Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LcFc_Smiv

Non-League Football 2016/17

Well I think this proves you should never give up after watching (enduring) 89 minutes of Lincoln playing fairly woefully and never really getting going a penalty from nowhere for a daft handbull in the 89th minute is put away by big man Rhead.

They must have been delighted with a priceless point but oh no, the ball is pumped forward, Rhead flicks it on and it's volleyed home by Arnold 2 minutes into stoppage time and the Imps win 2-1 - amazing scenes at the end.

Tranmere came from behind to win as well - 2-1 at Guiseley who boast former fox James Wesolowski in their ranks, but in the end it didn't really matter Lincoln did what they had to and they are now just 2 points from the title and a return to the football league for the first time since 2011.

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Lincoln won. Pleased for them.

North Ferriby gone back down though sadly.

They've done brilliantly with a bottom half National League North budget.

6 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Who are the highest ranking non-league clubs in Leicestershire or the surrounding area? I know Coalville are in the Evo-Stik, Nuneaton/Alfreton are conf north. I'm potentially moving back to Leicestershire for work and looking at other opportunities at a club to provide some basic sport science/ strength and conditioning support. 

Believe Barwell are up there amongst the highest in the county.

6 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Who are the highest ranking non-league clubs in Leicestershire or the surrounding area? I know Coalville are in the Evo-Stik, Nuneaton/Alfreton are conf north. I'm potentially moving back to Leicestershire for work and looking at other opportunities at a club to provide some basic sport science/ strength and conditioning support. 

Barwell and Coalville play at the highest level out of the teams in Leicestershire, both in the Evo Stik Premier and both are mid table ish so will be at that level again next season. 

19 hours ago, baker11 said:

Believe Barwell are up there amongst the highest in the county.

19 hours ago, leicesterisme said:

Barwell and Coalville play at the highest level out of the teams in Leicestershire, both in the Evo Stik Premier and both are mid table ish so will be at that level again next season. 

Cheers lads appreciate that!

4 hours ago, isaidno said:

The Missus is driving me mad this morning , singing Lincoln songs already . Early goal today please , can't take anymore of this last minute winner stuff. 

Should be very happy as it stands now then Lincoln 2-1 up with around 6 minutes left to play 

Absolutey delighted for Lincoln City, they've had some dark moments in the last 6 years. Should never have gone down from the league in the first place, but what an amazing season.

The town and the supporters deserve a league club and I reckon they'll be there or thereabouts next season.

York City enter the final weekend of the national league season in the bottom 4, they'll need to beat Forest Green on the final day to have a realistic chance of staying up.

I'd expect Forest Green to rest some players ahead of the play-offs. Hope Gary Mills can pull it off but it's quite appalling to see how the football club has ended up in this position having come out of the Football League.

If York finish in the top relegation spot, they'll be reprieved if Leyton Orient go bust.

AFC Fylde are in the conference next season having win the national league north.

I remember a lot of traditional northern premier league team fans laughing at their '2022' aim of being a football league club. May well become a reality the way it's going, they'll be going full-time next season.

Must be strange being a Blackpool fan seeing your team decline and 2 tiny non league clubs locally rise up through the leagues and in Fleetwood's case surpass them.

On 22/04/2017 at 22:23, Tuna said:

AFC Fylde are in the conference next season having win the national league north.

I remember a lot of traditional northern premier league team fans laughing at their '2022' aim of being a football league club. May well become a reality the way it's going, they'll be going full-time next season.

Must be strange being a Blackpool fan seeing your team decline and 2 tiny non league clubs locally rise up through the leagues and in Fleetwood's case surpass them.

Well you only have to look at the attendances in recent years for both Fylde and Fleetwood only a few years ago both teams were watched by one man and his dog now for example Fylde are getting gates of 1500 clearly a lot of angry Blackpool fans choosing to watch them instead, as they like look showing more ambition than there own club. Fleetwood on the other hand could be just two years away from the premier league. 

On ‎22‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 22:23, Tuna said:

Not sure too many were laughing given they were being bankrolled, it would be a disaster financially if they weren't in the league by then, with bigger gates needed too.

Archived