Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GaelicFox

Gaelic Athletics Association - Irish Sport

Taking off Andy moran was game over for Mayo 

the managers subs in last 10 mins all back fired spectacularly 

mayo just love to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory 

was a good game but and Mayo can be very proud tonight 

Dublin are on a different level even a bad bad day ends with a win 

2 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

Taking off Andy moran was game over for Mayo 

the managers subs in last 10 mins all back fired spectacularly 

mayo just love to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory 

was a good game but and Mayo can be very proud tonight 

Dublin are on a different level even a bad bad day ends with a win 

Moran had nothing more to give by then I'd say. He made less of an impact in the second half.

Good point about the subs. O'Connor was good but Coen doesnt convince me at all. I know Moran an O'shea were running on empty but you felt the subs that replaced them weren't going to make the same impact. I would have left Doherty on. He might have nailed that free in injury time.

Vaughan picked the worst time to act the hardman.

The Super 8 wont suit Mayo next season. Their marquee names will find it hard to get back to that level due to their age.

Its been like watching Atletico Madrid trying to win the champions league recently but just falling short.

• Like 1

As I am bit of a blow in Dublin fan I was happy enough with the result  and seeing them achieve the 3 in a row...However have to be honest would have preferred it if it was anyone but Mayo that they beat....My heart goes out to Mayo who unfortunately fell just short yet again.....They remind me of us in the play off defeats to Blackburn and Swindon.....Another fantastic spectacle with 83,000 partisan fans mingling together without a hint of trouble and no segregation.....The sending offs were turning point for me....Why did Vaughan retaliate like that when he wasn't originally involved?  I am sure he has been asking himself the same question....Just goes to show yet again the frailties of human nature that maintaining discipline in the heat of battle is nigh on impossible ....Up the Dubs....Hard Luck Mayo 

3 hours ago, irishfoxkev said:

As I am bit of a blow in Dublin fan I was happy enough with the result  and seeing them achieve the 3 in a row...However have to be honest would have preferred it if it was anyone but Mayo that they beat....My heart goes out to Mayo who unfortunately fell just short yet again.....They remind me of us in the play off defeats to Blackburn and Swindon.....Another fantastic spectacle with 83,000 partisan fans mingling together without a hint of trouble and no segregation.....The sending offs were turning point for me....Why did Vaughan retaliate like that when he wasn't originally involved?  I am sure he has been asking himself the same question....Just goes to show yet again the frailties of human nature that maintaining discipline in the heat of battle is nigh on impossible ....Up the Dubs....Hard Luck Mayo 

I've rarely witnessed such an intense match or occasion like it yesterday. A lot to do with the mayo story you'd have to say. I say this with a lot of bias but I don't think there was any sports event in the world going on yesterday  that was as enthralling as croke park.  

Congrats on the 3 in a row kev. The scale of the achievement has been overshadowed in the aftermath. Dublin have a host of top class players and had that been the last decade they would have faltered. They kept their heads when the sky was falling in. 

Kerry 1975-87 still slightly ahead of Dublin but the dubs are at the stage kerry were at after  the 4 in a row in 81(ie 5 all Ireland from 7).Up there as the best Dublin team i've watched. Top 3 in the grand scheme of things for now. 

Edited by Blue ROI

Fair play to Dublin, 3 in a row is very impressive. Mayo came so close, this really hurts. Donal Vaughan, what were you thinking? And Cillian O'Connor, with the scores level, and in the 71st minute, is centimetres off with his kick.

At least we don't have to suffer another replay.

Up Mayo!!

10 hours ago, Mayofox said:

Mayo against Dublin again on Sunday. Let's hope the ladies can show the way to beat the Dubs.   Up Mayo!

Dublin have lost the last 3 finals they've played. Did they upset someone after winning a final?

They've a very good coach over them.mick bohan is his name. Was involved with Clare senior footballers last year. 

On 18/09/2017 at 17:17, Mayofox said:

Fair play to Dublin, 3 in a row is very impressive. Mayo came so close, this really hurts. Donal Vaughan, what were you thinking? And Cillian O'Connor, with the scores level, and in the 71st minute, is centimetres off with his kick.

