Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LcFc_Smiv

Non-League Football 2016/17

On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 23:04, Watson said:

York are ****ed. They won't survive if they go down again. They're struggling as it is. 

Lincoln took 1100 fans to York last night. Another good win. Closing the gap on Forest Green

Hinckley are keeping it steady this year, fourth and four points off top this year with a decent draw against Quorn at home in the Vase. They've been building up steadily this season, beat Lichfield who are up there with them 4-0 this weekend and that's seven wins from eight league games.

On 11/21/2016 at 13:10, purpleronnie said:

Do you think they are benefitting (attendance wise) from the crisis at Blackpool?

Definitely, as are Fleetwood. Three league clubs on the Fylde Coast wouldn't be sustainable (especially as Preston draw a fair amount of support from the towns and villages Fylde claim to respresent too), but the Oystons are certainly giving the other two a fighting chance of keeping their projects going for the time being.

21 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

Hinckley are keeping it steady this year, fourth and four points off top this year with a decent draw against Quorn at home in the Vase. They've been building up steadily this season, beat Lichfield who are up there with them 4-0 this weekend and that's seven wins from eight league games.

Got a handy result in the week when Leicester Rd lost and Bromsgrove drew on Saturday. It's gone be tight that division. Getting knocked out of the Vase might not be a bad thing. 

26 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Got a handy result in the week when Leicester Rd lost and Bromsgrove drew on Saturday. It's gone be tight that division. Getting knocked out of the Vase might not be a bad thing. 

I think Leicester Road and Hinckley will go up out of that league.

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Definitely going to be tight no question about that. The FA Vase is interesting though, like I said Quorn at home is a good draw and I feel this team could give the Vase a good go and compete in the league. They've got an absolutely debilitating attack but the defence is somewhat sloppy. Come Boxing Day and the AFC v LR game it'll be a lot clearer, I think there's something of legitimacy struggle between the two clubs and as one club can up (I think?) it'll certainly be interesting if they're both in and around the top come the 26th.

What I love the most about being a non league fan is the occassional jaw dropping signing that goes completely under the rader, I find out today that Izale McLeod has signed for Corby Town.

And doesn't he look delighted!

CyDzFC5WQAErEWn.jpg

5 hours ago, Tuna said:

What I love the most about being a non league fan is the occassional jaw dropping signing that goes completely under the rader, I find out today that Izale McLeod has signed for Corby Town.

And doesn't he look delighted!

CyDzFC5WQAErEWn.jpg

9 Years ago we bid around a million pound for him.

4 hours ago, isaidno said:

had to google who Lincoln have got in the FA Trophy because I've never heard of them. Shaw lane Association :)

Shaw Lane AFC.

Formely known as Shaw Lane Aquaforce which sounded too much like a local rowing club. Efforts to rename as Barnsley Town were rejected by the FA hence dropping the Aquaforce to become AFC (IIRC they needed to change the name due to sponsorship rules).

On 11/24/2016 at 13:59, purpleronnie said:

I'd be surprised if Bromsgrove didn't win the league.

Was definitely the popular opinion preseason but it's still very tight up to this point, I think the New Year after the Leicester Road - Hinckley match will give us a good picture of how the League will shape up in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, isaidno said:

Why would you leave a football league team out of the play offs on goal difference , to go to a national league side ?

It's an odd one.  It's not like he has a history of leaving Barnet at the first opportunity.

On 30/11/2016 at 19:41, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Ronnie Moore leaves Eastleigh due to 'personal circumstances.'

Probably didn't realize how far away Hampshire is from The Wirral!

Archived