Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MCaineFOTT

Trainers

If you're over 24 and spending more than £25 on a pair of trainers you're a lunatic

I probably spend more than £25 on my socks tbh

if you're not spending more than £25 on trainers then you look like you're in poverty

Not sure how someone can be a lunatic for wearing nice trainers. Personally wouldnt be seen dead in any trainers other than adidas originals, but each to their own of course.

Edited by MCaineFOTT
  • Like 3

It might say Munchen on the side but they're not proper Munchens, they're not really that much different to Hamburgs, Spezials etc, just a different colour way.

I have a bit of a collection of Originals and have 2 pairs of Munchens, 4 pairs of Trimm Trabs and numerous others in there, around 20 pairs but I've not counted them for a while, all box fresh and never been worn. ;)

Non from eBay either, mainly JD, Size, Shcuh etc.

It might say Munchen on the side but they're not proper Munchens, they're not really that much different to Hamburgs, Spezials etc, just a different colour way.

I have a bit of a collection of Originals and have 2 pairs of Munchens, 4 pairs of Trimm Trabs and numerous others in there, around 20 pairs but I've not counted them for a while, all box fresh and never been worn. ;)

Non from eBay either, mainly JD, Size, Shcuh etc.

Yeah i wouldnt of bothered if it wasnt for the NG colourway, dont see many being released that colour. Need to get myself some Trimm Trabs, wanted some for a while now. Whats the overall quality like on them? as we know Adidas is very hit and miss.

Edited by MCaineFOTT

Yeah i wouldnt of bothered if it wasnt for the NG colourway, dont see many being released that colour. Need to get myself some Trimm Trabs, wanted some for a while now. Whats the overall quality like on them? as we know Adidas is very hit and miss.

Don't get me wrong they're still smart originals just not the real ones if you understand.

Anyway, this thread just made me go upstairs and dig a few out, a quick count up and in total I have 25 boxed unworn pairs of which 6 are Trimm Trabs, 2 Munchens, 3 Air Force ones, 2 Puma G Vilas (another 80's Classic), then one off superstars, campus, gazelles etc. All dead stock now.

ef605841c11ae68b08866321a2240e3d_zpspfun

These are my Trimm Trabs and one pair of Munchens with my all white G Vilas at the back, you may think I need help but a lot of collectors have well over 100 pairs. So I'm more the norm. ;)

Quality wise as with 30 years ago the soles will perish over time due to the compound but I don't wear any of them, currently wearing a pair of Campus ST skate ones with extra padding around the heel, tongue area.

Trimm Trabs rarely get released and only in one colour way if they do but mine are all from JD, size, which are basically the same company over an 8 or so year period of collecting them.

Edited by promised land
  • Like 1

Don't get me wrong they're still smart originals just not the real ones if you understand.

Anyway, this thread just made me go upstairs and dig a few out, a quick count up and in total I have 25 boxed unworn pairs of which 6 are Trimm Trabs, 2 Munchens, 3 Air Force ones, 2 Puma G Vilas (another 80's Classic), then one off superstars, campus, gazelles etc. All dead stock now.

ef605841c11ae68b08866321a2240e3d_zpspfun

These are my Trimm Trabs and one pair of Munchens with my all white G Vilas at the back, you may think I need help but a lot of collectors have well over 100 pairs. So I'm more the norm. ;)

Quality wise as with 30 years ago the soles will perish over time due to the compound but I don't wear any of them, currently wearing a pair of Campus ST skate ones with extra padding around the heel, tongue area.

Trimm Trabs rarely get released and only in one colour way if they do but mine are all from JD, size, which are basically the same company over an 8 or so year period of collecting them.

Quality collection mate, the red Trimm Trabs / black Trimm Trabs especially.

Quality collection mate, the red Trimm Trabs / black Trimm Trabs especially.

Poppy red they're called, size had them in around 2 1/2 years ago, the black ones are from JD when the one in town was at the clock tower so quite a few years ago, they weren't on the rack, I had to order them in, the manager pulled this huge catalogue out and found them in there and ordered me a pair.

If you look around you do spot them, those sky blue ones were from the adidas site, so they do get released but not very often.

eBay is awash with fakes or original ones but at ridiculous prices.

One day I'll get the lot out and take a picture!

Here's an old pic of the red ones that's a bit better.

e79ecdcc796d67390e4ac3d44a1bc6e1_zps0e6b

Edited by promised land

Poppy red they're called, size had them in around 2 1/2 years ago, the black ones are from JD when the one in town was at the clock tower so quite a few years ago, they weren't on the rack, I had to order them in, the manager pulled this huge catalogue out and found them in there and ordered me a pair.

If you look around you do spot them, those sky blue ones were from the adidas site, so they do get released but not very often.

eBay is awash with fakes or original ones but at ridiculous prices.

One day I'll get the lot out and take a picture!

Here's an old pic of the red ones that's a bit better.

e79ecdcc796d67390e4ac3d44a1bc6e1_zps0e6b

belters. Obviously being deadstock now what do you think they would set me back?

and yeah ebay is ridiculously overprices, if you are not on it already try the real 80s casuals group on facebook, some good prices on there for casual gear. Loads of cheap and rare Adidas.

belters. Obviously being deadstock now what do you think they would set me back?

and yeah ebay is ridiculously overprices, if you are not on it already try the real 80s casuals group on facebook, some good prices on there for casual gear. Loads of cheap and rare Adidas.

No idea on price, I think they were between £70-75 new, the blue ones were more from adidas strangely.

Never been on Facebook,( hard to believe I know,) I used to be signed up to an originals site and superstar db, but as in their name all they want to chat about are soups. So gave up with that as there's more to adidas originals than one type.

No idea on price, I think they were between £70-75 new, the blue ones were more from adidas strangely.

Never been on Facebook,( hard to believe I know,) I used to be signed up to an originals site and superstar db, but as in their name all they want to chat about are soups. So gave up with that as there's more to adidas originals than one type.

Be worth a decent bit more now certainly.

Not a fan of the superstar to be honest, mainly due to the fact every teenage girl alive is wearing them. gone far too mainstream and away from football i find.

Edited by MCaineFOTT

I am normally an Oliver Sweeney/Clarks originals man these days but I purchased a pair of New Balance Trainers to be down with the kids, possibly the worst footwear I have ever owned within 6 weeks of infrequent wear the right shoe is coming apart and the left shoe is constantly farting.  absolute rubbish

I am normally an Oliver Sweeney/Clarks originals man these days but I purchased a pair of New Balance Trainers to be down with the kids, possibly the worst footwear I have ever owned within 6 weeks of infrequent wear the right shoe is coming apart and the left shoe is constantly farting. absolute rubbish

New Balance are normally spot on quality wise, Saucony are a good alternative to New Balance

I haven't worn trainers for years but need some for the summer as I usually do quite a lot of walking on holiday. Just city walking no mountains or anything.

What are the most comfortable trainers I can get? Not really bothered about the price as long as they last for a decent while.