Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingcarr21

Ashtons Journey

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

What a night last night. Went to 'A Question of Brains' at the tigers ground to raise money for STEPS. Champagne on arrival and wine on the tables so i'm a little worse for wear. I shed a tear when i saw Ashton appear on the big screen. My little boy doing his hard work and exercises at STEPS. 

We raised close to £40000 for STEPS last night which was really good. Fantastic night of food, drink, entertainment, raffles, tombolas, silent auction and a quiz. 

Next year i will be on the stage telling Ashtons story to the audience. Looking forward to it.

Wow! Great effort, well done!

5 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

HE'S DONE IT. Ashton has finally just moved his legs on his own in the crawling position to get towards his cars. He has been rocking in position but never moved his leg on his own until about 30 mins ago. Big breakthrough. Soon there will b no stopping him lol. That's my boy 

Once they start  they never stop but in Ashton's case its absolutely amazing news. really happy to hear this news today, it made me smile!  Go on son!

13 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

HE'S DONE IT. Ashton has finally just moved his legs on his own in the crawling position to get towards his cars. He has been rocking in position but never moved his leg on his own until about 30 mins ago. Big breakthrough. Soon there will b no stopping him lol. That's my boy 

That's brilliant. Hopefully he will realise he can do it and once he's cracked it a few times, should become easier for the little guy!

After his first leg move in crawling he has done really well this weekend. Doing 4-5 small leg moves before he puts his head down from being tired. Don't think it will b too long before he is crawling really well. Just need to exercise his hips more.

Edited by kingcarr21

Ashton not very well at the moment. Got a bad cough. Hopefully we have caught it early enough before it gets worse. 

Managed to sell a few raffle tickets for his raffle at our coffee morning. Should give us a few sessions with the private physio so all good. His crawling is coming along really well. He is getting the motion better with each day so hopefully he will be on the move over the next few weeks/months. 

He is starting to make more noises so his little voice is starting to be heard. Only babbles and says dadada but it's always nice when he does it. Cant wait for him to actually call out for me. 

The Question of Brains charity event i went to will have the photos up soon. I will share the link once they are up.

• Like 4

Turns out Ashton has an Ear Infection. He has had a bad cough over the weekend so we thought he was beginning to get a chest infection again. He has been screaming out in the night randomly which he has never done so made me think something must be painful. With his runny nose i figured it may have been his teeth but Doctor today has said its an ear infection. Bless. Earache is a killer even as an adult.

Got the raffle taking place on Thursday. Here's hoping we raise some good money for more physio sessions for him

Ashton all better now. Antibiotics worked a treat. 

His raffle at the coffee morning was a success. Managed to raise well over £500 so that keeps us going with his physio for a few weeks. 

Going to a bday party this morning in Ashby at the garden centre. I assume it involves santa and reindeer so that should be fun.

then it's off to the pub before the game. Busy day

• Like 1

Well we hav finally got Ashton crawling a few steps now. Slowly and not covering much distance but he is getting the hang of it. You can see in his face how happy he is to be on the move. Just need to work on his hip on his right hand side that is what's slowing him down so more exercising. Physio is back in January and she was surprised with Ashton's progress today so I'm hoping he can be crawling around much faster by the time she comes again. 

Such a happy lil man. He starting to make more noises now so hopefully will get some words out of him in 2017

• Like 1

On 17/12/2016 at 21:04, kingcarr21 said:

Well we hav finally got Ashton crawling a few steps now. Slowly and not covering much distance but he is getting the hang of it. You can see in his face how happy he is to be on the move. Just need to work on his hip on his right hand side that is what's slowing him down so more exercising. Physio is back in January and she was surprised with Ashton's progress today so I'm hoping he can be crawling around much faster by the time she comes again. 

Such a happy lil man. He starting to make more noises now so hopefully will get some words out of him in 2017

That's great news. I really wish you a great Christmas and hope Ashton has a wonderful time with tonnes of presents!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

That's great news. I really wish you a great Christmas and hope Ashton has a wonderful time with tonnes of presents!

Thanks. Ashton is so hard to buy for cause he is limited to what he can play with. It's also his birthday on New Years Day so need to spread the presents lol 

Hope you have a great xmas also. This time next year im hoping to get Ashton walking

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Ashton hopes you all had a good Christmas and New Year. Whilst you all had hangovers New Years Day I was celebrating Ashton's 3rd birthday. So hard to buy for him since he isn't really interested in toys and he has loads of clothes. Couldn't help myself in this outfit though lol

His crawling is coming on well and he goes back to his nursery and physio this week. 2016 was a good year for Ashton. Here's hoping 2017 we can see him take his first steps and hopefully some speech. 

IMG_4201.JPG

Something about sons and 3rd birthdays make LCFC kits aan obvious choice, My boy, (now 8) still tries to squeeze into his, with RYAN 3 on the back.

