Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

Hillsborough Inquest Finds 96 Liverpool Fans Were 'Unlawfully Killed'

Nope, front page is a story about David Cameron and whatsapp.

Cvnts

Shocked they haven't referenced it , although they apologised previously this was a moment for them to shoe humility !!!

Can't wait for that evil old cretin Murdock to get his 6ft mattress of clay !

I have had my words on other forums..

I watched in tears as this was being played out.

I after 27 yrs of disgust of fans being put up as the people to blame,

seeing corruption and lies come to an end, with the words..

unlawlfull deaths, again I choked and tears did well.

I still would like to know, how many of Thatchers hit men, influenced the

propoganda, cover ups and downright corruption.

How was it allowed that good honest rank and file coppers actually left their jobs,

or lost their careers, because they refused the lie.

I had acquaintances and friends who were involved in the aftermath.

Forget this not..By 1989 the hardened Hooligan platforms h ad been dwindling

years before, still rose their ugly heads now and again, but not that day..

Football fans that day were tainted falseley, from corrupt authorities 27 years

ago..

In that same period celebs and politicians were already in the middle of creating

Yewtree History, yet to be found out..

This is when you honestly ask..what did my dad and uncles fight for.

One of the most disgusting corrupt stories ever played out in so called peacefull England.

FFS, think on this deeply...27 yes 27 corrupt years!!!!

Fans between 0-37 yes should question its meaning, but dont ever try to have an opinion,

I am sorry its how I feel..!!. Something died in me through that year, God to be praised,

that the victims relations had the stamina , guts and stubborness, not to be browbeaten.

Social heroes every single one of them.

PS. For many years, Liverpool fans had a close association with Leicester city,

Over the years the landscape did change a bit..Could of been the lack of

Employment within the midlands..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

I could have written that myself.

For the total bellends that are still blaming the fans. Read the 2 Taylor reports, especially the 1st - the Interim Report. Staggeringly it's ALL in there. It was ALL known from day one.

And I quote from the section entitled "Was Drunkenness a Major Factor in the Crisis at the Turnstiles?"

"Superintendent Marshall and other officers criticised the crowd as unco-operative because police exhortations to stop pushing and to ease back were not heeded. How could they be? In that crush most people had no control over their movements at all."

From the section entitled "Were Fans Without Tickets a Major Factor in the Build-Up?"

"Secondly, such figures as are available from the Club’s electronic monitoring system and from analyses by the HSE suggest that no great number entered without tickets."

http://hillsborough.independent.gov.uk/repository/docs/HWP000000180001.pdf

No matter how many times you repeat the lie, it will never become the truth.

It is a good point about everything being known from day one. Books published in the early nineties as well as Phil Scraton's Hillsborough - The Truth (1999) has it all in there.

If you could forgive the original mistakes that lead to the crush and then contributed to further deaths, the subsequent shifting of blame to the victims in unforgivable

• Like 1

I have had my words on other forums..

I watched in tears as this was being played out.

I after 27 yrs of disgust of fans being put up as the people to blame,

seeing corruption and lies come to an end, with the words..

unlawlfull deaths, again I choked and tears did well.

I still would like to know, how many of Thatchers hit men, influenced the

propoganda, cover ups and downright corruption.

How was it allowed that good honest rank and file coppers actually left their jobs,

or lost their careers, because they refused the lie.

I had acquaintances and friends who were involved in the aftermath.

Forget this not..By 1989 the hardened Hooligan platforms h ad been dwindling

years before, still rose their ugly heads now and again, but not that day..

Football fans that day were tainted falseley, from corrupt authorities 27 years

ago..

In that same period celebs and politicians were already in the middle of creating

Yewtree History, yet to be found out..

This is when you honestly ask..what did my dad and uncles fight for.

One of the most disgusting corrupt stories ever played out in so called peacefull England.

FFS, think on this deeply...27 yes 27 corrupt years!!!!

Fans between 0-37 yes should question its meaning, but dont ever try to have an opinion,

I am sorry its how I feel..!!. Something died in me through that year, God to be praised,

that the victims relations had the stamina , guts and stubborness, not to be browbeaten.

Social heroes every single one of them.

PS. For many years, Liverpool fans had a close association with Leicester city,

Over the years the landscape did change a bit..Could of been the lack of

Employment within the midlands..

Pop in any pub in Leicester when liverpool are playing on TV and the close association you mention lives on in HUGE numbers, Liverpool it seems are heavily supported by Asian residents of Leicester , let's hope these are the last generations of that sort of thing .