At least we don't have to suffer another replay.

Up Mayo!!

The way I see it is the Mayo are not bottlers as the media might suggest but rather the only team that ran possibly one of the top 2/3 best ever teams very close. 

If anything, the other big sides bottle it in the championship!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Nalis said:

The way I see it is the Mayo are not bottlers as the media might suggest but rather the only team that ran possibly one of the top 2/3 best ever teams very close. 

If anything, the other big sides bottle it in the championship!

I agree so unlucky to exist this mayo team when the greatest Dublin  team exists and that team is arguably the 2nd best team ever and come next August will possible be considered the greatest 

mayo have done amazing 

• 2 months later...

Scenes in the Leinster club football final today.

St Lomans of Westmeath led Moorefield of Kildare 2-10 to 0-10 (6 points) with a minute to go.

In the space of 6 minutes Moorefield score 1-4 and a point right at the end to win!!!

Edited by Blue ROI

2 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Scenes in the Leinster club football final today.

St Lomans of Westmeath led Moorefield of Kildare 2-10 to 0-10 (6 points) with a minute to go.

In the space of 6 minutes Moorefield score 1-4 and a point right at the end to win!!!

Not hurling but ;) 

• 1 month later...

National league starts this weekend in both football and hurling.

Good football game between Cork and tipp on now.

Cork lead 0-9 to 0-8 at half time.

Double header with hurling between Cork and Kilkenny to follow at 7.both live on without sport.

All.ireland football champions Dublin playing Kildare also tonight.

• 1 month later...

All Ireland club finals on today.

Football between Nemo Rangers (Cork) v corofin (Galway) at 2

Hurling between the last 2 winners na piarsiagh (Limerick) v reigning champions Cuala (Dublin).

Made it down to Nemo Rangers ground.Deserted.Last one out turns out the lights case!

Corofin win the football by 15. 2-19 to 0-10.

Completely one sided game. Corofin with one of the finest club finals displays of recent years.2 sublime goals in the first 20 minutes meant no way back for nemo.

Feel sorry for nemo but great achievement for corofin.only 1500 people in their parish

Edited by Blue ROI

Drama in the hurling final.Reigning champions Cuala get a last minute goal to bring the game to extra time.then in extra time level the game in injury time only to miss a chance to win it after.

Gripping fare.Fantastic match.best game of the year so far. Might be the best club hurling final of all time.Replay next weekend probably.

Hopefully the TV station puts the replay online. 

Edited by Blue ROI

• 1 month later...

Football championship underway today.

Sligo with a comfortable win over London (Don't ask!) in Connacht.

The other game in the province is New York and Leitrim at 7.30.  Been talks all week of an upset. New York are 7/4 with a few handy players.

Game is on in the states.

6 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

What's the general feeling towards the London and New York sides in Ireland? Are people supportive of their involvement? 

Very Interesting question actually 

supportive  I would say 

Edited by NorthfieldsFox

7 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

What's the general feeling towards the London and New York sides in Ireland? Are people supportive of their involvement? 

Personally I've no major issue with either but there's plenty that do.

I can understand certain aspects to it. There isn't the same sense of community about the 2 of them. You wont get the same pride about the wider area or the crowds as you would with someone like County Mayo when they are going well. 

In the case of New York there is a sense that they don't want to win as they would have to travel back home for the next match and some might be stopped going back due to visa issues!  They don't play the National league. London do as they are closer.

I wouldnt have a problem as it keeps the games accessible to emigrants and those who represent them are proud to do so. Bit hypocritical from counties too as they go over fundraising themselves. Kerry have made over 1.15 million from fundraising to England and America recently.

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Thanks 1

Start of the championships on TV today.Hurling at 2 between Dublin and Kilkenny. New league format this year so a few more chances for teams after today. All Ireland champions Galway beat Offaly last night as expected.

Then at 4 Galway play Mayo in the Connacht Football championship. Arguably the most hyped game between the 2 for 20 years.Mayo on the go for so long and Galway league finalists that are viewed to be the coming team. The winner with a great chance of making the last 8 of the All Ireland.

Great to have it back.What summer is allabout.

Will watch Leicester during the break in matches!