Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ThurmastonFox

New site issues

Ok so I've figured out how to delete quote boxes (on computer/laptop):

Hover your mouse over the offending quote box; the box's main outline and its interior text-box will be highlighted and 'move' arrows will appear just above the top-left of the box.  Click on the arrows once (the outline of the box should now remain highlighted even if you move your mouse away) then press delete/backspace.  Thank me with steak and a hand-job.

15 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Ok so I've figured out how to delete quote boxes (on computer/laptop):

Hover your mouse over the offending quote box; the box's main outline and its interior text-box will be highlighted and 'move' arrows will appear just above the top-left of the box.  Click on the arrows once (the outline of the box should now remain highlighted even if you move your mouse away) then press delete/backspace.  Thank me with steak and a hand-job.

you can click below the offending quote box and just press backspace and it vanishes :D 

Yeah, I have the same troubles with deleting quotes when trying to write a new reply.

You want to swap a single quote for a MultiQuote (or vice versa) and it takes quite some effort getting rid of the unwanted element(s).

Funny bit is that when you reload the page, the initial quote is still visible! lol

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

you ca click below the offending quote box and just press backspace and it vanishes :D 

Doesn't work for me...

Although I have noticed I was making it a bit too complicated:  Simply click anywhere on the quotebox and as long as where you clicked isn't within the quoted text field it works the same as how I described.

6 minutes ago, DB11 said:

Don't think that's anything to do with the forum I think your phone has been infected with a virus - not uncommon with Android software

A virus that only triggers when I come on FoxesTalk that Avast can't find? OK.

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

A virus that only triggers when I come on FoxesTalk that Avast can't find? OK.

3 hours ago, DB11 said:

So why is every other Android user not reporting the same?

There was a news report the other week that 900m (?) Android phones could be prone to a virus or malware. Check your apps are all downloaded from official sources and not some dodgy geezer.

Finners, I had the same notification come up when another forum was upgraded. Restarted my phone and it went away.

On August 16, 2016 at 08:53, Finnegan said:

Screenshot_20160816-135211.png

Sigh.

There probably isn't a virus on your phone, your browser has been 'corrupted' by that web site. Try clearing the cache and if that doesn't work reinstall Chrome. I can't be sure if this works but that's the theme of it.

I had a similar screen on Safari and only by deleting the 'last session.plist' file did I get rid of it. Lots of info on Google using that alert message.

In the meantime use another browser. Good Luck!

Archived