Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lgfualol

Battlefield 1

On 18/10/2016 at 14:45, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I'm smart enough not to hang around though lol what I love doing more than anything is killing someone and hanging around for 5 seconds to make it look like I'm camping, find a vantage point and wait for the person to come to get me then pick them off again. Well satisfying

Sadistic bastard. Wasn't sure about buying this but all of the comments on here suggest it's well worth it.

Traded some games in and got this on saturday. What a game. Didnt start off to great but soon picked it up. I've found being a scout works well for me. Went with assault to start with and found myself getting battered. Will start the single player campaign as i have heard great things. Any recommendations on which story to play first?

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Traded some games in and got this on saturday. What a game. Didnt start off to great but soon picked it up. I've found being a scout works well for me. Went with assault to start with and found myself getting battered. Will start the single player campaign as i have heard great things. Any recommendations on which story to play first?

Probably explains why I get slaughtered, only been assault so far lol.

10 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

With COD it was all about running and gunning but with Battlefield you need to be just a little bit smarter. I've been more reserved when i know i'm approaching a gun fight which i would assume you would do in a real war. I've found myself picking off people as a scout then lobbing ammo packs for teammates and getting some decent points for it. As with assault i was just running in head first and just getting annihilated before i've even found the enemy.

1 minute ago, kingcarr21 said:

With COD it was all about running and gunning but with Battlefield you need to be just a little bit smarter. I've been more reserved when i know i'm approaching a gun fight which i would assume you would do in a real war. I've found myself picking off people as a scout then lobbing ammo packs for teammates and getting some decent points for it. As with assault i was just running in head first and just getting annihilated before i've even found the enemy.

Yeah that's one of my pitfalls lol and to be fair I would probably do the same in real war*

*Would hide in a cave for 5 years.

7 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Assault with the standard gun is painfully bad, it has no power what's so ever most opponents will have time to counter fire and gun you down in a straight shoot out even if you get the first bullets in.

If you use a shot gun however, great class if you focus on closer quarters fire fights. 

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

Assault with the standard gun is painfully bad, it has no power what's so ever most opponents will have time to counter fire and gun you down in a straight shoot out even if you get the first bullets in.

If you use a shot gun however, great class if you focus on closer quarters fire fights. 

Yup that sounds about right. I need to spend some time figuring it out, I normally just turn it on and play without looking at set up etc.

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yup that sounds about right. I need to spend some time figuring it out, I normally just turn it on and play without looking at set up etc.

lol

I'd avoid assault and support with standard guns. Scout has an ok rifle to begin with if your any good at sniping. Medic has a bolt gun which is very effective a most ranges I've found. 

I've been crying out for a game like this for ages.  I've been hoping CoD would return to the old school wars and weaponry and this game has taken me back to everything I loved about the early CoD games.  Games are now all about futuristic weaponry and gadgets and bullsh*te, chaotic bopping across the screen which has become so predictable and boring.  Loving this.

3 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Predictably I am shite as sniping haha.

Try medic sight is really good on the weapon and it packs a punch. Just remember it aint an auto but can be fired quickly if you keep rapidly pulling the trigger. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Decided to do some of the single campaign so started on the first one. Think it was called through mud and blood. The tank story. Really enjoyed it. There was a point where the game glitched out and wouldn't progress so had to restart checkpoint but other than that was good fun. Might stick to the single player campaign before focusing on multiplayer.

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Decided to do some of the single campaign so started on the first one. Think it was called through mud and blood. The tank story. Really enjoyed it. There was a point where the game glitched out and wouldn't progress so had to restart checkpoint but other than that was good fun. Might stick to the single player campaign before focusing on multiplayer.

I've played the first two so far, parts of it can be quite interesting, it can seem a little far fetched and historically inaccurate at times but some of the stuff I've though "as if that ever happened" actually did after looking into it, the last act of the second one in particular (although I doubt the scale was quite as big as the game made out)

One of these days all over the world began selling the popular shooter titled Battlefield 1. Since action game happen during the beginning of the First World War, the Russian Empire, which was one of its member, simply was not in the video game. People of Russia was upset by this event, because to play for their country are always nicer than soldiers from other states.

Today DICE development team made a special statement and said that the Russian Empire still appear in Battlefield 1 as the first update, which will be released very soon. Large DLC will bring into play not just a fraction of the whole, but the new maps, weapons, and even the culture of Russia at that time.

Meanwhile, the developers have also reported that Battlefield 1 is scheduled four additions, one of which will be devoted to the Russian Empire, and the second in France. What innovations will contain two other update is unknown. Buy a license of the game at a nice price you can at gamesdeal.

23 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I've played the first two so far, parts of it can be quite interesting, it can seem a little far fetched and historically inaccurate at times but some of the stuff I've though "as if that ever happened" actually did after looking into it, the last act of the second one in particular (although I doubt the scale was quite as big as the game made out)

I did the 2nd story last night ( i assume its the flying one). Loved it was great fun especially the trenches.

I agree it was a bit far fetched but the ending was a cool way to finish. Had a quick blast on multiplayer afterwards, really starting to get the hang of it now. although i do still run around like a mad man throwing ammo packs everywhere.

• Like 1

First time I've really tried a fps on console. I'm excellent at sniping with mouse and keyboard but just can't do it with thumb sticks. I'm at a loss as to how people can be so good and quick scope so well. I'm convinced there are people using special controllers for spotting as well. Auto spot or whatever. I've been on teams wheee no one ever seems to be spotted and others where the whole opposition is spotted the whole time. It's unreal. I consider that cheating to be honest. 

Well.

I can't see myself playing FIFA again soon.

lol Woolers. It's not cheating it's just one team is full of COD muppets running round just trying to get kills and the other has a few good scouts on spotting everything they see.

You don't need a special controller, just an eye for a vantage point, a knowledge of the maps and a keen eye.

Edited by Finnegan

Actually got the hang of spotting now. Made a few little adjustments too which have improved my game a lot. 

Biggest improvement was adjusting sensitivity when scoped, down a little.

For spotting, I didn't realise they had to be right in the cross hair. 

This is an excellent game. Shame I can't play till kids in bed and that the other half is addicted to breaking bad !!