Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

New chants and songs

To be honest though wys has never really caught on, I fully understand it's the club anthem and would love it be sung round the ground, I just can't see it happening. 

I feel we need a song that will catch on, that young and old will sing, north, south, east, and west stands, with a tune that will sound amazing when sung from all 4 sides of the ground. 'Time to say goodbye' is a good shout, poignant and related  to us and what Vichai achieved with our title win.

Just a well know song with meaning, we don't necessarily have to change the words if they fit as it would make it easier to catch on. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Hadn’t even thought of that. 

Maybe just the Ooooo Ahhhhaahhhaah from Club Foot would be much better

Hadn't even thought of that because it isn't even an issue (unless you make it one).

Where would it stop? No Vardy's on fire? No saying any player is on fire when playing well?

The English language is an adaptable and flexible tool with more than one meaning for certain words. That song heralded goals during our greatest period and doesn't need an issue making of it now.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LCFC1884x said:

https://youtu.be/5J_2JJ9-vrw 

This could be adopted, with altered lyrics I’m sure someone can think something up. 

Been too a few Exeter matches and always get goosebumps from this, close to tears on a couple of occasions. 

So sing a song for Vichai

His legacy will never die

He brought in Ranieri

Then won the Premier League

So sing a song for Vichai

And though we all say our goodbye

You’ll always be

Leicester City

Edited by timh10101

10 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

The first couple of verses from 'Days' by The Kinks, later covered by Kirsty McColl.  Easy to sing and unmistakably a tribute.

Thank you for the days

Those endless days those sacred days you gave me

I'm thinking of the days

I won't forget a single day believe me

I bless the light

I bless the light that lights on you believe me

And though you're gone

You're with me every single day believe me

That's perfect, maybe replace the last believe me with Vichai but it's not neccassery as it is quite clear the meaning that's attached as it stands.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

To be honest though wys has never really caught on, I fully understand it's the club anthem and would love it be sung round the ground, I just can't see it happening. 

I feel we need a song that will catch on, that young and old will sing, north, south, east, and west stands, with a tune that will sound amazing when sung from all 4 sides of the ground. 'Time to say goodbye' is a good shout, poignant and related  to us and what Vichai achieved with our title win.

Just a well know song with meaning, we don't necessarily have to change the words if they fit as it would make it easier to catch on. 

WYS has been sung by Leicester fans for about 50 years, so it clearly has caught on. Whole away ends still manage to sing it on the odd day where our away ends are actually up for singing.

Edited by Voll Blau

49 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

The first couple of verses from 'Days' by The Kinks, later covered by Kirsty McColl.  Easy to sing and unmistakably a tribute.

Thank you for the days

I'm thinking of the days

I bless the light

And though you're gone

This would be perfect.

1 hour ago, Crinklyfox said:

Thank you for the days

I'm thinking of the days

I bless the light

And though you're gone

Really like this. Often thought it might make a decent football chant. Maybe just change the the first line of verse two to "We're Blue and White" to give it a unique twist?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Really like this. Often thought it might make a decent football chant. Maybe just change the the first line of verse two to "We're Blue and White" to give it a unique twist?

Yes but drop we're,so it sounds..

I bless the light

BLUE AND WHITE, that lights on you believe me ..

14 hours ago, moseeds said:

Totally agree and so fitting considering the journey we've been through:

The chorus is a bit too apt...

Time to say goodbye
Horizons are never far
Would I have to find them alone
Without true light of my own with you
I will go on ships over seas
That I now know
No, they don't exist anymore
It's time to say goodbye

I love the idea of this song, but It would have to be the Andrea Bocelli version - see link from 4.45.  Play that video at the next home game and there won't be a dry eye in the house.  Very poignant though.

Edited by Vince Vega
  • Like 3

Bit generic and a couple of dodgy lines but I've come up with this..

Vichai made us dream,

Rebuilt our football team,

He took us on to successes we'd never knoooown.

With Top by his side, 

Along for the riiiiide, 

The greatest owner, a clubs ever knoooown.

2 hours ago, Bristol fox .... said:

You was my sunshine

our own kun vichai

you made me happy

when skies were grey

you’ll never notice

how much we love you

we’ll all be with our vichai one day 

Fvck me that last line is a bit morbid

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

WYS has been sung by Leicester fans for about 50 years, so it clearly has caught on. Whole away ends still manage to sing it on the odd day where our away ends are actually up for singing.

I'm aware of this, I've been singing it for 30+ years, but i don't think it's ever going to sung round the whole stadium. It's always seemed to me a 'Kop' song, popular in certain parts of the ground where people are wanting to sing and chant but it's never caught on elsewhere.

Dont get me wrong id love to hear it echoe round all 4 stands however I think maybe it would be nice to have something new and specific for Vichai.

• Like 2

I think what would be really cool, and something I haven't seen at the ground probably since CL in 2017. Do a "stand up for/if you love..." getting the whole ground on their feet.

This is probably only going to work at the Burnley game to get everyone involved. Something like, "Stand up, for Khun Vichai" (or whatever will work best).

I am in Cardiff watching the rugby on the weekend of the Burnley game so am going to miss it. Really gutted about that as I would have liked to have been part of the tribute. However, I am sure whoever is there will do the club and everyone associated to it proud.