them.

Its all rubbish re warranty unless the oil needs a different type from when new. Don't ask over the phone, go down in person and speak to a service bloke - a head monkey not the organ grinder. 

The other option you have is to get the book stamped twice by a garage who use the correct servicing parts and then when it's time to give the vehicle back or see the jobsworth fella, just cry idiocy confusion and language barrier say I got you thought he meant the servicing had to be with that particular garage?!

If all that fails, blame them. The car should have been set with service interval dashboard reminders, and you should have been sent letters / emails as service prompts. That's why you thought it was a two year jobby and get on to their customer services dept if you get no joy from trying different dealerships.

On 20 September 2016 at 11:04, Carl the Llama said:

Has anyone had any experience with voiding the warranty on their car through lack of servicing?  Apparently I was supposed to do it once a year/every 10k km (car's now 2 years old with just over 30k on the clock) and now I'm being told by the dealer that the vehicle's worthless in Belgium and I can't possibly sell it back to them nor repurchase the warranty even though it works as fine as rge day i bought it and he's willing to pass it on to an overseas vendor (I think for the Asian market) for E3500 which is a pretty steep devaluation after just 2 years.  Is this normal practice or is he just being a bit of a dick?

It's just like an insurance policy. They will get out of it if they can. You have to follow the rules.

A guy who sorts my insurances out always tells me what I need to do to be covered. As in covered, he says that they will try and find a way out of paying you, so you need to ensure you follow the rules.

• 6 months later...

Get my new car soon. Had an agreement to buy an XK8 with only 38,000 miles on it but ended up with a 60,000 miles XJ V8 3.2 litre (1999) 

problem was might be needed to put kids car seats in the back and it's just not workable in the XK8. 

I dont know a huge amount about engines etc and whether it's a well thought of set up or just that I've never driven such a powerful car before but that 4.0 XK8 engine is something else. Drives absolutely beautiful, so well balanced as a car as well and feels absolutely sure footed with a real direct connection to the road feeling through the steering. 

One day ! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had a fantastic opportunity the other day to drive a few very fast cars ...    as @buce will know I do like my tractors so the first was an Aventador made by that old tractor manufacturer Ferruccio Lamborghini ...    only managed a piddling 195 mph so had a go in one of his rivals cars (Enzo Ferrari ..   hiss boo) and managed a creditable 203mph ...   would have been even more without the headwind.   :)

Tractor fired up and ready to go ...   note the sh1te paintwork ..

FullSizeRender 4.jpg

Where do folk go to get their tyres changed? I'm looking to get all of mine replaced and there's and endless choice of please to go. I've decided on brand new over part worn but just not sure where to go. Looking online I think I'll be looking to spend around £200-250 for all four tyres.

33 minutes ago, Dipak83 said:

Where do folk go to get their tyres changed? I'm looking to get all of mine replaced and there's and endless choice of please to go. I've decided on brand new over part worn but just not sure where to go. Looking online I think I'll be looking to spend around £200-250 for all four tyres.

You can't get better than a Kwik Fit fitter. They're the boys to trust :thumbup:

50 minutes ago, Dipak83 said:

Used https://www.event-tyres.co.uk/ last time I needed a set doing. They come to you and tend to be just as cheap if not cheaper than your average garage.

Edited by potter3

4 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

You can't get better than a Kwik Fit fitter. They're the boys to trust :thumbup:

4 hours ago, potter3 said:

Used https://www.event-tyres.co.uk/ last time I needed a set doing. They come to you and tend to be just as cheap if not cheaper than your average garage.

Thanks guys, had a look around online and went Kwik-Fit in the end.

I go Blackcircles. You order online and choose the garage to get them fitted. There is always one near you. Two front tyres from Blackcircles last year were about the same price as one from the local Kwik Fit, when I had to replace one of the back in a hurry after pothole damage.

A couple of years ago I bought two new tyres. At the end of the week the car was written off when some muppet drove through the lane of traffic on the right and piled straight into the driver's side of my car. His name was Courtney. Never come across a bloke called Courtney before.

And another car story. When the Tories win the election in a few weeks time it will probably be my fault. 1987 Blue car, Tory win; 1992, Blue car; 1997 Red car, Labour win; 2001, Red car; 2005, Red car; 2010 Blue car, Tory win; 2015, Blue car. 2017, Blue car (Skoda say it is actually grey but it is a distinctly bluish shade of grey).

3 minutes ago, The Fox Covert said:

I go Blackcircles. You order online and choose the garage to get them fitted. There is always one near you. Two front tyres from Blackcircles last year were about the same price as one from the local Kwik Fit, when I had to replace one of the back in a hurry after pothole damage.

A couple of years ago I bought two new tyres. At the end of the week the car was written off when some muppet drove through the lane of traffic on the right and piled straight into the driver's side of my car. His name was Courtney. Never come across a bloke called Courtney before.

And another car story. When the Tories win the election in a few weeks time it will probably be my fault. 1987 Blue car, Tory win; 1992, Blue car; 1997 Red car, Labour win; 2001, Red car; 2005, Red car; 2010 Blue car, Tory win; 2015, Blue car. 2017, Blue car (Skoda say it is actually grey but it is a distinctly bluish shade of grey).

Never buy a purple and yellow car.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2017 at 16:11, Ian996 said:

Driving season is back, dust off the classics and get your roofs down. Anyone got anything interesting!

Hopefully get a few track days and weekends in the westy this year!

2016-12-27_20.57.23.jpg

Never in your 235 posts have I liked you Ian, but this is a new low.  You git.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2017 at 08:23, The People's Hero said:

Get my new car soon. Had an agreement to buy an XK8 with only 38,000 miles on it but ended up with a 60,000 miles XJ V8 3.2 litre (1999) 

problem was might be needed to put kids car seats in the back and it's just not workable in the XK8. 

I dont know a huge amount about engines etc and whether it's a well thought of set up or just that I've never driven such a powerful car before but that 4.0 XK8 engine is something else. Drives absolutely beautiful, so well balanced as a car as well and feels absolutely sure footed with a real direct connection to the road feeling through the steering. 

One day ! 

You had me for 18 words then it all went wrong.  You got a link on the XK?