Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Gaelic Athletics Association - Irish Sport

27 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Galway cork final 

Its hard to know. Both those two are the form sides but once the provincial finals are over it starts to get fairly intense. The record of Munster winners in the semis is not great. Believe me I know!!

Some crowd of Waterford/Wexford fans out in Cork last night. Met Dalo in Larrys and Tompkins was also there. Dalo was approached by a lot of people all night. Seemed a very sound skin. Rare for a Spurs fan!

Met some of the Cork footballers out after. Shattered after it but they gave some display in fairness. Their support is truly diabolical.

New Cork stadium is meant to be top notch.Banter between the Cork Waterford fans was class. Everywhere you turned it was non stop Football/Hurling talk.We don't realize at times how good we have it.

• 2 weeks later...

Galway into the All Ireland Hurling final. A 1 point win over defending champions Tipperary.

Last 15 minutes were highly exciting and was a great score from Galway to win it almost right at the end but would need to improve the next day.

They will play Cork or Waterford. 2 of their bogey teams and they dont have a great record in finals themselves.

Football semi finals almost decided.

Kerry won their quarter final last Sunday against Galway and will play the winners of Mayo and Roscommon who drew and that replay is on tomorrow.

Last night Tyrone beat Armagh and Dublin beat Monaghan so will play each other in 3 weeks time.

After a very decent football championship the last 2 double headers have been a major letdown in truth.Dublin are up there as one of the great teams in history but Monaghan have less than 1/30th of their population so always likely to be one sided. Armagh made it to the q-f but they are by no means in the top 8 sides in the game.

Instead of 8 teams playing q-finals in knockout the sytem changes to a group stage next season. Badly needed as the q-finals has gone completely stale in the last 5 years.

On 24/7/2017 at 20:29, Blue ROI said:

Its hard to know. Both those two are the form sides but once the provincial finals are over it starts to get fairly intense. The record of Munster winners in the semis is not great. Believe me I know!!

Some crowd of Waterford/Wexford fans out in Cork last night. Met Dalo in Larrys and Tompkins was also there. Dalo was approached by a lot of people all night. Seemed a very sound skin. Rare for a Spurs fan!

Met some of the Cork footballers out after. Shattered after it but they gave some display in fairness. Their support is truly diabolical.

New Cork stadium is meant to be top notch.Banter between the Cork Waterford fans was class. Everywhere you turned it was non stop Football/Hurling talk.We don't realize at times how good we have it.

First post on this thread ....just wondering if Dalo that you mention above is Anthony Daly ....Had a great couple of hours with him in the Harry  Ramsdens in Heathrow airport on the way home from the 1999 Worthington Cup Final which unfortunately we lost one nil to Spuds... I was in there with a dozen or so Leicester fans when Daly and half dozen Limerick based Spurs fans came in....None of us were sober but Daly was totally out of it but we had great banter with him and his friends before heading to our respective flights...As you say a top bloke for a Spurs fan...??

• Like 1

Anthony is someone I know well , he is a sound guy ... loves sport all sport 

Galway and Tipp was thrilling but shocking hurling 

the standard of hurling this year is very poor 

a cork team that couldn't beat a carpet last few years probably only shining light in this years championship 

Galway v Waterford would be an amazing final and a real showcase for the teams outside the top 3 

i think Waterford will shut cork down and win next weekend 

mayo hopefully get dumped out today lol 

8 hours ago, irishfoxkev said:

First post on this thread ....just wondering if Dalo that you mention above is Anthony Daly ....Had a great couple of hours with him in the Harry  Ramsdens in Heathrow airport on the way home from the 1999 Worthington Cup Final which unfortunately we lost one nil to Spuds... I was in there with a dozen or so Leicester fans when Daly and half dozen Limerick based Spurs fans came in....None of us were sober but Daly was totally out of it but we had great banter with him and his friends before heading to our respective flights...As you say a top bloke for a Spurs fan...??

Yeah it's Anthony. Top bloke alright. He's with Limerick's underage academy right now.

The only other famous Spurs supporter I know from the GAA is Offaly's Daithi Regan. Around the same age as Dalo. More down to the Ardiless era in the early 80s it would seem. Was out with him and Ken Early on one of those Off The Ball roadshows about 5 years ago, right character.

23 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Anthony is someone I know well , he is a sound guy ... loves sport all sport 

Galway and Tipp was thrilling but shocking hurling 

the standard of hurling this year is very poor 

a cork team that couldn't beat a carpet last few years probably only shining light in this years championship 

Galway v Waterford would be an amazing final and a real showcase for the teams outside the top 3 

i think Waterford will shut cork down and win next weekend 

mayo hopefully get dumped out today lol 

Would agree with most of that.

The fact that Cork could get to a final would say a lot about the overall standard.

Cork minors would be my tip for the All Ireland. First signs of Cork becoming a force again. A bit of hype going around for next weekend but trying to avoid how 2013/2014 ended.

Would love for Galway to win it but they've racked up as many losses as Mayo Footballers at this stage. Might make up for Ballyea's loss this time for you should they win!

Mayo close to facing their Waterloo but will shade it today I reckon.

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

Some performance 

where did that come from 

amazing 

Demolished them.

Draw last week was bad for Roscommon. A narrow one point loss would have been somehing to steel them for next year. Today will demoralize them. That said they are a small county so hard for them to reach the last 4 in this day and age.

Super from Mayo. Have it all to do to beat Kerry in a fortnight despite today.

18 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Demolished them.

Draw last week was bad for Roscommon. A narrow one point loss would have been somehing to steel them for next year. Today will demoralize them. That said they are a small county so hard for them to reach the last 4 in this day and age.

Super from Mayo. Have it all to do to beat Kerry in a fortnight despite today.

If it was Dublin I'd fancy them 

not Kerry though 

Galway to win the All Ireland. Fingers Crossed.

Oh and Dublin to win the football (but everyone knows that already don't they?)

Edited by Renart
  • Like 1

Waterford through to the hurling final after beating favourites Cork 4-19 to 0-20.

Cork beat them in Munster 8 weeks ago and were the talk of the country for the last 3 months but the All Ireland series is a different beast. Waterford lost out at this stage the last 2 years and more experience told. Cork have a long way to go but they won the minor semi final today so a starting point for them.

Cork were ahead after 50 minutes but a red card changed the game and Waterford went to town on them in the last 15. Some lad called Jamie scored 2 goals for his team in blue this weekend. Sound familiar?!!

A Galway-Waterford final in 3 weeks time. Novel pairing. First time they've ever met.

Galway will be favourites but that wont faze Waterford.

2 minutes ago, irishfoxkev said:

Superb game between Kerry and Mayo in semi ...just finished all square so replay next Sat ...2 14 each in appalling conditions 

Outstanding. Thought conditions would ruin it but a savage contest. 

Replay next Saturday. Clashing with the man utd game though. Could be a blessing!

Dublin Tyrone next Sunday. Conditions improve you could have a right weekend of it in Dublin.