Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FIFA 17

Does anyone play Ultimate Team?

Personally it's the only 'online' competitive game i play nowadays, and have done since it's release a few years back now, would be more than willing to give tips about gameplay, trading etc If anyone is interested.

Looks great this year imo due to the two new features.

6 minutes ago, Grewks said:

Does anyone play Ultimate Team?

Personally it's the only 'online' competitive game i play nowadays, and have done since it's release a few years back now, would be more than willing to give tips about gameplay, trading etc If anyone is interested.

Looks great this year imo due to the two new features.

It's all I play. Needs a hardcore mode where the transfer market is disabled

40 minutes ago, Beliall said:

It's all I play. Needs a hardcore mode where the transfer market is disabled

It's all I play aswell.

I don't necessarily agree about disabling the transfer market though.

At least the two new features should hopefully reward players who are good at the game and put time into it.

2 minutes ago, Grewks said:

It's all I play aswell.

I don't necessarily agree about disabling the transfer market though.

At least the two new features should hopefully reward players who are good at the game and put time into it.

the thing i most hate in ultimate team, is the people who can spend hundereds of pounds on packs before even playing a game, build a team of awesomeness and win all the time. It should be a process, play some games, unlock ome packs, see what you cna build. still have the other mode, call this ranked or something

2 minutes ago, Beliall said:

the thing i most hate in ultimate team, is the people who can spend hundereds of pounds on packs before even playing a game, build a team of awesomeness and win all the time. It should be a process, play some games, unlock ome packs, see what you cna build. still have the other mode, call this ranked or something

For me it's the opposite.

You can build a team for about 20k and it'll have seriously over powered players in it and you can win without really gaining any satisfaction from it because it took 10 minutes to build your team.

When Beckford was at Leicester he was an absolute god. I had him in a front three with Agbonlahor and Darren Bent and they'd just score from anywhere on the pitch.

31 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't think I've ever played Ultimate Team lol 

Career mode or, and mainly, Seasons.

Tend to play a bit of everything really before getting very bored. I can't really play more than the current season on career mode before getting bored but I do tend to play a full season every time I buy the game. Tend to play seasons long enough to get the trophies but I can't stand the scripting so don't tend to play much after that, same with FUT the quirks with that game mode just ruin it. Play Pro Clubs a bit for a laugh with mates but don't take it too seriously. Didn't buy last years so I'm sure the Women's game will off a grand total of  3 hours extra game play and this apparent story mode looks novel.

The whole game needs a bit of a shake up. They have got back to the stage where churning out a similar package ever year, I though the change in engine and new story mode might be enough but by all accounts a lot of the age old FIFA problems are still present. 

45 minutes ago, Beliall said:

43 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

For me it's the opposite.

You can build a team for about 20k and it'll have seriously over powered players in it and you can win without really gaining any satisfaction from it because it took 10 minutes to build your team.

When Beckford was at Leicester he was an absolute god. I had him in a front three with Agbonlahor and Darren Bent and they'd just score from anywhere on the pitch.

For me, i've never experienced the whole 'low rated players play better'.

Of course, good players can use any kind of player and they still play well.

I think i've played around 1000 games this year, averaging around 7/8 wins per loss/draw, winning Division dozens of times, with both high rated gold teams, and silvers.

Balanced teams, custom tactics and player instructions are what make the 'better' players stand out.

11 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Tend to play a bit of everything really before getting very bored. I can't really play more than the current season on career mode before getting bored but I do tend to play a full season every time I buy the game. Tend to play seasons long enough to get the trophies but I can't stand the scripting so don't tend to play much after that, same with FUT the quirks with that game mode just ruin it. Play Pro Clubs a bit for a laugh with mates but don't take it too seriously. Didn't buy last years so I'm sure the Women's game will off a grand total of  3 hours extra game play and this apparent story mode looks novel.

The whole game needs a bit of a shake up. They have got back to the stage where churning out a similar package ever year, I though the change in engine and new story mode might be enough but by all accounts a lot of the age old FIFA problems are still present. 

Yeah forgot about Pro Clubs. Play it for a laugh with mates as you say.

Buying the new one because of the new change in engine. I can't seem to make the leap back to PES after 10 years!

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

I can't remember which you tuber it was but I seen an end of season "what's in my club" video the other day and they said they'd spent around £75'000 on FIFA points!

3 minutes ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

I can't remember which you tuber it was but I seen an end of season "what's in my club" video the other day and they said they'd spent around £75'000 on FIFA points!

Youtubbers like that generally get points free either it be from Sponsors or EA. Just look at Marius HJerpseth(think that is correct) or Spencer FC, Fifa Ralle.

