Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Football Manager 2017

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm torn with this one. On the one hand I got massively bored of last year and am happy to have quit FM.

Again, haha.

But then Leicester should theoretically be epic on this. 

Won't that ruin some of the fun for you though? a big part of what i like about the game is that taking charge of Leicester has always been a challenge. If we're one of the best teams in the premier league in the game (and so we should be) then it takes a lot of the fun away from the game.

16 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Won't that ruin some of the fun for you though? a big part of what i like about the game is that taking charge of Leicester has always been a challenge. If we're one of the best teams in the premier league in the game (and so we should be) then it takes a lot of the fun away from the game.

Yeah definitely and I'd get bored of it within a season or two but I can't deny there's a part of me that wants to get it just to see an awesome Leicester.

Sad, I know, but every year I used to be disappointed at the fact I basically immediately sold off all of our players because none were good enough. It'll be cool to actually have use for a few!

28 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I never play as Leicester to start, I always try for a Pentagon challenge, Try to get a job at Leicester in my career. 

Haha I'm the opposite. Always start with Leicester every year and do all my other saves after.

16 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Yeah definitely and I'd get bored of it within a season or two but I can't deny there's a part of me that wants to get it just to see an awesome Leicester.

Sad, I know, but every year I used to be disappointed at the fact I basically immediately sold off all of our players because none were good enough. It'll be cool to actually have use for a few!

28 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I never play as Leicester to start, I always try for a Pentagon challenge, Try to get a job at Leicester in my career. 

Haha I'm the opposite. Always start with Leicester every year and do all my other saves after.

Always try a journeyman save but always end up building a nice team and not wanting to leave and squander all the hard work.

Schalke always seem like a nice starting point for me, seasons are relatively short in Germany with a smaller league and a winter break, and they usually have a strong enough transfer budget to build them up to Champions league winners over 5 years or so.

Have never got far with Leicester, I hate how I always end up selling the original players because I don't feel the ratings reflect their actual abilities.

12 hours ago, Tom's Pasta said:

I wasn't tempted until I learned that there's a touch version which is slightly less overwhelming. Did anyone get the previous touch version and was it any good?

I'm biased but yes, it is good.

People seem to think it's an easier and inferior product, but that's far from the truth. The mechanics under-the-hood are exactly the same, as are the vast majority of tactical and transfer options. The only differences are that the UI is decluttered, the game runs quicker and a lot of the time-consuming advanced features such as press conferences, staff contract renewals, staff delegation, agents etc are removed or automatically sorted by your assistant.

The idea was to keep the realism of the core engine, but bring the game back to how the early FM's felt in regards to speed and depth, allowing the user to concentrate on tactics and transfers.

Plus, if you have a fairly new tablet, you can cross-save from that to PC.

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

I'm biased but yes, it is good.

People seem to think it's an easier and inferior product, but that's far from the truth. The mechanics under-the-hood are exactly the same, as are the vast majority of tactical and transfer options. The only differences are that the UI is decluttered, the game runs quicker and a lot of the time-consuming advanced features such as press conferences, staff contract renewals, staff delegation, agents etc are removed or automatically sorted by your assistant.

The idea was to keep the realism of the core engine, but bring the game back to how the early FM's felt in regards to speed and depth, allowing the user to concentrate on tactics and transfers.

Plus, if you have a fairly new tablet, you can cross-save from that to PC.

+1 this

Love the touch version, plus I think the skin looks better in my opinion. There is plenty enough depth for me. It is a shame that there is no editor for it but that's not the end of the world.

I can cross save onto my tablet too which is great for those weekends away in the caravan!

14 hours ago, Tom's Pasta said:

I wasn't tempted until I learned that there's a touch version which is slightly less overwhelming. Did anyone get the previous touch version and was it any good?

Touch keeps the core of the game but without all the detail of the full game. So you're not doing press conferences and team talks and your "staff" is limited to hiring an assitant manager, physio and scout rather than 30+ staff members in the full game.

So you can concentrate on your tactics, buying and selling players. The match engine is the same I think and there is an "Instant Result" button if you want to skip watching a match.

Last FM I had was 2015, so I will buy this. That, and the need to pass some free time on my hand.

I'm not entirely sure how the 2 week beta deal works. Do I pre-order it now and I'll be legible for it?

Reckon I will start off as unemployed or Conference north/south and try and work my way up. Usually I either start with Leicester or a decent football league team. I don't want to dethrone Ranieri!

On 16/09/2016 at 19:47, maynefox said:

Last FM I had was 2015, so I will buy this. That, and the need to pass some free time on my hand.

I'm not entirely sure how the 2 week beta deal works. Do I pre-order it now and I'll be legible for it?

Reckon I will start off as unemployed or Conference north/south and try and work my way up. Usually I either start with Leicester or a decent football league team. I don't want to dethrone Ranieri!

If you order any time between now and release date, you get the beta which is usually released around 2 weeks before.

7 minutes ago, Ozwin said:

First look preview.

Barely shows anything.

True, not a lot there, but then I wasn't expecting there to be. 

The graphics upgrade looks good, the inbox seems to have been tidied up and it seems that much can be dealt with directly from the inbox. 

The data refresh is enough for me. I'll still buy it £28 is ok for me.

Only reason I would buy this is if the youth player development is improved, seems so random at the moment.

Had one player who had potential of 200, got to 125 ability within 2 seasons then didn't grow at all for the next 2 seasons even though I gave him loads of first team football.

Going to stick with FM16 with my save thats in the 32/33 season, prefer to make my own club and take them from the conference to the champions league.

• 2 weeks later...

Any thoughts on who youll be first on this game?

Im thinking of a Borussia Dortmund or Porto save.

I want a league where my team are preferrably champions league, but need rebuilding and arent the best team in their domestic league. I want the challenge of overcoming a dominant force.

Quite like the thoughts of Juve though. They will soon need to be rebuilt.

Archived