Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ithuriel

Sky TV, broadband, packages etc.,

Just gone from Sky HD to Sky Q. I got the better package with the touch remote.

Although I don't like the big corporation that it is, you can't get away from the fact that their product is excellent and service is brilliant.

I would not touch BT with a shxtty stick. I took BT Sport for the CL and typical BT, they cocked the registration up and never ever put it right despite spending over two hours on the phone over the course of four calls.

Also BT once failed in moving my work phone numbers over when we moved, resulting in me having to change my company phone numbers, being without office phones for two weeks and then having to pay us compensation.

BT are just appalling. 

Sky customer service is very good, they actually try and solve problems.

So Sky for me, you can't knock the product or service and I am waiting to have the new 4F??? TVs installed next week so you have the next level up from HD to view, whatever that is called. Sorry, not a techy, so don't know what it's called.

Sky Q only had it a week and like it. Like the new navigation and worth it in my opinion. 

• Like 1

We left Virgin for BT last summer and I can't really complain about the product. We didn't subscribe to Sky Sports or the Movies.

We had some teething issues with BT when it was installed, Open Reach eventually had to repair some cabling at the end of the road, and their Indian call centre is an absolute nightmare. For how much it costs though I'm very happy but I dread the day there is a problem and I have to actually contact them. 

Having said that as we subscribe to Netflix, Amazon Prime and Now TV we would probably be just as well off going all in on Sky.

I miss Sky Sports News but not so much Sky Sports. We had a NOW TV offer over Christmas and subscribed for a month but I hardly watched it. Couldn't justify paying what they are asking for it. I buy the odd day pass if a City away game is on.

• 4 weeks later...
On Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 16:16, josh_baskin said:

With sky puttin line rental charges up, looking at switching to Vodafone broadband as it's free line rental, any foxes fans on her have any experiences with the services?

I'm with EE... it's the sam as BT broadband as it uses their kit. I think it's just a subcontractor arrangement

• 4 weeks later...

Currently had broadband only with sky. They advertise it for 44 online but the first two people I spoke to would not give me that as I was not technically a new customer. Third person actually gave me it cheaper! I was in a good position however as I was not desperate for the tv package so simply said if I can't have that deal I wouldn't buy it :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My bill has shot up about £30 again over the year. I pay over £100 a month for sky with all the sports channels, HD and the box sets. No movies. Also get broadband with that. 

Am am I being ripped off? I was paying £75 a month a year ago, which is hardly cheap. 

Can anyone give me a barometer of how much I'm being screwed?! 

1 minute ago, sdb said:

My bill has shot up about £30 again over the year. I pay over £100 a month for sky with all the sports channels, HD and the box sets. No movies. Also get broadband with that. 

Am am I being ripped off? I was paying £75 a month a year ago, which is hardly cheap. 

It's the big topic atm but I now stream my sport and subscription TV. I had a similar package to you and just couldn't see why I was letting it go up all the time but getting nothing more for that increase. Obviously streaming is free so you can't get any cheaper than that but I think £100 plus and you've not even got the full package is way too much.

• Like 1

I'm paying a fair bit for sky including movies (getting hd even though I don't technically pay for it) and sport with bt broadband.

I justify paying for it on the basis that my son and daughter can both view my full sky package on their tv's  using  my sky go extra and a play station.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Im currently with Virgin Media.

200MPBS Broadband

Big Kohuna HD

SKY Sports HD

Line Rental(dont have a home phone though)

£85 PCM. Not bad to be honest! 

I've just switched to Virgin Media's Mix Bundle.

Had to get out of my BT TV contract as I wasn't getting value for money any more, especially with the Sky Sports channels changing which also affects the add-on that BT can offer. With BT I had the Sky Sports 1 and 2 add-on but now only getting Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Extra - the latter of which hasn't got any scheduled programmes yet and they've increased the charged too.

I'm now going to get all Sky Sports channels and more entertainment channels with Virgin Media as well as normal BT Sport channels. All for only £20 extra than what I was spending with BT. 

