Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Gaelic Athletics Association - Irish Sport

Average enough game but great excitement and drama for a finish. This could have been the cruelest loss of all for Mayo had Dublin won.

They could have won it.To their credit they fought back when all seemed lost. Dublin can count themselves lucky.Anyone other than Mayo and they were gone today.

Could we get Claudio over to talk to Mayo?

Edited by Blue ROI

1 hour ago, Blue ROI said:

Average enough game but great excitement and drama for a finish. This could have been the cruelest loss of all for Mayo had Dublin won.

They could have won it.To their credit they fought back when all seemed lost. Dublin can count themselves lucky.Anyone other than Mayo and they were gone today.

Could we get Claudio over to talk to Mayo?

Better off getting the pope to say prayers 

Dublin will be in fire next day 

Thrilling match, Mayo so unlucky with the two OG'S.  My brother-in-law was right behind the goal for Cillian O'Connor's last gasp equaliser, he had two dubs either side of him, so very sweet. Now he's got to start begging for a ticket for the replay....

Up Mayo !!

• Like 1

On 18 September 2016 at 21:58, Mayofox said:

Thrilling match, Mayo so unlucky with the two OG'S.  My brother-in-law was right behind the goal for Cillian O'Connor's last gasp equaliser, he had two dubs either side of him, so very sweet. Now he's got to start begging for a ticket for the replay....

Up Mayo !!

I had to get 6 tickets here in Uk for my mayo friends ...tickets will be mental again next week 

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Just caught up with it all this morning, loved it.

Need to get myself on that Croke terrace at some point. Is it easy to get tickets depending on the game, and would I be likely to get any grief for being English on there?

Hill 16 it's called 

and 100% NOT a bit if grief for being English I took a huge group of English lads to croke park in 2002 

they had a great buzz my team won and we had a mighty night 

you will get a warm welcome 

I recomend going to a hurling semi final easy to get tickets and you'll see a cracking game 

if it's football you want to see any game apart from Dublin playing and the final you will be ok to get a ticket on line 

if you need help PM me I'll sort it for you 

Just now, GaelicFox said:

Hill 16 it's called 

and 100% NOT a bit if grief for being English I took a huge group of English lads to croke park in 2002 

they had a great buzz my team won and we had a mighty night 

you will get a warm welcome 

I recomend going to a hurling semi final easy to get tickets and you'll see a cracking game 

if it's football you want to see any game apart from Dublin playing and the final you will be ok to get a ticket on line 

if you need help PM me I'll sort it for you 

Thanks for the advice, happy to see either to be honest though I'm more into the football as it's more like our version. Might have to be one to save for a season when I'm not going into debt following Leicester in Europe mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Thanks for the advice, happy to see either to be honest though I'm more into the football as it's more like our version. Might have to be one to save for a season when I'm not going into debt following Leicester in Europe mind.

I can tell you for what I paid for Copenhagen for one night I could do Dublin for 5 nights 

our trips are scary expensive for short stays 

copenhagen is costing me and my friend almost 900 between us without a beer drank in that ! For one Fecking night 

madness 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just had my mum round for lunch, she's just turned 89 and born in Bohola, near Swinford, county Mayo. 

We've watched the last few years near misses and she's is really hoping Mayo can finally win it. The last couple of finals have been heart breaking for her. 

She is immensely proud of her heritage and desperate for an all Ireland win before she pops her clogs. 

Still thinking about it today. 

She has all the Mayo flags and scarves etc hung up in the house when matched are on, but funnily enough I had to order them from America as Ireland have a poor selection of merchandise. 

MUST WIN IT NEXT YEAR! 

11 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Just had my mum round for lunch, she's just turned 89 and born in Bohola, near Swinford, county Mayo. 

We've watched the last few years near misses and she's is really hoping Mayo can finally win it. The last couple of finals have been heart breaking for her. 

She is immensely proud of her heritage and desperate for an all Ireland win before she pops her clogs. 

She has all the Mayo flags and scarves etc hung up in the house when matched are on, but funnily enough I had to order them from America as Ireland have a poor selection of merchandise. 

