Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Okazaki = Class

On the train back from Huddersfield last week a young Japanese lad sat down and asked if the train was going to Wakefield, turns out he had flown over all the way from Tokyo to see kagawa play for Dortmund at Wembley and then travel to see Okazaki play for Leicester in the Saturday before flying home last Sunday. Now that is commitment or crazy one of the two.

for me he changed that game by giving Mooy no time on the ball and he changed the game on Tuesday.

simply has to start for me his work rate and closing down is vital to the way we play add to that the fact he has started to score a few as well he should be one of the first names on the team sheet for me 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Just had a quick glance at this thread ...   Are we saying he's great today or a bag of sh1te ? ...    Just wondered so I can join in with some cyber clapping or booing ...

He's a great bag of sh1te. 

Joke aside I'm wondering what we'l get for reactions. Bad miss aside he wasn't that bad. The game's on the manager anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He's had an absolutely cracking start to the season and you can really tell how much we miss him when he's not in the side.

Think he could easily end up scoring double figures too. The goalscoring of his Mainz days appears to be back.

I think he will hit the 10 goal mark, at least. I could see 12-13 when it is all said and done.

Screen Shot 2017-10-21 at 12.35.58 PM.png

On 22/09/2017 at 16:47, Filberts lovechild said:

Sat next to someone late last season & whole game he was just slating Okazaki for tumbling over a lot. Definitely a legend in my view, so much energy, his touches in matches don't often do justice to his overall play. 

Totally agree with you, most underrated player in the squad, I think he is class

No one in our squad can turn as well as he does when the ball is played to him with his back to goal. He lacks in some areas but as a no.10 in the system we seem insistent on playing, there is no one better.

I'd still like to move to a system where we can get two genuine goal scorers on the pitch, but even if we do, he will still be an important player to have available. Great game today! 

Take a bow you samurai!!! He's going to grab that Golden Boot and make Harry Kane cry

The usual high-spirited Shinji performance topped off with a nice key pass to Mahrez which led to the first goal and the typical less-than-beautiful 'okazakian' goal lol

It constantly worries me how we start suffer defensively when he goes off :/ Why so many of our players are so hesitant to close the opposition down, it's beyond me... They don't even try

The Shinji emoji's are missing!!!! First and foremost Foxes Talk needs to get that sorted out, otherwise the owners will give you the boot like they did Shakespeare! :ph34r:

As for Okazaki, right now he is the man! 5 goals in 9 games, that is prolific and if he hadn't wasted a golden opportunity against Bournemouth... he could have had more! His effect on the team simply cannot be underestimated, his work rate, linking the play, his tackles and now his goals are invaluable to us. There was a moment in the first half where to support Iborra he sprinted back twenty yards and put in a fabulous sliding challenge. He is without doubt our most improved player by miles. Some of the interchange between Vardy, Mahrez and he was back to it's best today. His attitude is simply first class in every respect.

Well done Shinji, you've been great, long may it continue. :clap:

Thought he was fantastic today. The problem with him is that every few games he has an absolute shocker and spends the majority of it on his face. 

We also badly need to find a way of getting nacho in the side. 

It has taken a long time for the penny to drop for me I'm ashamed to admit.  

I have been a long time critic based on stats and the amount of time he spends horizontally.  I can now see his value to the team since we have tried to replace him.  It's been said before but we are simply better with him in the side and not just because he has now added goals to his game.  

I admit it.  I am a buffoon.  

Archived