Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

2 hours ago, DelBoy73 said:

To 40yards away team-mates who actually have poor off-the-ball mouvements ( bar Vardy mind you ) ...

there are numerous times he could play a striker in but decides he wants to beat his full back another 6 times then shoot only to lose the ball

8 hours ago, CyprusFox said:

Very fvcking disrespectful. This guy has never given anything less than 100% for us and should have been pushing for a place in the England squad during our championship winning year, as me and many others on this forum were saying at the time. Yeah he didn't have a great season last year and has made a poor start this year, but you could also lump the rest of them in that same category, with one or two exceptions.

chill ur tits mate

again same "he always gives 100%" bullshit

i dont care

i dont like albrighton,i dont like albrighton kind of players

even thou Gray has done nothing,except being kid who thinks he is pro,but he is not for sure,we all know he can do something.as for albrighton he is what he is and he will never be more than that.

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's quite easy for me, Gray is one of those young players in our squad that has massive potential and is an exciting player which there's very few of. I understand previously why he hasn't had that many starts, the players getting in ahead of him were more consistent and proven so it's tough. Plus his cameos and the starts he did have he was invariably not that good. However this season Albrighton has been a mess, he had a great first half vs Arsenal but since then he's been very poor and is getting worse. It's in these instances where Gray simply has to be given a chance and a run of games, otherwise it's not fair and we might as well fcuk him off. Plus he's looked bright this season, he was superb in the 2nd half vs Sheffield Utd and had a decent game vs Liverpool this week and is once again in very good form for England U21's. It's only right he now gets given a go. If Shakespeare is worried that both he and Mahrez can't both start in a 4-4-2 then change systems because right now Albrighton is offering us very little and we aren't creating anywhere near enough chances to score goals. Gray and Mahrez either side of Vardy or Iheanacho would be interesting, likewise deploying two deep lying defensive midfielders with Gray, Okazaki and Mahrez operating behind Vardy or Iheanacho could bring an extra attacking impetus. It won't be good enough to just continue to ignore Gray, it's this type of handling of our young players that riles me and is a big problem in why we find it so difficult to develop a team that isn't made up of the majority of the title winning side that's been here for long years.

Agree fully. I think Gray should start on Saturday but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he doesn't.

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's quite easy for me, Gray is one of those young players in our squad that has massive potential and is an exciting player which there's very few of. I understand previously why he hasn't had that many starts, the players getting in ahead of him were more consistent and proven so it's tough. Plus his cameos and the starts he did have he was invariably not that good. However this season Albrighton has been a mess, he had a great first half vs Arsenal but since then he's been very poor and is getting worse. It's in these instances where Gray simply has to be given a chance and a run of games, otherwise it's not fair and we might as well fcuk him off. Plus he's looked bright this season, he was superb in the 2nd half vs Sheffield Utd and had a decent game vs Liverpool this week and is once again in very good form for England U21's. It's only right he now gets given a go. If Shakespeare is worried that both he and Mahrez can't both start in a 4-4-2 then change systems because right now Albrighton is offering us very little and we aren't creating anywhere near enough chances to score goals. Gray and Mahrez either side of Vardy or Iheanacho would be interesting, likewise deploying two deep lying defensive midfielders with Gray, Okazaki and Mahrez operating behind Vardy or Iheanacho could bring an extra attacking impetus. It won't be good enough to just continue to ignore Gray, it's this type of handling of our young players that riles me and is a big problem in why we find it so difficult to develop a team that isn't made up of the majority of the title winning side that's been here for long years.

But isn't that basically how we'd line up in a 442 with Mahrez and Gray...?

1 hour ago, shen said:

But isn't that basically how we'd line up in a 442 with Mahrez and Gray...?

It is, but Ndidi has been asked to try and stay further up pitch at times and it's not helped his game. You could argue the formation is no different to 4-4-1-1 but with two proper attacking wingers rather than Albrighton being in there to add extra protection.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Agree fully. I think Gray should start on Saturday but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he doesn't.

Tomorrow would be a better game for him, with Liverpool's high offensive line - allowing him the opportunity to either run behind their midfield or provide the ball to Vardy etc.

8 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Said it plenty of times before, been laughed at every time. Gray has potential to be just as good as mahrez prem title season. 

He needs to start games over Mahrez, Mahrez is a luxury player we can't always afford. 

He'll never be a pfa player of the year, but right now he could be a better option than Mahrez

• Like 2