Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

2016/17 League 1 and League 2

On 4/23/2017 at 17:08, purpleronnie said:

Have to say as much as I like him as a presenter, pleading for someone to lose his job is just wrong.

Agreed. I don't doubt, and actually admire, his passion for his club, his genuine concern about it's future (relegation to the Conference could be extremely damaging for Hartlepool) and it spilled over. He has plenty of influence due to his name and I think he felt he could throw his views around and it would work in his favour.

It's probably too late now but I don't think this will have gone down well within football.

On 23.4.2017 at 18:08, purpleronnie said:

Have to say as much as I like him as a presenter, pleading for someone to lose his job is just wrong.

Well, if he had done so in private, no issues here.

But doing it on live TV in front of a massive audience is plain wrong, condescending and downright embarrassing.

He is abusing his standing within the sport and media.

He's the president of Hartlepool, isn't he? Can do what the fvck he wants. 

Not sure how he's abusing his standing? if anything he's using it to good effect. The fans of the club probably want the same considering the manager is just about to take them down

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He's the president of Hartlepool, isn't he? Can do what the fvck he wants. 

Not sure how he's abusing his standing? if anything he's using it to good effect. The fans of the club probably want the same considering the manager is just about to take them down

He's honorary president, a title for show. Solely representative function, hardly any proper club work involved.

And no, he definitely is abusing his position at Sky for his own purposes. I find it baffling no one has pointed out a conflict of interest here yet...

All these games have something riding on them on Sunday in League One-

Bolton v Peterborough (automatic promotion)

Bristol Rovers v Millwall (play-offs)

Fleetwood v Port Vale (automatic promotion and relegation)

Northampton v Gillingham (relegation)

Rochdale v Bradford (play-offs)

Southend v Bury (play-offs and relegation)

20 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

He's honorary president, a title for show. Solely representative function, hardly any proper club work involved.

And no, he definitely is abusing his position at Sky for his own purposes. I find it baffling no one has pointed out a conflict of interest here yet...

Isn't Lineker honorary Vice President at Leicester? Can't find anything to support it, but I'm pretty sure I've read that somewhere. Anyway people have been really pissed off when he's stuck his nose in and commented on things like managerial changes etc. Funny how different it is when it's not your club, people are fine with it then.

On 17/04/2017 at 23:33, AjcW said:

Watched Sheffield Utd today, played some amazing football for that level, a pleasure to watch. 

What a two years chris wilder has had! Turned Northampton around and got them promoted and now into the championship with Sheffield Utd! Another team that had been hopeless for a few years.

I bet he's on a few radars!

worth noting they are 50% Saudi owned too so will probably have some cash to splash in the championship. 

I get the vibe he is a fake Sheikh, been there a few years and only put £1 in. He did help set up a supporters link with Fenerbache.  

McCabe the other long term owner he takes a decent amount of stick has put in serious cash over the years.

How come Bradford's ground looks so underpopulated?

I know they got beaten in the payoffs last year, but surely you'd pack the ground for a game like this???

This is a proper gutturally voiced blood and thunder affair, by the way...

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

I know they got beaten in the payoffs last year, but surely you'd pack the ground for a game like this???

Don't forget the capacity of Valley Parade is approx 26000

20 hours ago, Vacamion said:

As mentioned, it's due to the stadium size/dimensions I'd guess - plus Fleetwood would barely have taken any I'd have thought.

Second highest average attendance in that division after Sheffield United and 18,000 ST holders due to great pricing. Can't fault the club for that.

What a mad last day in league two lol Relegation, Play Offs and Title still to be decided. With all the way down to 12th still able to get into play offs.

Quite disappointed there isn't a twitter hashtag for Hartlepool Doncaster...... ?

Archived