Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LcFc_Smiv

Non-League Football 2016/17

21 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Kettering have announced plans for a new 6,500 capacity ground.

http://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/our-region/northamptonshire/kettering/poppies-unveil-plans-for-new-stadium-1-7510292

Ambitious, but shame they're not looking to move back into the town itself.

The reformed Rushden and Diamonds are scratching around for a new ground too. 

On 8/2/2016 at 21:33, Cardiff_Fox said:

Likely. 

Coalville will be alright in that division too. 

Loughborough to struggle.

Shepshed and St Andrews to have reasonable seasons in a tough league. Hinckley in the division below I would have down to walk it but they are up against Bromsgrove who've assembled a side capable of playing divisions above (they pull in crowds between 300 and 600). 

Leicester Nirvana have lost staff and players, so can't see them doing well. Kirby muxloe finish top six. 

Coalville will be fine I think they will do well.

Lough Dynamo got done 5-0 by Dunkirk who got put in the EMCL, I really think a team in Loughborough should be in and around conference north/south! They've never recovered since the person pretended to be the owner and ended up paying nothing.

I always look out for Gresley's results, since they played in EMCL they will do well with Leics Nirvana's manager and players.

St Andrews and Shepshed will do ok first half of the month, don't have a Reserve team to fall back on so will end up dropping off.

On 8/2/2016 at 09:19, srevell580 said:

I went to Grantham, Boston, Peterborough and Crewe and I've got to say the Cowley's have got the team playing well. A few silly defensive errors but I'm hoping they will iron that sort of thing out as they go along. Will be interesting to see what Jonathan Margetts can do up top....he was great those first couple of games but looks like he may have a slight knock. Should be ready for the season opener at Woking.

They look good, Rhead caused us some real problems up top and was a constant threat, scored some crackers. Impressed by Cowley, he was running with his players who needed to do their conditioning after the game, sets the standard as a manager that. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 09:19, srevell580 said:

I went to Grantham, Boston, Peterborough and Crewe and I've got to say the Cowley's have got the team playing well. A few silly defensive errors but I'm hoping they will iron that sort of thing out as they go along. Will be interesting to see what Jonathan Margetts can do up top....he was great those first couple of games but looks like he may have a slight knock. Should be ready for the season opener at Woking.

Margetts scored all 4 goals for Lincoln yesterday. Lincoln played well but Southport were awful

• 2 weeks later...

A draw for us at home to Brackley today, we played Salford away at the weekend and lost 3-2, some soft goals being conceded. First season being around non-league football and it makes me think I should have come to watch it earlier on.

3 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Richie Wellens signed for Salford City. 

How are Salford getting on?

There was a documentary about their progress this week but wasn't free to watch it.

Wellens will be fine there. Played in all 3 football leagues.

51 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

How are Salford getting on?

There was a documentary about their progress this week but wasn't free to watch it.

Wellens will be fine there. Played in all 3 football leagues.

Doing well, unbeaten, joint top with the other boom or bust club AFC Fylde.

Off to Hinckley for the first time this season shortly. At home versus Pershore. Somebody up thread had them to walk the league; they won't, unfortunately. Solid top five side at this level but no more for now. Bromsgrove and Leicester Road are stronger, Nuneaton Griff are a decent outfit too.

That said, the lack of an FA Cup run may be helpful this season. 

22 hours ago, LJS said:

Off to Hinckley for the first time this season shortly. At home versus Pershore. Somebody up thread had them to walk the league; they won't, unfortunately. Solid top five side at this level but no more for now. Bromsgrove and Leicester Road are stronger, Nuneaton Griff are a decent outfit too.

That said, the lack of an FA Cup run may be helpful this season. 

Bromsgrove will easy win that league. Got the pick of the players in South Birmingham 

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Bromsgrove will easy win that league. Got the pick of the players in South Birmingham 

They ought to be favourites and I reckon they'll do it this season, but the same could have been said the previous two seasons as well. They've flattered to deceive a bit. 

• 4 weeks later...

Went Gresley 3 Market Drayton 2 yesterday. A great game and if anyone says non league is hoofball they ought have watched this.

Drayton's keeper was absolutely outstanding, never seen as good as a goalkeeping prospect as him. He's had trials at six pro clubs including Leicester. Be a huge shame if he didn't get a pro club sooner or later. You'd think someone like Shrewsbury would pick up a player like that given the lack of teams in Shropshire region.

Archived