Laying the blame onto one police chief doesn't sit right with me at all. A decision to blame him has been made through the pressure of 27 years worth of grief and anger. He was always going to found guilty because of this. His actions were being judged by someone with the benefit of hindsight and away from the pressure he was under that day in making instantaneous decisions. That's where my sympathy ends.

Losing 96 football fans is beyond tragic, but covering the whole truth up is almost as tragic and wrong.

Laying the blame onto one police chief doesn't sit right with me at all. A decision to blame him has been made through the pressure of 27 years worth of grief and anger. He was always going to found guilty because of this. His actions were being judged by someone with the benefit of hindsight and away from the pressure he was under that day in making instantaneous decisions. That's where my sympathy ends.

Losing 96 football fans is beyond tragic, but covering the whole truth up is almost as tragic and wrong.

You seem to be forgetting the prat who led the Police on that fateful afternoon lied through his teeth within 20 minutes of this tragedy happening. The bastard should be hung!!

That's a given mate !

Agree

You seem to be forgetting the prat who led the Police on that fateful afternoon lied through his teeth within 20 minutes of this tragedy happening. The bastard should be hung!!

The fact he did that is beyond awful.

What I meant was that it's very easy to criticise his policing actions and lay all the blame at his feet 27 years on judging him on a situation that is far removed from the safety of a courtroom

Duckenfield was in charge that day for the policing which includes crowd safety and upholding the law. He failed abysmally and has to take the can. I agree he is not alone but the buck stops with the "top" man.

It is NOT the fault of the families of the victims that it has taken 27 years to get to this point.

Not only did this squalid individual order the opening of the gates at the Lepping Lane's end he then lied and allowed police constables on duty that day to falsify their notebooks to nullify their inadequacies and push the blame elsewhere. This is reprehensible and cannot be defended. 

• Like 1

Duckenfield was in charge that day for the policing which includes crowd safety and upholding the law. He failed abysmally and has to take the can. I agree he is not alone but the buck stops with the "top" man.

It is NOT the fault of the families of the victims that it has taken 27 years to get to this point.

Not only did this squalid individual order the opening of the gates at the Lepping Lane's end he then lied and allowed police constables on duty that day to falsify their notebooks to nullify their inadequacies and push the blame elsewhere. This is reprehensible and cannot be defended.

Agreed but I don't see why SOMEONE has to take the blame 27 years on. He's no way responsible for the deaths of the 96 than the Liverpool fans drunk that day.

And of course fans would've been drunk. Any away support in that situation would've had fans who'd been drinking.

Agreed but I don't see why SOMEONE has to take the blame 27 years on. He's no way responsible for the deaths of the 96 than the Liverpool fans drunk that day.

And of course fans would've been drunk. Any away support in that situation would've had fans who'd been drinking.

Are you serious? It is astonishing that people could still hold this view. Duckenfield was out of his depth, and admitted he did not read the safety briefings nor was he familiar with the layout of Hillsborough. He has not read any of the reports about previous "near misses" nor did he check the safety certificate. He policed it purely on an "it'll (probably) be alright on the night" basis and when it all went wrong, he froze, failed to lead and then lied, immediately trying to shift the blame to people as they lay dying.

But some of them were drunk? So that's ok then? Some of them were boisterouis? It was a football crowd FFS - what do you expect? The police should have known what to expect and how to police it.

Edited by stripeyfox
  • Like 2

Please educate yourself and look into the facts of the case before making such inflammatory comments as this. It really isn't on.

Fans died because of a crush, instigated by a mismanagement of crowd control due to failings by the police and the design of the ground. The situation was made much worse once it began due to the complete inaction of people in power once the situation was known.

If that wasn't bad enough, there was then a known and concerted effort to conceal what really happened and apportion blame to protect the police force. That is disgusting - put yourself in this position as a Leicester fan. The police force have pointed the finger, not at a few fans, they've essentially pointed it at all that were there and called them the killers.

Even if say 100, 200, 500 fans were drunk (and there's no meaningful evidence that was the case) - you still need many, many, many more fans to create the crush that was the factor that killed people. This excuse is just not plausible give the evidence, and remember all of this was captured on CCTV.

The reason blame is being attached to the Police Superintendent is because he was ultimately the person in charge of crowd safety - yet he failed to do simple things to educate himself on how to manage the situation. His failings and lazy fare attitude compared to the procedures his predecessor are astonishing... with this a known fact, its then perhaps not suprising he made a catastrophic mistake in the moment, because essentially he hadn't put in the preparation that would have enabled himself to cope and make key judgement calls.

Honestly, I defy anyone that can watch the whole footage back without shedding a tear and realising that the fans in this instance were by no way to blame - all they wanted to do was watch a football match.

