Mark

Forum upgrade

289 posts in this topic

I've been putting this off for a while but here it is so welcome to the new FT v4!

Firstly the forum is likely to run slower than normal as part of the upgrade there is a lot of processes running in the background that will complete over the next couple of days and then we'll get back up to our usual level of performance.

The first big change is your log in is your display name. Previously you could have a seperate username to log in, from now on use your display name (or email address). If you are reading this unable to login you should be able to get the relevant details via reset username/password links on the sign in page. If still not working try emailling admin@foxestalk.co.uk and we'll do our best today to resolve any issues.

Feel free to test out posting pictures/twitter/youtube links as all should be automated, so no more questions about how to post a picture. :)

Any other problems let me know on this thread.

Top stuff, mark. The mobile version is much more user friendly, too

Mark is there anyway we can have customisable font and background txt colour for viewing posts??

cheers

Edited by HankMarvin

Cheers mark, much better for me as I'm always on the mobile site.

Doesn't work properly on my phone :(

The thread titles are vertical

Any way to increase the file size limit on background profile picture? currently even my avatar is too big

Is there still an option to switch to desktop mode? I use Firefox Android and can't find it - there's an option to force it using the browser settings but it doesn't display properly

Less posts per page means we get to 100 quicker :ph34r:

Generally looks like a good upgrade.

Edited by Fox 4 Life

How do I change to mobile version? Can't see the tab for it. 

I'm having problems with the mobile version. Doesn't fit like the old one used to. I'm having to keep zooming in every time to read something. 

With the new software there is no desktop/mobile version - the theme automatically adjusts to fit your device 

Cheers. Seems to be ok on the other threads, just this one it's a bit small. Seems a good update already, was never able to use emojis on the mobile version before. Nice work.;)

As said, wheres the button gone to switch from mobile version to full version? I can't see it.

bit smart.

We must be prem champions.

2 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

As said, wheres the button gone to switch from mobile version to full version? I can't see it.

As answered,

32 minutes ago, DB11 said:

With the new software there is no desktop/mobile version - the theme automatically adjusts to fit your device 

15 minutes ago, DB11 said:

As answered,

Oh that's a shame, I really don't get on with mobile sites. They put me on edge!

Has the history section gone? :(

I LOVE these desktop nofications. take me right to the topic

5 hours ago, Mark said:

I've been putting this off for a while but here it is so welcome to the new FT v4!

Firstly the forum is likely to run slower than normal as part of the upgrade there is a lot of processes running in the background that will complete over the next couple of days and then we'll get back up to our usual level of performance.

The first big change is your log in is your display name. Previously you could have a seperate username to log in, from now on use your display name (or email address). If you are reading this unable to login you should be able to get the relevant details via reset username/password links on the sign in page. If still not working try emailling admin@foxestalk.co.uk and we'll do our best today to resolve any issues.

Feel free to test out posting pictures/twitter/youtube links as all should be automated, so no more questions about how to post a picture. :)

Any other problems let me know on this thread.

Hey buddy,

So. A question. Loving the 'view new posts' option since our discussion on the temporary site.

Is there any way that when you click on the thread in new posts (I don't see page numbers anymore) you can be taken to the most recent page rather than the first page?

Thanks,

SL