MUST WIN IT NEXT YEAR! 

As a Limerick man I can relate to the agony.

Did she get to witness 1950 and/or 1951?

No Blue, she was working in England by then, came over in 47/48 to work as a nurse in London. She never really talks about the past in all honesty. I know she would have been aware, but being in her early 20's probably took it for granted. It's often only when you get older that you realise what an achievement it was. Bit like last season for the City. Now some younger fans are bitching about a few losses. Having watched Leicester since 63 it's like a bit of normality back! 

Anyway, back to the thread, my sons have all got Maigh Eo tops which they wear for important games, although obviously don't have the feelings she has when the team loses. However losing 18-17 for the second time in recent years, even they were really gutted. 

13 hours ago, BoyJones said:

MUST WIN IT NEXT YEAR! 

Lots of good mayo people in Leicester , the Dohertys etc... When I first came to Leicester the walsh family in the swan and rushes looked after me well they were from Kildare but had a gang of mayo lads working for them on the roads , Swinford is a lovely place , been a few times have friends in Kiltimagh , have a look on YouTube at the comedy "hardy bucks" it's all filmed in Swinford 

I hope to god they win it next year 

• 2 months later...
On 16/10/2016 at 22:58, BoyJones said:

MUST WIN IT NEXT YEAR! 

An article that appeared in the Irish national media last Saturday.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/holmesconnelly-on-mayo-revolt-aidan-osheas-selection-email-seamus-lobbying-for-hennelly-and-clashes-over-mass-times-35301012.html

Mayo's management for 2015 stepped down after a vote of no confidence from the Mayo squad. After 14 months of silence they gave their own version of events at the weekend.

Edited by Blue ROI

6 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

An article that appeared in the Irish national media last Saturday.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/holmesconnelly-on-mayo-revolt-aidan-osheas-selection-email-seamus-lobbying-for-hennelly-and-clashes-over-mass-times-35301012.html

Mayo's management for 2015 stepped down after a vote of no confidence from the Mayo squad. After 14 months of silence they gave their own version of events at the weekend.

Players looks like a bunch of tools right now 

and reading between the lines they have Clarke the keeper dropped for 2nd game and that's cost them the all ireland 

karma I believe they call that 

I'm not knowledgeable enough to take sides on this but it doesn't look great for both parties on some aspects. 

O Shea wouldn't be my favourite footballer but calling out the previous manager who they played with was a bit unwarranted. You'd have to question the goalkeeper decision. Surely no player going into an all Ireland final can call the shots on that so to speak. 

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

0-12 to 0-10.Slaughtneil into the All Ireland final.

They could also make the hurling final yet and their Ladies hurling team have also reached the All ireland final.

Considering they are drawing from a population of supposedly 1,500 it's a phenomenal story.

I have Ballyea backed to win the hurling at 16-1 ! 

Don't give them any chance against Thurles in November but they showed them up in a big way. 

I was down in Blackpool cork before the Munster final against Glen rovers. Was great colour and excitement around but Glen's  fitness in the final was shocking. Tony Kelly was imperious too the same day. 

Gary Brennan is some operator. Played for ballyea last Saturday and then played for Clare footballers on the Sunday up in Derry. Was mentor to St flannans secondary schools football team before the hurling and all. 

Did you get the odds before Thurles game?

Off to watch our football team play Westmeath today. Up against it. Hurlers playing davy fitz' wexford away too. 

Edited by Blue ROI

3 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Don't give them any chance against Thurles in November but they showed them up in a big way. 

I was down in Blackpool cork before the Munster final against Glen rovers. Was great colour and excitement around but Glen's  fitness in the final was shocking. Tony Kelly was imperious too the same day. 

Gary Brennan is some operator. Played for ballyea last Saturday and then played for Clare footballers on the Sunday up in Derry. Was mentor to St flannans secondary schools football team before the hurling and all. 

Did you get the odds before Thurles game?

Off to watch our football team play Westmeath today. Up against it. Hurlers playing davy fitz' wexford away too. 

Those were the odds after they won the clare championship