Stuck with my broadband though as would have cost too much to buy out. ridiculous amount tbh! 

• Like 1

Just contacted Talk Talk to take up this Sky Sports offer where they were going to give me the phone with unlimited UK calls,

faster internet access and the Sky Sports channels for 30 quid a month .. great I thought ... then it turns out the area

I live in has too slow access and no fibre .. hosed on both options .... ARRRRRGH

35 minutes ago, sdb said:

I ring up and threaten to leave every 3 months. Unless you get through to the actual tetentions dept in Scotland you are not really there!

Im in my 5th year with them and have sports HD Movies box sets entertainment the lot... including broadband and my phone line with sky.

No BT sport (every bloke needs a reason to go to the pub)  but I started paying £55 in the first year it went up as far as £100 but I have had all that Stable at £78 a month for some time. I recently made them give me a free sky q booster box for the broadband and a new free sky q router and they took off £40 off last months bill for my frustration with their broadband service over the past couple of months- phoning up is however an art form and takes a couple of hours every few months and you have to be like a dog with a bone and never be satisfied and threaten to cancel everything or tell them you can only afford £80 a month say or you are switching providers due to financial issues....

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I ring up and threaten to leave every 3 months. Unless you get through to the actual tetentions dept in Scotland you are not really there!

Im in my 5th year with them and have sports HD Movies box sets entertainment the lot... including broadband and my phone line with sky.

No BT sport (every bloke needs a reason to go to the pub)  but I started paying £55 in the first year it went up as far as £100 but I have had all that Stable at £78 a month for some time. I recently made them give me a free sky q booster box for the broadband and a new free sky q router and they took off £40 off last months bill for my frustration with their broadband service over the past couple of months- phoning up is however an art form and takes a couple of hours every few months and you have to be like a dog with a bone and never be satisfied and threaten to cancel everything or tell them you can only afford £80 a month say or you are switching providers due to financial issues....

You're good ??

1 minute ago, sdb said:

You're good ??

I've sat in two friends houses this year with them and all their details and phoned up and  reduced their bills with more services and new equipment by between £20-40 a month.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

i did this twice with cancelling my BT TV as above. The first woman tried telling me that having Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Extra (also see my post above about this channel) was better  than having all Sky Sports channels as an option!!

I told them I was cancelling and that was her carrot she dangled for me thinking it was logical lol. That was unsuccessful obviously. I then rang again a week later and explained I wanted to leave, she told me the price for it and after explaining the terms all she kept asking was 'do you want to go ahead with cancelling?' a few times. No option of even trying to keep me lol 

8 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I've sat in two friends houses this year with them and all their details and phoned up and  reduced their bills with more services and new equipment by between £20-40 a month.

The kettle's on ?

15 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I used to do this quite successfully but can no longer use the phone due to damaged hearing so stuck with it.

It's big pain contacting companies by phone but it's even harder doing it by email or live chat where no one seems to have the authority to do anything worthwhile. 

• Like 1

It used to be with sky that you had to call early in the week to get any reduction as they had a weekly budget for it and it quickly ran out, might have been bollocks like most transfer rumours.:P

16 minutes ago, davieG said:

I used to do this quite successfully but can no longer use the phone due to damaged hearing so stuck with it.

It's big pain contacting companies by phone but it's even harder doing it by email or live chat where no one seems to have the authority to do anything worthwhile. 

Hey Davie,

I didnt know know about your hearing loss - if you like, PM me and I'll arrange a time with you to pop over and give them a bit in your behalf if you like!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Hey Davie,

I didnt know know about your hearing loss - if you like, PM me and I'll arrange a time with you to pop over and give them a bit in your behalf if you like!

Thanks. That's  a fine offer but I really wouldn't want to put that on you. As I said in a previous post I'm not greatly bothered, although any saving is good because I feel I get good value with my son and daughter both getting it for nothing through sky go extra, if that ever changes I could well be in touch. 

• Like 1