Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:
Everyone above Swansea  will be hoping Man U do win tomorrow!

Not often that is said...

Basically puts everyone bar Hull safe you would think. Palace in 16th are closer to West Brom in 8th than Swansea in 18th lol

5 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Another goal for 'shite Josh King I see..

Calm yourself Col. He's on a decent run, but it's hardly Kane or Aguero like, it's not even Vardy like. It's more on the level of Jon Stead or Michael Ricketts atm, and look where they ended up. He's on a hot streak, let's see if it carrys on to prove he a class striker or if it's just that, a hot streak.

8 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Calm yourself Col. He's on a decent run, but it's hardly Kane or Aguero like, it's not even Vardy like. It's more on the level of Jon Stead or Michael Ricketts atm, and look where they ended up. He's on a hot streak, let's see if it carrys on to prove he a class striker or if it's just that, a hot streak.

I don't think he's a class striker mate. Genuinely never have. I'm merely making the point that neither is he 'shite' either. I'd suggest his scoring record has surprised us all this season (probably even himself)

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I don't think he's a class striker mate. Genuinely never have. I'm merely making the point that neither is he 'shite' either. I'd suggest his scoring record has surprised us all this season (probably even himself)

Well thing is Stead and Ricketts both turned out to be shite after scoring a ton of goal over about 10-15 games and then it tailed off and the dropped down the leagues never to be seen again. I know all this came from people turning their noses up at signing him and you saying he wouldn't have been a bad signing, I'm saying neither view is wrong atm, but let's just wait because we might find come January when he's not scored all season and Bournemouth have loaned him to Barnsley that idea he'd be a good signing for us seems laughable.

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Well thing is Stead and Ricketts both turned out to be shite after scoring a ton of goal over about 10-15 games and then it tailed off and the dropped down the leagues never to be seen again. I know all this came from people turning their noses up at signing him and you saying he wouldn't have been a bad signing, I'm saying neither view is wrong atm, but let's just wait because we might find come January when he's not scored all season and Bournemouth have loaned him to Barnsley that idea he'd be a good signing for us seems laughable.

Fair play. I didn't even suggest though that we should have signed him when Bouremouth did.. I think that became another assumption. I just don't like it on here when there's a lot of piss taking when a 'smaller club' signs a 'smaller player', so to speak when this was exactly what we did before our recent success. It seems very hypocritical, especially when some of our 'bigger signings' have hardly set the world alight.

What is clear, whether he continues in this form, or drops off, is that Josh King has been an immense signing for Bournemouth. He's scored their goals to keep them in the top flight. 

12 hours ago, Col city fan said:

What this does, finally, mean is that we have a realistic chance of signing Lee Cattermole.. It's been too long..

Not if our management reads the main Sunderland forum:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/rodwell-cattermole-gibson-jones.1357171/

"All injury-prone, all shite"...

Col, what exactly have you been trying to sell us over all these years? You think we'll accept broken goods?

15 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Not if our management reads the main Sunderland forum:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/rodwell-cattermole-gibson-jones.1357171/

"All injury-prone, all shite"...

Col, what exactly have you been trying to sell us over all these years? You think we'll accept broken goods?

Absolutely right now I'm afraid. He's become a sick note. You guys do realize I've been playing the game don't ya?

lol

21 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I remember speaking to a Villa fan this time, last year who thought the Championship would be easy. He even asked what the record points tally was. I'm glad they're struggling. He was a bit of a ****.

Love it when Josh King scores a goal some idiot on TalkSport or online complains about how players like him arent selected for England just because they play for little old Bournemouth. Nothing to do with the fact that he's Norwegian...

We've even had "respected" football managers asking why several-capped Jamaican internationals aren't playing for England. I suppose he could count as a TalkSport regular caller too as he's usually ringing up most shows whilst overseeing incredible survival acts at the same time.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Second post on that thread......

Winning games in the Premier League is a totally different buzz because our natural level should (it isn't be it should be) midtable so it feels like a genuine achievement when we win games in that league.

We will feel a bit like Man Utd fans in the Championship - winning will just be a relief rather than ecstasy. It will never have the same feeling of euphoria because a club of our size shouldn't be there.

That old chestnut,a club our size shouldn't be there. Muppets lol

When did they last finish mid table in the Premier league as well, they're always bouncing around the bottom.

Delusional fans.

Can't believe (well I can actually) that Mourinho is moaning about the Man Utd having more games than Liverpool and calling it an "unfair advantage" lol

Its an advantage, yes, but it's not unfair. Man Utd have extra games because they've been more successful than Liverpool recently. It's tough. If you want to compete for trophies you have to play more games. Man Utd could  have a season like West Ham where they play 40 domestic games and have no European football, but he wouldn't have a job for long.

11 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Can't believe (well I can actually) that Mourinho is moaning about the Man Utd having more games than Liverpool and calling it an "unfair advantage" lol

Its an advantage, yes, but it's not unfair. Man Utd have extra games because they've been more successful than Liverpool recently. It's tough. If you want to compete for trophies you have to play more games. Man Utd could  have a season like West Ham where they play 40 domestic games and have no European football, but he wouldn't have a job for long.

I can't work out whether Mourinho moaning is because he's a moaner....i.e. He's changed in personality and just gripes about everything? Or if there is some underlying tactical reason for his moaning? Like when he pulls his players up publically.. 

Archived