Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FIFA 17

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Yay, I see EA Sports are working their magic on the market again. Wonder what they're up to this time - can't access my Trade Pile ("there are currently no items in this pile").

Bet they're tweaking prices.

They're not doing anything, the servers are just ****ed.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Due to an ongoing investigation, transfers are currently not available on your account, please try again at a later time.

What the ****?

Maybe someone or several individuals have been cheating the system? I've seen an awful lot of new IFs on the market lately (the Hertha Berlin goalkeeper, for instance), wonder how people are able to pack so many of them - unless they have a ridiculous amount of coins and/or money. It's a somewhat dodgy marketplace, anyway.

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Maybe someone or several individuals have been cheating the system? I've seen an awful lot of new IFs on the market lately (the Hertha Berlin goalkeeper, for instance), wonder how people are able to pack so many of them - unless they have a ridiculous amount of coins and/or money. It's a somewhat dodgy marketplace, anyway.

I've spent £15 this year to get my team thats it, never done anything dodgy with fifa.. 

So I've spent a **** ton of money to get my squad to 100% chemistry and I did it and now I couldn't win a raffle...now I realise I should have been saving them bronze and silver players for squad building challenges.....****...how i come back from this?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think of all the stupid cards on FIFA, Giovinco is actually the worst.

Despite Smalling and Musa and a few others who are bobbins in real life.

The fact they've decided some average Italian with a couple of caps who couldn't really cut it at the highest level in Europe has somehow gone to the MLS and turned in to Messi. Just... Wtf.

Is he shagging someone at ea?

30 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think of all the stupid cards on FIFA, Giovinco is actually the worst.

Despite Smalling and Musa and a few others who are bobbins in real life.

The fact they've decided some average Italian with a couple of caps who couldn't really cut it at the highest level in Europe has somehow gone to the MLS and turned in to Messi. Just... Wtf.

Is he shagging someone at ea?

Bet you love it when he's riding his motorbike after out pacing all your defenders and smashing it in the top corner.

2 hours ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

My new trading method is just buying bronze packs, so many of the players are needed in sbcs they nearly all sell, the player fitness cards sell for 200 coins, the team fitness sell for 1200 and the injury cards all sell too.

I gave that a go. Bought the bronze pack for 750 coins and got another bronze pack in it. Sold the squad fitness and a German keeper for a total of 2K just for those two. Made money on a couple healing cards also. Got a bit lucky with the extra pack, but that worked nicely!

6 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I gave that a go. Bought the bronze pack for 750 coins and got another bronze pack in it. Sold the squad fitness and a German keeper for a total of 2K just for those two. Made money on a couple healing cards also. Got a bit lucky with the extra pack, but that worked nicely!

I've just bought one, got a sassuolo lb and a villa rb that sold for 1400 coins each. You won't make profit on every pack but I seem to be making steady progress doing it.

The app for this is balls.

Won't update my coin balance when I'm outbid so I can't actually, yknow, bid again.

Like to buy early in the morning when the market is quiet but I just lost out on two 20k Koulibaly's in a row to the same problem.

Btw @Ashley I was in the process of logging off last night sorry. We'll play at some point mate.

14 hours ago, Walkers said:

I am not touching this dogshit scripted game again.

It is pretty crazy sometimes. I find it a lot when playing pro clubs, one game you're bossing it, and the next every deflection, call, kick, etc helps the other team. Like our computer goalkeeper would punch a weak shot right to one of their players for an open goal. Meanwhile, the other team's computer keeper could be blindfolded and keep all the shots out. 

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

It is pretty crazy sometimes. I find it a lot when playing pro clubs, one game you're bossing it, and the next every deflection, call, kick, etc helps the other team. Like our computer goalkeeper would punch a weak shot right to one of their players for an open goal. Meanwhile, the other team's computer keeper could be blindfolded and keep all the shots out. 

Happens all the time. I consider myself decent enough to beat most people, yet although i'm not THAT good to keep clean sheets every single game, near enough every goal I concede I find myself in a situation where in the lead up to the goal i'm asking why my defender didn't do this or that as I had told him to, Or there player ran in a straight line into 3 of my players yet the ball stuck to their guys feet the entire way. It is so so so obvious when a game is against you. Yet I seem to be a minority of those who notice it? Maybe i'm just too competitive lol It's just very very rarely I get beaten and in them 90mins I had next to no weird/misplaced passes, mysterious referee decisions against me etc.

I won my first 5 games in Div 1 Seasons with Copenhagen who are 3.5 stars. I needed 8pts from 5 games to win, I failed with a game to spare because Red Bull Leipzig are up there with Real Madrid apparently. I can't recall a time I have ever played against a team with a lower star rating than me. Then I wonder how the **** they come up with the star ratings, I think Nice are 3.5 stars (maybe 4 im not sure) but they have a few 80s and manly mid to high 70's in their team. I have a couple of mid-high 70s then the rest average about 72. The comparison to Nice may make more sense if I told you I played them lol and of course got hammered to the point I just rage quit. Can't be ****ed wasting my time playing a match I am destined to lose by the Fifa gods. When I switch matchmaking to strictly the same star rating as my team, I can never find a game. I decided to switch teams to Leicester since I know them better, played 2 games. Dortmund and ****ing Dortmund. Why are we ****ing allowed to play them? Seriously they've got to be 5 stars haven't they? We are 4. I thought you could only play teams who are most .5 star higher/lower than you? Made worse because of whatever this affiliation Dortmund has with this years Fifa/EA. Is Reus (on the cover) even as good as he used to be? Took him 3 minutes to score a free kick straight down the middle, literally just missing Schmeichel's head who didn't so much as bother moving for some reason (EA knows though) I drew the first game 2-2 but again it was just full of my slide tackles kicking the ball back to them, and their slide tackles more or less acting as a pass as the ball constantly roled to a teammates feet. I have always found all players on the cover of Fifa are severly overpowered going back to atleast 2011. Would anybody actually be surprised if there is a setting that.. I don't even know what you'd call it, the "luckometer lol" in any game that Dortmund are involved in swings atleast 60-40 in their favour? I'd play with a 2 star team but then I'd struggle to find games and 3.5 stars already feels like playing with Sunday League players.

I can deal with pro clubs because its usually much more of a laugh with my team especially with me and another player average a red card every 5 or 6 games (and we've played over 300...) it usually turns into a contest over which one of us can break a players leg the best, or make the ugliest looking pro) I find it easier to take because atleast you're sharing the frustration of scripting with other people lol

Thing is, the physics engine is just largely shit and that stuff happens both ways but when it happens against you you get incredulous and when it happens in your favour you barely notice it.

And because there's this huge community wide myth about FIFA being scripted and fake, it's the first thing that pops in to your mind when something happens against you.

Generally, you watch most of those goals back as a neutral, I'm sure you'd say okay, I could have done this or this differently.

I score loads of goals where I think, haha, that guy can't defend for shit, his defenders are all over the place.

Yet I concede loads of goals where I think, omfg, it gave me control of the wrong guy or omfg, why did that defender step out.

See what I mean?

We basically just end up blaming the computer for what we concede but not what we score. When you start accepting it's really cheap, shit, badly programmed software BOTH ways you can appreciate there's way less scripting in this game than people claim and that skill DOES matter.

It's just there's a lot of "EAIDS" for both players. Some games it happens more to you. Sometimes more FOR you.

I personally don't think the developers at ea are actually good enough to make a scripting engine as elaborate as the conspiracy theorists think they have. The game is just very cheap.

Archived