Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LcFc_Smiv

Non-League Football 2016/17

9 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Hope Torquay stay up this weekend. Always had a soft spot for them, because I liked their kit as a kid and the place is nice and they always seem to get the worst luck.

Me too , they were unlucky against Lincoln. They should do it, North Feriby at home.

I see the hipsters favourites Dulwich Hamlet made the play off finals again.  4 play off's in 6 seasons, losing them all, 3 times in the final.

They'll play Bognor in the final, a team they have played 3 times in the play offs.

Over 2500 saw them beat Enfield in the semi final.

Never seen a reaction like it- just nothing. No booing, no anger, no people being aggressive, just complete silence. You wouldn't have known the game had ended until the managers shook hands.

And they've got the Trophy final in a few weeks so can't get away from it all yet.

4 hours ago, Corky said:

Never seen a reaction like it- just nothing. No booing, no anger, no people being aggressive, just complete silence. You wouldn't have known the game had ended until the managers shook hands.

And they've got the Trophy final in a few weeks so can't get away from it all yet.

I went today and it was so ****ing weird. The final whistle blew and you could hear a pin drop. I've never seen anything like it. I think the everybody was just in shock. It's absolutely terrible for the club. They were in the League 2 playoffs 2 years ago ffs.

Could be the end of the club imo. Already having trouble with the stadium cost. No idea what will happen. It felt like the club died today.

8 hours ago, Corky said:

So which of North Ferriby, Southport or York will go into the Conference South? Or will someone be moved across?

Gloucester and Brackley will go into the conf. south.

So, 2 years ago Spennymoor were playing in the northern league which is the 8th tier, and York were in the football league.

They're playing each other in the conference north next season.

Just one more thing on York City...don't be 100% they'll be relegated...they'll be reprieved if  Leyton Orient go bust.

There's also the matter of teams being chucked out of the conference long after the season has ended for going into admin or ground related issues, Salisbury, Hereford and Halifax being examples in recent years.

35 minutes ago, isaidno said:

potentially Kidderminster, Halifax, Darlington, Stockport, York and Southport in national league north next season. All ex league teams.

Bradford Park Avenue & Gainsborough Trinity as well :)

Gainsborough Trinity stayed up in the conf. north on 36  points ....they would have finished 2nd bottom 10 points adrift in last seasons table.

Lowestoft went down on 46 last season...they would have finished 16th this season, 10 points and 3 teams above bottom 3. 

Its going to be tough to get out of the conference North next season, not just big names but also alot of clubs down there with big budgets. Difficult year for the Boro next year I feel, got to spent money over the summer to stand any chance. York, Darlington, Kidderminster, FC United, Salford City, Boston, Tamworth, Chorley, Brackley, Southport all likely to be challenging for promotion... of course depends who gets promoted via the play offs. 

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:16, purpleronnie said:

I see the hipsters favourites Dulwich Hamlet made the play off finals again.  4 play off's in 6 seasons, losing them all, 3 times in the final.

They'll play Bognor in the final, a team they have played 3 times in the play offs.

Over 2500 saw them beat Enfield in the semi final.

Well they choked again, Bognor go through to the Conference south.

If you count their 2001 playoff defeat (after league restructuring) they've lost 6 out of 6 play offs.

Archived