Guest MattP

Disgusting Cvnts

2n24r61.jpg

Damned if they do damned if they don't really. If they had splashed it across the front page they would be called hypocrites etc and be told by everyone in Liverpool that we don't want your sympathy/apologies etc, do absolutely nothing and they are a shower of cnuts for not mentioning it.

They have apologised again (for the fourth time) in the editorial according to a picture I saw on Twitter.

It's important to remember people like Tom Newton-Dunn etc were absolutely nothing to do with the paper when they printed the Hillsborough story, you shouldn't pay for the sins of your father.

Guest MattP

P.S I never buy the Sun, not because of a story from 27 years ago but because it's shit with crap columnists and an insult to call it a paper that concentrates on the actual news. If I wanted a comic I'd buy Viz.

P.S I never buy the Sun, not because of a story from 27 years ago but because it's shit with crap columnists and an insult to call it a paper that concentrates on the actual news. If I wanted a comic I'd buy Viz.

It really is a sad indictment on our country that the Sun is our most read newspaper, followed by the Mail

It is a good point about everything being known from day one. Books published in the early nineties as well as Phil Scraton's Hillsborough - The Truth (1999) has it all in there.

If you could forgive the original mistakes that lead to the crush and then contributed to further deaths, the subsequent shifting of blame to the victims in unforgivable

Again, I could have written that myself.  I found my copy of Phil  Scratons book the other day and thought about reading it again, in light of the events since.  I'm not sure I could though, it just makes me so bloody angry.

I went to an FA cup semi final - Villa Park '82 and have stood on the Leppings Lane terrace in '86 - Steve Moran scored for us 2-2.

It could have been us and not Liverpool, it could have been anyone!

Guest MattP

It really is a sad indictment on our country that the Sun is our most read newspaper, followed by the Mail

The circulation figures for the Sun are depressing, I don't read the Daily Mail but the Mail on Sunday is a cracking read, brilliant for investigative journalism and political stories.

The good thing is The Times is increasing in circulation, so there is a market for quality journalism.

And the Liverpool fans aren't responsible for making Duckenfield take the erroneous decision to open gates that caused the crush and deaths.

The passage of time should not diminish the crime and he has to face up and be responsible for his appalling actions.

Edited by David Hankey

Do you know how many of the 96 were "drunk"? Do you know how many of the 96 had alcohol inside them?

If the answer to those questions is no, then you should consider making sweeping generalisation statements in the future.

My only criticism of the Liverpool supporters is why did so many leave it so late in getting to the ground, after all they knew the kick-off times weeks in advance.

• Like 1

I think it's safe to assume football fans in the late 80s drank you know.

People clearly can't see all I'm pointing out is that it's very easy to criticise Duckenfields actions knowing what we now know. He had to make an instantaneous decision in a desperate situation and decided to order open the gates. It could've turned out absolutely fine in different circumstances. Unfortunately for him, the 96, their families and us as football fans it turned out to be disastrous

Whatever happened before or after that, you cannot just blame that one decision on the cause of the catastrophe.

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

Guest MattP

Do you know how many of the 96 were "drunk"? Do you know how many of the 96 had alcohol inside them?

If the answer to those questions is no, then you should consider making sweeping generalisation statements in the future.

My only criticism of the Liverpool supporters is why did so many leave it so late in getting to the ground, after all they knew the kick-off times weeks in advance.

I don't think anyone has ever accused any of the 96 of being drunk, yobbish, misbehaving etc - these poor people would have been the ones in the ground extremely early and near the front.

It's the thousands who turned up near kick off who people have doubts on.

The circulation figures for the Sun are depressing, I don't read the Daily Mail but the Mail on Sunday is a cracking read, brilliant for investigative journalism and political stories.

The good thing is The Times is increasing in circulation, so there is a market for quality journalism.

Hope that continues to be the case, the Times is the best read in print by far.

• Like 1

I think it's safe to assume football fans in the late 80s drank you know.

People clearly can't see all I'm pointing out is that it's very easy to criticise Duckenfields actions knowing what we now know. He had to make an instantaneous decision in a desperate situation and decided to order open the gates. It could've turned out absolutely fine in different circumstances. Unfortunately for him, the 96, their families and us as football fans it turned out to be disastrous

Whatever happened before or after that, you cannot just blame that one decision on the cause of the catastrophe.

Perhaps if he'd bothered to familiarise himself with the safety reports and the layout of the ground beforehand then he might have ordered the tunnel gate to be closed before ordering Gate C to be opened.

That one decision WAS the main cause of the catastrophe.

He knew by 1530 that afternoon that he'd fcuked up and immediately began spreading lies, some of which people on here are still repeating as fact today!

• Like 2