Jump to content
Sharpe's Fox

2018 Russia World Cup Qualifying

Recommended Posts

Still without a single point dropped in our group. Very happy about that.

Even though the football on show is mostly dire.

Today's match against Andorra should've been called off. Heavy rain, gruesome conditions on the pitch.

 

However, three points is three points & there's so much that can still go wrong until the end of the qualification stage, so... :fc:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Belgium beat Gibraltar 9-0..

Wish these small, and semi-professional footballing, nations are put into a qualifying group of their own before this group round - and the one that finishes top is only allowed to reach stage.

 

It just feels humiliating to see these particular nations having no chance at all, to even score a goal..

Edited by Wymeswold fox
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Belgium beat Gibraltar 9-0..

Wish these small, and semi-professional footballing, nations are put into a qualifying group of their own before this group round - and the one that finishes top is only allowed to reach stage.

 

It just feels humiliating to see these particular nations having no chance at all, to even score a goal..

I'd cut Gibraltar some slack. They're a brand-new footballing nation and need to find their shape and standing first and foremost.

 

When you look at how nations like Luxembourg or Andorra are performing, there's hope.

Just give them time, they'll be able to beat a team at some stage. Just like San Marino.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Still without a single point dropped in our group. Very happy about that.

Even though the football on show is mostly dire.

Today's match against Andorra should've been called off. Heavy rain, gruesome conditions on the pitch.

 

However, three points is three points & there's so much that can still go wrong until the end of the qualification stage, so... :fc:

 

 

Switzerland in the playoffs at least?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Luxembourg won the other night as well at home to Belarus.

 

I think the minnows are definitely better than they were. I think only San Marino, Gibraltar and Andorra are the proper whipping boys. It isn't even that uncommon to see Faroe Islands, Luxembourg or Liechtenstein get a result nowadays.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Luxembourg won the other night as well at home to Belarus.

 

I think the minnows are definitely better than they were. I think only San Marino, Gibraltar and Andorra are the proper whipping boys. It isn't even that uncommon to see Faroe Islands, Luxembourg or Liechtenstein get a result nowadays.

Should all be in the same group. Imagine san marino made the world cup lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/08/2017 at 23:56, MC Prussian said:

I'd cut Gibraltar some slack. They're a brand-new footballing nation and need to find their shape and standing first and foremost.

 

When you look at how nations like Luxembourg or Andorra are performing, there's hope.

Just give them time, they'll be able to beat a team at some stage. Just like San Marino.

 

Sorry but nonsense. They'd be better of pre qualifying, theyd win some games then, as they'd be playing each other.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Depressing home outing vs los Ticos.  Cameron and Ream were poor.  Pulisic couldn't finish from the outset, and was clearly not ready for CONCACAF search-and-maim "defending".  Wish we had Jozy for Honduras because that now means something.

 

Third qualifying position from CONCACAF is better than the only alternative now I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

No ill will towards the Irish but really need Georgia to win. 

Having Irish and Welsh roots, I didn't like this group at all.

 

Need one of them in at least since the other team I support brings me nothing but pain and heartache.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...