Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dr The Singh

What mobile phone should I go for?

Genuine question...what do people actually use their high end smart phones for?

I can see why you'd want a ton of processing power if you wanted to play the latest 3D games, but if you're not a gamer I'm at a loss as to why people want to have such expensive devices.

Is it just a status symbol thing?

:unsure::nono:  Cubot x17 :D

Are Cubot alright? I like Chinese phones - had a THL T200 (lasted 18 months before it conked) then a Jiayu S3 but the screen broke in my pocket yesterday - no idea how it happened. The only major problem I've had with either is the GPS is always inaccurate so useless as satnav

I can see why you'd want a ton of processing power if you wanted to play the latest 3D games, but if you're not a gamer I'm at a loss as to why people want to have such expensive devices.

So many things about them.

The speed of the processor, the clarity of picture, watching movies, betting when out and about, their look (the s6 and s7 edge are beautiful), games in HD...etc etc.

If you say compare the iPhone 5 with the 6, you'll see what I mean about the speed.

I simply love high end phones.

Multitasking, I like having 20 tabs in Chrome and being able to switch between that, youtube, soundcloud, evernote, podcasts etc in an instant.

Alternatively if you do invest in an apple you ruin humanity's chances of ever having a happy, peaceful world so, yaknow.

I have an energy saving lightbulb and a bag for life! I don't have many pleasures in life and now you want me to ditch one of them!

I'm a working class over taxed struggling family man. How the f^ck am I supposed to make humanity better! Turn off your wifi and your PC and YOU help humanity! 

I have an energy saving lightbulb and a bag for life! I don't have many pleasures in life and now you want me to ditch one of them!

I'm a working class over taxed struggling family man. How the f^ck am I supposed to make humanity better! Turn off your wifi and your PC and YOU help humanity! 

Nah it's much easier telling other people what to do.

Are Cubot alright? I like Chinese phones - had a THL T200 (lasted 18 months before it conked) then a Jiayu S3 but the screen broke in my pocket yesterday - no idea how it happened. The only major problem I've had with either is the GPS is always inaccurate so useless as satnav

I haven't got a Cubot.  :thumbup: I am a Samsung user.  :unsure:  :whistle:

Ah fair enough - I was a bit put off by Cubot as their flagship model is only 5 inches - my THL previously was 6" and I loved the big screen but most Chinese phones are now 5.5" or lower. Going to order a Meizu MX4 Pro - they were selling for £300+ not so long ago, supposed to be a really good phone

Don't get an iPhone.

I'm not saying that as some Android loving loonatic. But they really are superior.

I understand that iPhones are a fashion statement and they have lovely build quality, but Android really has caught up and has now overtaken Apple.

Any post 2014/2015 Android device is worth having. I currently have a HTC One M8 and i've given it a rough ride but it's only got a slight dint in the back. My old iPhone used to crack when you looked at it.

The features might not have the fancy names that the iPhones do, but they just are better. 

I'm currently using a Nexus that has stock android (the only version of android worth having) and an iPhone and the iPhone is far better. Some things about android are superb but as far as the whole package goes, iPhones are still better.

God knows how anyone uses a Samsung though, Jesus what an ugly phone to use.

I'm currently using a Nexus that has stock android (the only version of android worth having) and an iPhone and the iPhone is far better. Some things about android are superb but as far as the whole package goes, iPhones are still better.

My S5 has been good to great. No major issues even after my kids dropping it constantly (case is a must). I think the camera could be better. My wife's z2 takes great pictures and puts mine to shame.

I have an ipad and cant stand it. Its personal preference really but i do think they are wayyyyyyy over priced for what they offer and the same could be said for the high end samsungs etc.

The s6 and s7 edge are both gorgeous phones.

Don't get an iPhone.

I'm not saying that as some Android loving loonatic. But they really are superior.

I understand that iPhones are a fashion statement and they have lovely build quality, but Android really has caught up and has now overtaken Apple.

Any post 2014/2015 Android device is worth having. I currently have a HTC One M8 and i've given it a rough ride but it's only got a slight dint in the back. My old iPhone used to crack when you looked at it.

The features might not have the fancy names that the iPhones do, but they just are better.

iPhone is far more dependable than any other operating system. It really does just work.

If you want more features go with Samsung but if you want consistent updates, no lag and no issues to speak of iPhone is and will always be the best option out there. If you have an ipad as well it syncs with everything perfectly.

iPhone is far more dependable than any other operating system. It really does just work.

If you want more features go with Samsung but if you want consistent updates, no lag and no issues to speak of iPhone is and will always be the best option out there. If you have an ipad as well it syncs with everything perfectly.

Personally I've had more issues with iPhone and ipad updates than I ever have with android updates.

Genuinely.

The latest ipad update I've downloaded has sent my safari into chaos. Pages just not opening at all.

I've literally not had a single issue with any Samsung updates.

Personally I've had more issues with iPhone and ipad updates than I ever have with android updates.

Genuinely.

The latest ipad update I've downloaded has sent my safari into chaos. Pages just not opening at all.

I've literally not had a single issue with any Samsung updates.

there's an issue with opening links in email too but they are sorting a fix so an update is expected soon

lol

Well there ya go then...kind of blows your last post out the water mate?

not really, they at least fix these issues very quickly. With android? You are waiting a year with any kind of update.

Samsung phones have lagged out of the box which isn't good when they don't fix these issues. The S7 though I hope is better

not really, they at least fix these issues very quickly. With android? You are waiting a year with any kind of update.

Samsung phones have lagged out of the box which isn't good when they don't fix these issues. The S7 though I hope is better

Mate, the recent apple update has reduced my safari to tears. Any advice?

Mate, the recent apple update has reduced my safari to tears. Any advice?

you mean in general or just clicking on links?

When in Google I use the google app instead of safari. Apple are coming out with an update shortly they said to fix the issue of appears. Haven't checked yet if chrome is affected