Reading some people post on here you can tell how they play and what team they would use. We have a lot of sweaty kids as the saying goes lol 

7 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Youtubbers like that generally get points free either it be from Sponsors or EA. Just look at Marius HJerpseth(think that is correct) or Spencer FC, Fifa Ralle.

Reading some people post on here you can tell how they play and what team they would use. We have a lot of sweaty kids as the saying goes lol 

I'm as sweaty as they come and I don't really like it.

I get my kicks from winning games. Playing well and knocking the ball about to concede a last minute winner drives me up the wall. I'd rather abuse the game to win, which is shit really.

I wish I was good enough to knock the ball about and get 20+ pass goals but I'm not.

15 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'm as sweaty as they come and I don't really like it.

I get my kicks from winning games. Playing well and knocking the ball about to concede a last minute winner drives me up the wall. I'd rather abuse the game to win, which is shit really.

I wish I was good enough to knock the ball about and get 20+ pass goals but I'm not.

Could tell you was a sweat for the constant asking of Leicester players to be 4 star skill moves etc lol I bet you've had the Morroco side on FUT before haven't you? I also bet you use your trick stick ridicolous ammounts.. have you used South Korea silver side which more or less every card is a 87+ in pace?

I try to play possession based football but if needs be. Generally only play with Leicester.

Tips for keeping the ball, don't hold sprint when passing and try to Sheild too.. you can easily score a goal on fifa without using the sprint button from playing out of defence. 

What console are you on?

http://www.futbin.com/16/squad/909711

Currently 26 (1 draw) undefeated in Div 1 with this....Winning 4 Div 1 titles in a row.

'Balance' is everything in a team. Work-rates are key, and using players that play well for you rather than players which are high rated is key. e.g. Camacho is my favourite player in the whole XI.

Auba is viewed as 'sweaty' by many, and he probably is. But he cost me 0, as with Reus, and I really don't like Auba at all. No 4* skills which is a must for me, and only 3* weak foot. He only plays because the rest of the team is just balanced perfectly.

Using the default Barcelona Custom tactics and their default player instructions, I average around 55% possession and 88%+ passing accuracy. Scoring on average 3+ and conceding less than 1.

37 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Could tell you was a sweat for the constant asking of Leicester players to be 4 star skill moves etc lol I bet you've had the Morroco side on FUT before haven't you? I also bet you use your trick stick ridicolous ammounts.. have you used South Korea silver side which more or less every card is a 87+ in pace?

I try to play possession based football but if needs be. Generally only play with Leicester.

Tips for keeping the ball, don't hold sprint when passing and try to Sheild too.. you can easily score a goal on fifa without using the sprint button from playing out of defence. 

What console are you on?

Not really. I use the odd Ronaldo chop etc but I'm a pace whore. Pass the ball about a bit, watching the minimap for my window of opportunity and bang. Over the top through ball to some willy puller like Remy and it's 1-0 :D

I complained about wanting Mahrez and Knockaert to have 4* because I thought it was realistic.

I'm on Xbone.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Not really. I use the odd Ronaldo chop etc but I'm a pace whore. Pass the ball about a bit, watching the minimap for my window of opportunity and bang. Over the top through ball to some willy puller like Remy and it's 1-0 :D

I complained about wanting Mahrez and Knockaert to have 4* because I thought it was realistic.

I'm on Xbone.

Want a game?

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

What console are you on?

Been there with the South Korea silver team :D I used to love smashing the prem/ la liga elect teams with them... I'm sure a few peoples controllers took a beating from playing against that sweat team 

13 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Been there with the South Korea silver team :D I used to love smashing the prem/ la liga elect teams with them... I'm sure a few peoples controllers took a beating from playing against that sweat team 

Ahh so it's you're fault for me throwing my controller at my front room wall and making a lovely hole in it. 

Any changes with Pro clubs? Only recently started to play it but I find it more fun and less stressful than UT. Would be much better if the Goalie was the AI and more rewards for passing instead of the greedy gits that try and take on the world.

1 hour ago, deejdeej said:

Any changes with Pro clubs? Only recently started to play it but I find it more fun and less stressful than UT. Would be much better if the Goalie was the AI and more rewards for passing instead of the greedy gits that try and take on the world.

I only played two matches on the Pro Clubs BETA, but from what I saw, stamina seems to last longer now, I still had about a quarter of a bar left at the end of a match. Additionally, the traits now I think have changed. From what I saw, the traits or specialties now just increase your stats such as standing tackle or heading accuracy.

Archived