Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

2016/17 Football League Championship

9 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Newcastle have always been a top division side in my recollection more than anything. Given their size and fanbase, it's where they should be - much more than Sunderland, in my opinion.

Of course, the fans' attitude and their sense of entitlement is an entirely different matter.

Now all I'm hoping for is the Wednesday getting promoted via the playoff route. :fc:

They haven't won anything for the past 50 years. Yet their fans still bang on about how big they are.

Wednesday can sod off as well. I'll never forget one of my last days at school when we were relegated to League One and they stayed up. The grief I had that season off them lot. Much prefer Huddersfield to come up. Still think it will be Fulham, they're the best side out of the four play off teams.

I think Newcastle fans are in for a bit of a shock tbh

They don't seem to realise average premiership starters cost about 25-30 million each on average now

They can probably afford 2 maybe 3 players of the calibre they are expecting to sign with this 70 million figure they've been told they'll have to spend

I know they're promoted, I know they're challenging to win the league but how poor are Newcastle.

If I didn't know which team had been promoted/challenging to win the league i'd have to guess it was Cardiff, the game on a whole is poor though.

Guest FriendlyRam

One thing is for sure and that's next season the championship is going to unpredictable lol

I'd like to think we've got a chance if we sort out s*** out. But after what's happened in recent seasons with Brentford, udders and reading making playoffs the season after being in relegation trouble you can't discount clubs like wolves, bris city etc, 1 or 2 decent signings can mean mid table to playoffs as proved by reading and Huddersfield this season.

Sunderland could be another villa, so sh** they find themselves mid table 

2 minutes ago, FriendlyRam said:

One thing is for sure and that's next season the championship is going to unpredictable lol

I'd like to think we've got a chance if we sort out s*** out. But after what's happened in recent seasons with Brentford, udders and reading making playoffs the season after being in relegation trouble you can't discount clubs like wolves, bris city etc, 1 or 2 decent signings can mean mid table to playoffs as proved by reading and Huddersfield this season.

Sunderland could be another villa, so sh** they find themselves mid table 

D'you think Will would like to move to a bigger club ? ......      

36 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Who we wanting to come up via the playoffs then? I wouldn't mind either Wednesday or Fulham. Not a big fan of Reading or Huddersfield.

Fulham, Reading or Huddersfield. 

I don't want Sheffield Wednesday to come up for the sheer fact that they will be threat to us if they establish themselves in the PL. It's bad enough Newcastle are back up. We need small clubs like Reading and Huddersfield to come up. 

50 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Who we wanting to come up via the playoffs then? I wouldn't mind either Wednesday or Fulham. Not a big fan of Reading or Huddersfield.

Wednesday. Failing that Huddersfield. Reading if it absolutely comes down to it. Just not Fulham please.

13 minutes ago, Koke said:

Fulham, Reading or Huddersfield. 

I don't want Sheffield Wednesday to come up for the sheer fact that they will be threat to us if they establish themselves in the PL. It's bad enough Newcastle are back up. We need small clubs like Reading and Huddersfield to come up. 

Fair play. Just can't stand Reading, don't even really know why lol

1 minute ago, Mark_w said:

Wednesday. Failing that Huddersfield. Reading if it absolutely comes down to it. Just not Fulham please.

What you got against Fulham bud, family ties or something? 

42 minutes ago, Worthington said:

Totally agree with you.

Wednesday would be the best supported, which is good for the PL. Fulham are definitely the most entertaining of the four. Don't think either Huddersfield or Reading would do anything other than guarantee one of the bottom three spots in 2018!

Sums it up for me. Although Koke makes a good point about potential threats... I'd just like to see a more 'traditional' premier league club come up!

17 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

What you got against Fulham bud, family ties or something?

Initially yes, plus there's more than enough London teams in the Prem already.

1 hour ago, Mark_w said:

I'm the same but Fulham and Reading are dead last. Wednesday and Huddersfield just seem to have so much more character but Wednesday would edge it for a Sheff away day as well as a decent fanbase as well.

Huddersfield or Fulham.

The former because they were expected to be fighting relegation this season, whilst Fulham I wouldn't mind as they seem entertaining to watch under Jokanovic.

Wednesday would be fine, as the majority of their fans always seem to be respectful of others but least would like Reading to triumph as it's quite a boring place and their style of play always appears somewhat boring at times.

Norwich in talks with Michael O'Neill.

Would be a good job to have, stable club with supportive owners and players that are capable of doing better than this season providing the clubs signs a couple more quality additions.

5 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Norwich in talks with Michael O'Neill.

Would be a good job to have, stable club with supportive owners and players that are capable of doing better than this season providing the club's signs a couple more quality additions.

Norwich need to find consistency. On their day can put 5 or 6 past even the best in the league, but on an off day can be on the end of a hammering themselves. Clearly got the ability to challenge, but they've got to do it more often.

Still think Blackburn will go but it's hilarious that Forest have been dragged right back into it.

As for potential threats... we are a bigger club than Fulham but they do have the London appeal everyone bangs on about.

Archived