Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

2016/17 League 1 and League 2

Well Oxford can FOAD. Queued for ages for a ticket and then got treated like shit because I'm not on their database and they were suspect of Cov fans in the home end. Showed the woman a shitload of photos I'd taken at city games to prove I'm not a Cov fan and just wanted to watch a game as a neutral and not cause trouble. Eventually got one, walked round the stadium and couldn't get in because the daft cow had given me a ticket for their next game vs Oldham.

The stewards made me queue up again for about 30 minutes. So by the time I get to the kiosk it's 15:20, I've missed a goal and I've seen we're losing 2-0 to fvcking Watford. A different woman this time looks at me gone out when I say I'm no longer interested in watching their game and want my money back. No apology or nothing. They'll been in League Two next season (I now hope) and they're the first to moan that nobody supports their local club because of the marketing power of the top clubs, but if that's how their potential fans are treated then they've only got themselves to blame.

On 16/11/2016 at 22:29, Tuna said:

Fat Steve Evans in at Mansfield.

Doing well with 2nd home win in row.

A big contrast to Leyton Orient's home form, lost to Exeter to make it 8 consecutive losses at Brisbane Road...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 19/11/2016 at 15:34, Hollism said:

Well Oxford can FOAD. Queued for ages for a ticket and then got treated like shit because I'm not on their database and they were suspect of Cov fans in the home end. Showed the woman a shitload of photos I'd taken at city games to prove I'm not a Cov fan and just wanted to watch a game as a neutral and not cause trouble. Eventually got one, walked round the stadium and couldn't get in because the daft cow had given me a ticket for their next game vs Oldham.

The stewards made me queue up again for about 30 minutes. So by the time I get to the kiosk it's 15:20, I've missed a goal and I've seen we're losing 2-0 to fvcking Watford. A different woman this time looks at me gone out when I say I'm no longer interested in watching their game and want my money back. No apology or nothing. They'll been in League Two next season (I now hope) and they're the first to moan that nobody supports their local club because of the marketing power of the top clubs, but if that's how their potential fans are treated then they've only got themselves to blame.

I only just saw this but it did make me laugh!

15 hours ago, isaidno said:

Notts county have sacked their manager again

I had high hopes for Sheriden given what he did at Plymouth. There's got to be something wrong at County, they get through so many managers. Just hope they don't go down.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I had high hopes for Sheriden given what he did at Plymouth. There's got to be something wrong at County, they get through so many managers. Just hope they don't go down.

Me too. Attendance is bad now so I can't imagine it without League football.

I miss the old County vs Blades rivalry at my work. It's looking like they'll be a few divisions apart next season.

Hopefully things will turn around with the new owner, but it never ever does.

On 03/01/2017 at 13:07, Fox92 said:

New owner in now. Previous owner had a wally in some 'Footbaling Director' role. Their signings have been toilet - would have made a decent lower league team about five years ago all past it

Former Leyton Orient boss Kevin Nolan has been named as Notts County player-manager following Alan Hardy's takeover of the League Two club.

Notts, who had been managerless since sacking new Oldham boss John Sheridan on 2 January, have lost 10 straight league games and are 22nd in the table, just a point above the relegation zone.

Hardy said Nolan, 34, could revive Notts' fortunes on the pitch.

"Kevin is an outstanding leader and we need immediate success," Hardy added.

Hardy revealed that Notts are losing £1.6m a year but said he was at Meadow Lane "for the long haul".

"It is a dream come true but there is a realisation that there is a tough job ahead," Hardy added.

Nolan will take charge of the team for the Nottinghamshire derby against Mansfield Town on Saturday.

Archived