Glad he's coming on leaps and bounds, hope 2017 is twice as good as you hope it will be

• Like 1

On 03/01/2017 at 09:40, kingcarr21 said:

Ashton hopes you all had a good Christmas and New Year. Whilst you all had hangovers New Years Day I was celebrating Ashton's 3rd birthday. So hard to buy for him since he isn't really interested in toys and he has loads of clothes. Couldn't help myself in this outfit though lol

His crawling is coming on well and he goes back to his nursery and physio this week. 2016 was a good year for Ashton. Here's hoping 2017 we can see him take his first steps and hopefully some speech. 

IMG_4201.JPG

Good to hear mate. Always nice to see/hear how he is getting on. He looks a bobby dazzler!

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while since i posted so here's an update.

Ashtons crawling is coming along really well. He can now officially crawl. We put him down and he doesn't sit still for very long. He has started to explore a bit now and is getting around quicker all the time. He can also now move along the sofa so his brain is now engaging his legs to move. He can only go from left to right but its a good start.

We went to Feast India last night and on the way out my wife and daughter held his hands and walked to the exit. Whilst encouraging him he moved his legs on his own and walked to the door. Slowly but its another sign that his mind and body are starting to understand the concept of walking. 

I can see this year being a huge year for Ashton. Physio is hopeful that he will at least be able to walk with his walker unaided in 6 months. Will see if that target is met or not. Not going to rush him as its a process that cant be rushed but over the last 2 months his progression has taken a massive step forward.

Ultimately his biggest obstacle i think will be his speech. He still isn't saying any words and just makes noises. Desperate to hear his little voice. I'm sure that will just come one day. 

All in all its looking really good. He had his 6 month check on his eyesight (which with his condition generally means poor eyesight) and his eyes are fine which is a bonus. Will try and keep up with this thread.

Also just want to say thanks for all the support in this thread. Means a lot to me :thumbup:

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Been a while since i posted so here's an update.

Ashtons crawling is coming along really well. He can now officially crawl. We put him down and he doesn't sit still for very long. He has started to explore a bit now and is getting around quicker all the time. He can also now move along the sofa so his brain is now engaging his legs to move. He can only go from left to right but its a good start.

We went to Feast India last night and on the way out my wife and daughter held his hands and walked to the exit. Whilst encouraging him he moved his legs on his own and walked to the door. Slowly but its another sign that his mind and body are starting to understand the concept of walking. 

I can see this year being a huge year for Ashton. Physio is hopeful that he will at least be able to walk with his walker unaided in 6 months. Will see if that target is met or not. Not going to rush him as its a process that cant be rushed but over the last 2 months his progression has taken a massive step forward.

Ultimately his biggest obstacle i think will be his speech. He still isn't saying any words and just makes noises. Desperate to hear his little voice. I'm sure that will just come one day. 

All in all its looking really good. He had his 6 month check on his eyesight (which with his condition generally means poor eyesight) and his eyes are fine which is a bonus. Will try and keep up with this thread.

Also just want to say thanks for all the support in this thread. Means a lot to me :thumbup:

Good to hear that Ashton continues to make progress. This must give you all a big boost.

You all seem to be very patient - something I'd find enormously difficult, I think. Good luck!

Well Ashton is really starting to surprise me now. His crawling is coming along really well but his sense of adventure is now getting him to start moving his legs when we hold his hands. I can see he is now starting to take small steps with him moving his legs on his own rather than us moving them for him. The look on his face when he is standing up is a joy to see. He looks so proud of himself.

This year I can certainly see him coming on leaps and bounds. Maybe even walking around with his walker on his own. That would be a huge achievement.

My wife works at Next head office and has just been given a business card to their manager of Charities and Sponsorships. I've just emailed her to see if Next would be interested in donating/sponsoring Ashton. Bit of a strange email to write. Not really comfortable asking for hand outs. Just feels weird lol 

Went to my nephews 5th birthday party on Sunday. He had a football party and watching him and his friends running around with the ball made me feel a bit emotional. I wanted nothing more than for Ashton to join in.  

His private Physio is delighted with his progress in the last 3 months. She can really see an improvement. Give it another year or 2 and I might just be having a kick about with him in the back garden.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Well Ashton is really starting to surprise me now. His crawling is coming along really well but his sense of adventure is now getting him to start moving his legs when we hold his hands. I can see he is now starting to take small steps with him moving his legs on his own rather than us moving them for him. The look on his face when he is standing up is a joy to see. He looks so proud of himself.

This year I can certainly see him coming on leaps and bounds. Maybe even walking around with his walker on his own. That would be a huge achievement.

My wife works at Next head office and has just been given a business card to their manager of Charities and Sponsorships. I've just emailed her to see if Next would be interested in donating/sponsoring Ashton. Bit of a strange email to write. Not really comfortable asking for hand outs. Just feels weird lol 

Went to my nephews 5th birthday party on Sunday. He had a football party and watching him and his friends running around with the ball made me feel a bit emotional. I wanted nothing more than for Ashton to join in.  

His private Physio is delighted with his progress in the last 3 months. She can really see an improvement. Give it another year or 2 and I might just be having a kick about with him in the back garden.

That's great news mate. Really good to hear that he is making some good progress.

My favourite FT thread!

• Like 1