Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

FA Cup 2016/17

18 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Blimey, is that true....? lol

Kane for Spurs, Ake for Chelsea. Fair enough they bought Alli and Dier while they were still relatively young, but both had established themselves in the side (MK dons and sporting respectively) originally. At most they bought them into the top flight, but by that measure we bought Kante and Mahrez through.

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Tough on the long suffering Arsenal fans that they could win a third trophy in four years. 

That or Chelsea for the double.  Pick your poison.

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

The 2016-17 Emirates FA Cup is set to feature the introduction of a fourth substitute for the quarter finals, semi-finals and Final.

World football’s law-making-body IFAB is carrying out a global study into a proposal that would allow teams to make a fourth replacement during extra time. 

And subject to IFAB approval, The FA will play a lead role in testing to introduce this innovation for the closing stages of this season’s Cup.

I suggested this a few years ago during World Cup quarter / semi finals where you'd often get a player reduced to being a passenger and several others on their knees. As long as it's in the intervals and doesn't punctuate the flow (which can often be a struggle to get going anyway) it's a good idea. Harsh on the marker who's already been playing 105 minutes to face someone fresh but hopefully increases the intensity and pace of the game.

There are 90 seconds left and Man City are passing the ball to each other on the half way line. 

Maybe if they started hoofing 5 minutes earlier they might have equalised. But that's archaic 18th century methods.

26 minutes ago, Hollism said:

Met loads of genuine Man City fans at the Etihad last season and they were full of support and praise before and after the game. Couldn't be more different to the Arsenal and Spurs fans.

Everyone was enjoying us being up there at that point, as they never believed we could do it- we've since gone onto win the league and do well in Europe, making the big clubs look slightly foolish. 

Agree that they have nothing on Spurs and Arsenal for arrogance and delusion though. 

16 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

On the conspiracy stuff I think we will not be able to agree and I leave those reading our posts to make their own minds up.

On the video evidence theme, I fully support it. 

It might stop people crying "conspiracy" when decisions go against them.  :thumbup:

Glad to hear it with any luck it should stop reactionary errors, guesswork and the need for complaints of any sort. 

• 1 month later...

Really want to see Wenger win F.A., not the cup but literally F.A.

Feel that Arsenals desperation to win and the heat will be a leveller and it will be closer than it should but 1-0 Chelsea (Hazard goal) or an overly tight and tactical battle going to pens where who knows..

Wenger's interview on Football Focus, he missed out on the bits about unprofessionally not having his squad properly prepared for the start of the season (for the 2nd year running), saying he didn't need any more signings then coming outside of the top 4, not being prepared to react in a focused way when they go behind in a tough Champions League match despite knowing all summer this could be coming, not addressing the injury situation (handing injury prone players new contracts and doesn't seem to have altered the training and physio set up). And as we saw last season the guy's a pure bitch with his patronising big club little club talk and attempts at mind games.

Yes, also want Arsenal to do it for Wenger. Can be quite a bitter person but also, equally, seems to come across as 'saying as it is regarding the game in general and the league.

I want Arsenal to win too.

Yes, you did read that right.

I'm weird, I hate Arsenal and really dislike Arsene Wenger but this season i've changed my tune.

I still don't like either but I want Wenger to stay to piss the Arsenal fans off more.

Let's be honest, I've only ever slagged the bloke off but i'm not an Arsenal fan, Arsenal fans really do come across as spoilt brats who can't seem to see what he's done for the club and also I want Arsenal to win to show just how idiotic, spoilt and ungrateful the Arsenal fans are. However they are comedy gold.

"But Wembley is when Arsenal really come to the party. We have won the FA Cup 12 time and if we win it this weekend we will have won it more times than anyone else in history.

"You hear that, Chelsea fans? History. Something you don't know a lot about.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40018483

lol Love this "history" bollocks. Yes, I know you've won 5 titles, several FA Cups, League Cups and both European trophies in the past 13 years, but what did you win in the 1930's where barely anyone around today could remember and talk about it? 

Far be it from me to defend Chelsea but this argument is so desperate. 

Just seen BBC have narrowed down the best 8 FA Cup goals of the season for a vote. Absolute joke that the Blackburn one is in there, just a bog standard goal to my eyes, whereas Ndidi's isn't.

In fact there's an almost identical one to Ndidi's scored by a Curzon Ashton player.

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Yes, also want Arsenal to do it for Wenger. Can be quite a bitter person but also, equally, seems to come across as 'saying as it is regarding the game in general and the league.

He talks a load of bollocks, how does he say it as it is?

Archived