Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LcFc_Smiv

Non-League Football 2016/17

On 10/2/2016 at 21:41, Cardiff_Fox said:

Went Gresley 3 Market Drayton 2 yesterday. A great game and if anyone says non league is hoofball they ought have watched this.

Drayton's keeper was absolutely outstanding, never seen as good as a goalkeeping prospect as him. He's had trials at six pro clubs including Leicester. Be a huge shame if he didn't get a pro club sooner or later. You'd think someone like Shrewsbury would pick up a player like that given the lack of teams in Shropshire region.

What were Gresley like? A lot of leicestershire footballers there now

17 minutes ago, Tevez said:

What were Gresley like? A lot of leicestershire footballers there now

By far the better team and quality on the ball but try to walk the ball in. They should have been 5-0 up in the first twenty minutes and that's no exaggeration. They play 3-5-2 which leaves them open to leaking goals though. 

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 19:09, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Eastleigh on a nice little run, ALL SPITFIRES ARENT WE

I went to Eastleigh away last season with Lincoln. Crap ground and crap fans, who swap ends at half time.

I went to Lincoln vs Braintree on Saturday. Think Braintree will struggle to stay up, looked very poor.

A good weekend for Gainsborough, 0-2 down and came back to win 3-2 at home against Tamworth. Decent game that had everything minus a red card. Up to 13th now, 5pts off of 12th and a tough trip to Darlington away next week.

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

As it stands, Forest Green Rovers will be 12 clear at top - currently 1-0 against Lincoln.

Am for all pitches to be organically-produced looking at the one at The New Lawn. Quality-looking.

spoke to soon. What a comeback by Lincoln :)

Fylde are a quality side, we played them a few months back. New ground with facilities that are outrageous at this level. Their pitch was one of the best I've seen away from the King Power, they had the decency to leave a fully stocked fridge of drinks in the away changing room and post game meal was provided in what almost felt like an Italian style restaurant part of their sports bar attached to the main stand. I believe they have a project to obtain football league status by 2022 which won't be too far off the way they are playing this season, I believe Danny Rowe has nearly broken the 30 goal mark already.

1 hour ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Fylde are a quality side, we played them a few months back. New ground with facilities that are outrageous at this level. Their pitch was one of the best I've seen away from the King Power, they had the decency to leave a fully stocked fridge of drinks in the away changing room and post game meal was provided in what almost felt like an Italian style restaurant part of their sports bar attached to the main stand. I believe they have a project to obtain football league status by 2022 which won't be too far off the way they are playing this season, I believe Danny Rowe has nearly broken the 30 goal mark already.

Rich mans play thing, lets hope for their sake he doesn't get bored.

53 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Rich mans play thing, lets hope for their sake he doesn't get bored.

That is always the downside to it, although the majority of owners at this standard seem to be genuine and put the clubs best interests at heart.

1 minute ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

That is always the downside to it, although the majority of owners at this standard seem to be genuine and put the clubs best interests at heart.

Do you think they are benefitting (attendance wise) from the crisis at Blackpool?

On 19/11/2016 at 17:45, peterborofox said:

Boston are wank

Boro having a bad season too, gone from promotion fight last season to a relegation fight this season. Finally sacked the manager Kevin Wilson on Friday, but the board have a made a stupid decision by appointing somebody within, they gave the job to Tommy Wright previously managed Corby and had run of 18 games with just one win! Straight away his first game we lose 0-3 to FCUM. The club's heading for two relegation's in three seasons.  

Pleased to see Lincoln second. Hopefully they finally get promoted back into the football league this year. Still can't see past Forest Green though -although I said the same thing this time last season.

6 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Just googled Flyde, they are managed by Dave Chanilor the former Tranmere defender who had the huge throw. 

Also Tom Kennedy who played for us only 4 years ago is also there.

8 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Do you think they are benefitting (attendance wise) from the crisis at Blackpool?

Wouldn't be surprised, got to be worth a watch in that region.

4 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Just googled Flyde, they are managed by Dave Chanilor the former Tranmere defender who had the huge throw. 

Also Tom Kennedy who played for us only 4 years ago is also there.

Couldn't believe Kennedy was playing for them, big drop down the leagues.

It's the case with many non-league clubs at the moment. Makes it hard for clubs like ourselves to compete with them at this level, there is definitely a gulf in finances. For some league players (we're talking a minority) the opportunity to help a non league team reach the football league seems to be a more exciting challenge.

Archived