Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grantham Fox

LMA Manager 2007

I really enjoyed playing this game, and the LMA games before it. I have no idea why they stopped making the series, as it seemed popular, would love it if they made an updated version of this. 

I dug my ps2 out and this game A few weeks back. Took East Stirling from one of the worst teams on the game  to the SPL title, then moved to Middlesbrough where I've built the best squad on the game. 

I spent a lot of time on this when I was younger, brings back many happy memories, anyone else ever play this game? Any memorable saves? Any ideas why they stopped it?

• Like 1

I generally thought it was quite simple yet enjoyable and easy to get into. The features you mentioned were very good. I reckon if Codemasters bought out an updated version itd be able to rival FM. FM is great, so many things to do etc, but LMA was perfect (imo) 

Best Football management game I have ever played. Simple, fun and entertaining. Would love to play this game again for the nostalgia.

I have always wondered why Codemasters stopped the series. I think they were trying to focus on their other games as I don't think LMA Manager was as popular.

I've got so many memories of previous seasons, starting as a Fantasy team in the conference, trying to sign younger players to improve throughout the leagues.

Real 4Kings Hit was my fantasy team name back in the day. I won the Conference narrowly with Grays Athletic in the first season, and the JPT, expectation was to reach the play offs. Then the board expectations for the new season in League 2 are to win promotion?! And they've only given me £3k wage budget. 

Edited by Grantham Fox

I loved LMA 2003. Always used to sign Neil Wainwright from Darlington. mid 20's at the time and developed into a world class winger!

Also, as others have said, the stadium improvement aspect of the game was fantastic.

I also loved the FA Premier League Manager game series on the PC (my first was FAPLM99) but my very first football management game was Premier Manager on the megadrive, which i think was one of the first football management simulators?

• Like 1

On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 09:01, TiffToff88 said:

I loved LMA 2003. Always used to sign Neil Wainwright from Darlington. mid 20's at the time and developed into a world class winger!

Also, as others have said, the stadium improvement aspect of the game was fantastic.

I also loved the FA Premier League Manager game series on the PC (my first was FAPLM99) but my very first football management game was Premier Manager on the megadrive, which i think was one of the first football management simulators?

This brings back memories.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 01/08/2016 at 00:01, GLC said:

I loved this game! Muriqui and Langmead where insane! 

That at mightnhave been 06, as Danny North was world class on it as well

Actually picked up 03 trying to remember who was who. Think Danny North and Langmead were class on 05 and that was the last I played. May have been 06 though? I've ordered 05 so hope it's that one

I loved this game, very simplistic as all I wanted to do was pick the team and sign/sell players. Struggle to get into modern FM games these days as the seasons just take too long filled up with press conferences and complicated training schedules! 

I'm waiting for LMA 2007 to arrive from a seller on Amazon. Best football manager game I have played. Simple, fun and progressive.

FM is too complex and takes too much time. 

Also have found copies of LMA 05 & 06. Just want to have a quick go and look at the teams for a bit of nostalgia. See who was rated highly and how their careers ended up.

20 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

I'm waiting for LMA 2007 to arrive from a seller on Amazon. Best football manager game I have played. Simple, fun and progressive.

FM is too complex and takes too much time. 

Also have found copies of LMA 05 & 06. Just want to have a quick go and look at the teams for a bit of nostalgia. See who was rated highly and how their careers ended up.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/482750/Football_Manager_Touch_2017/

• 4 weeks later...

Was it LMA Manager that allowed you to use pre-set tactics based on some of the best teams in history (Brazil 1970s, Holland 78, Liverpool in the 80s etc)? Never really used them but it was interesting to see how the sliders were set up. I remember Liverpool being boring as sin - ultra-slow, keep possession etc.

1 hour ago, Far Post Gerry said:

Was it LMA Manager that allowed you to use pre-set tactics based on some of the best teams in history (Brazil 1970s, Holland 78, Liverpool in the 80s etc)? Never really used them but it was interesting to see how the sliders were set up. I remember Liverpool being boring as sin - ultra-slow, keep possession etc.

Yeah, I never used them either, but was an interesting feature.