Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

watching el Classico and clear that Madrid playing with a more traditional holding midfielder with casimiro. Wonder if they have an eye on kante.? Already shown he is ambitious enough to move on after one season. Couldn't see Chelsea allowing him to go though. 

When Real Madrid come calling... Man united with Ronaldo etc 

8 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Ronaldo had won the CL and several Pl's with yanited. Can't believe chelski would allow a kante deal to be done. Maybe they will double up with a hazard bid and get one through

If Kante is that cunning and ambitious, which I've never really believed or seen any evidence for but you never know, then he could have demanded a clause be put in his contract.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

If Kante is that cunning and ambitious, which I've never really believed or seen any evidence for but you never know, then he could have demanded a clause be put in his contract.

When you sign for Chelsea from lcfc and get a s/o fee of 10mill and 150k a week contract, you can't demand anything gets put into your contract! if he were to go to real then he can demand things at that point. he was a champion but as an individual, he wasn't even able to hold down his international starting place at that point. different for him now though I still think Chelsea would resist approaches from anywhere. next summer could be different if he has his heart set on Madrid and they want him. Maybe they will wait a season to see his CL performances. Should have stayed here! 

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

When you sign for Chelsea from lcfc and get a s/o fee of 10mill and 150k a week contract, you can't demand anything gets put into your contract! if he were to go to real then he can demand things at that point. he was a champion but as an individual, he wasn't even able to hold down his international starting place at that point. different for him now though I still think Chelsea would resist approaches from anywhere. next summer could be different if he has his heart set on Madrid and they want him. Maybe they will wait a season to see his CL performances. Should have stayed here! 

Fair enough. He was arguably the most in demand player last season especially with the blessing of sir alex, though. His agent could have said, if he were cunning, "Oh Conte, wonderful you called! I just got off the phone with Jose! I'm afraid Ngolo has his heart set on United, but there is just one thing..." This does require you to see Kante and agent as scheming masterminds though which I've seen no evidence for.

We haven't beaten Arsenal in a league match home or away for years and years, they always seem to be that one team who squirm their way past us. That said, I fancy us to get a draw on Wednesday which suits me fine. I think we need 41 points to be safe, it'll probably be less than that who finishes 17th but I think we'll get to 41 in the next two games and then we can push on and try and finish in the top half which we absolutely must go for. We've pride at stake here, put a marker down for next season. We'll learn our lessons from this season and be back in the mixer next year with a new regime and plan from last summers debacle.

If Arsenal go 3-5-2 like they have been doing, does it make sense for us to try the same from last weeks 2nd half showing? It's certainly an interesting option for us if we need it. I'd like to see Gray feature in this, possibly from the start as I am genuinely baffled with Mahrez at the minute. He's not in the worst form he's been in but he's losing that magic in the final third.

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We haven't beaten Arsenal in a league match home or away for years and years, they always seem to be that one team who squirm their way past us. That said, I fancy us to get a draw on Wednesday which suits me fine. I think we need 41 points to be safe, it'll probably be less than that who finishes 17th but I think we'll get to 41 in the next two games and then we can push on and try and finish in the top half which we absolutely must go for. We've pride at stake here, put a marker down for next season. We'll learn our lessons from this season and be back in the mixer next year with a new regime and plan from last summers debacle.

If Arsenal go 3-5-2 like they have been doing, does it make sense for us to try the same from last weeks 2nd half showing? It's certainly an interesting option for us if we need it. I'd like to see Gray feature in this, possibly from the start as I am genuinely baffled with Mahrez at the minute. He's not in the worst form he's been in but he's losing that magic in the final third.

We haven't beaten them in the Premier League since the first game of the 1994/1995 season (2-1). Our record against them is woeful. Given their recent cup victory against Manchester City, I expect a very tough match - keep an eye out for Sanchez again, he loves playing against the LCFC.

A draw would probably be a most positive outcome for us.

This is the Chelsea with three starting line up players alone (hazard, Costa and Kante) making up near enough 100m? We, with a title winning starting line up that cost less than 25 mill, were proof you can be successful without spending. Chelsea having spent a bit less than man utd are not proof that spending =/= success when their line up costs well in excess of 100m.

I think the point he was getting at is that it's not how much you spend but how you spend it. 

I think these numbers do also show that how poorly Pep and Mourinho done, in spite of all of the fuss around them coming into the season.

13 hours ago, lgfualol said:

6 hours ago, ajthefox said:

I think the point he was getting at is that it's not how much you spend but how you spend it. 

I think these numbers do also show that how poorly Pep and Mourinho done, in spite of all of the fuss around them coming into the season.

or he is delusional because he forgets that Chelsea pretty much bought success when Roman bought the club.

Archived