Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

5 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Why does everyone on this forum seem to hate Spurs?? There the only club in the top 6 that seem to have much faith in English players (which people have been calling out the top 6 sides for not having much for years) and everyone just gives them shit for it? I wish Leicester's success was built on in a similar way to Spurs and not the mess we have managed since the summer of 2016

I admire what they've done.  I resent their fans for their attitude to our winning the pl.

I am apprrhensive for tuesday.  We need to concentrate like we did against city... but we need to score 2  or 3

Gray has quality but he doesn’t show it often enough in the game some of his passes are School boy like, he has an amazing first touch bringing crosses down on his toes but he doesn’t do that nearly enough!!

Hes whines about not getting game time he’s got what he wants now he needs to show us he can do the quality all the game not just 2 min here and there the lad really needs to sort himself out !!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Why does everyone on this forum seem to hate Spurs?? There the only club in the top 6 that seem to have much faith in English players (which people have been calling out the top 6 sides for not having much for years) and everyone just gives them shit for it? I wish Leicester's success was built on in a similar way to Spurs and not the mess we have managed since the summer of 2016

Because it's Spurs. Admittedly if one of the big six had to win. I'd chose them or dare I say it Liverpool just because it would be good to mix it up a bit. Spurs have done incredibly well to be where they are with their wage bill. Conversely wouldn't want them to win a cup. Would seem a bit unfair with wembley being home

9 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

If you need to ask then you must have been in a coma for the last 5 years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

If you need to ask then you must have been in a coma for the last 5 years.

Make that the last 30 years for those that can remember when even then they had delusions of grandeur, self proclaiming themselves as being part of a 'big 5'. The others being Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd and Everton back in the eighties.

Spurs = Entitled cvnts.

• Like 2

Thought he was ok last night. Like Mahrez, just needs to learn that he's a part of a team, and that variation in his game will ultimately breed more success (and make him a better player). At least he has the excuse of inexperience, high I'm not sure Riyad does any more.

Edited by sdb

10 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Spurs as Daniel Levy as DoF.  We have Jon Rudkin.  So we can never be similar Tottenham.

I have to grudgingly admit to an admiration for the way in which Spurs are managed from top to bottom as a club, and which makes Leicester look somewhat amateurish in comparison. There is no way in which Daniel Levy would reside over such a fiasco that was the Adrien Silva signing. This criticism is not aimed directly at the owners, but I do believe that they would be better served by recruiting someone of Levy's stature and then being able to begin to address other weaknesses in the club structure.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I can think of lots of reasons for hating Spurs. A 'local jobs for local people' policy does nothing to counter any of them.

He will start the next game and rightfully so. People are expecting results over night. Shitty behavior from yeasterday aside he's a key player of this team and Puel made him one of his starters. Deal with it.

Gray and Mahrez can work, they just need to behave like pros. 

• Like 2

He's yet to demonstrate that he deserves a regular starting place. That's not to say that he won't, but yesterday didn't advance his cause, especially the lapses in professionalism - one of which cost him a silly booking, the other of which may have cost us a goalscoring opportunity.

But yes, of course the pair of them can work. For what little it's worth, I wouldn't necessarily drop the both of them, but I would be tempted to give them a slap on the wrist and ask them to work on their understanding in training, maybe even for half an hour in the u23s, or one of these indoor friendlies we've set up for Silva.

12 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Because a few of their fans once sang Leicester we're coming for you. It's ridiculous.

This is his season, to prove he can find consistency and become automatic top 12 (not top 16),

or even automatic 1st choice. He will have his great/good/avg/poor days and moments.

His performances depends also how the team play and feed him.

He should of been put in by Mahrez..not once but twice..visa versa Gray could and should have

reacted quicker in putting Vardy and Mahrez through.......

City are creating those moves and chances, so I wont go into any moaning rant, like some.

If we had been 50% clinical in those 1st 30minutes, result ,pan out of the game, Mahrez and Grays

influence, would of taken on another perspective...Its frustrating but under a new manager I expect

some mishits on/over  60-90 minutes performances...

Gray, for me....He has Carte Blanche this season.If he holds his 1st choice position through this season,

I will start to judge his ethic and with team/individual performances and attitude after another 12-15 games.

Like all new season starters, he deserves a chance a run in the team...before we go OTT with the plaudits/negative

critic..Like every player they have to find their own balance, when the chance comes ,Gray has just started his journey.

lets be honest, both he and Mahrez, if they are not smiling, their natural facial mimic and expressions, make them

always look upset/disappointed or depressed over something...So its easy for onlookers to make judgements.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

This is his season, to prove he can find consistency and become automatic top 12 (not top 16),

or even automatic 1st choice. He will have his great/good/avg/poor days and moments.

His performances depends also how the team play and feed him.

He should of been put in by Mahrez..not once but twice..visa versa Gray could and should have

reacted quicker in putting Vardy and Mahrez through.......

City are creating those moves and chances, so I wont go into any moaning rant, like some.

If we had been 50% clinical in those 1st 30minutes, result ,pan out of the game, Mahrez and Grays

influence, would of taken on another perspective...Its frustrating but under a new manager I expect

some mishits on/over  60-90 minutes performances...

Gray, for me....He has Carte Blanche this season.If he holds his 1st choice position through this season,

I will start to judge his ethic and with team/individual performances and attitude after another 12-15 games.

Like all new season starters, he deserves a chance a run in the team...before we go OTT with the plaudits/negative

critic..Like every player they have to find their own balance, when the chance comes ,Gray has just started his journey.

lets be honest, both he and Mahrez, if they are not smiling, their natural facial mimic and expressions, make them

always look upset/disappointed or depressed over something...So its easy for onlookers to make judgements.

Always thought the same until the reaction Gray made last night after Mahrez didnt pass to him. Reminded me of my son when he was about 3 and i'd told him he wasnt having any more sweets.  Stamping his feet and throwing his arms in the air, so childish and did not do him any favours at all. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Always thought the same until the reaction Gray made last night after Mahrez didnt pass to him. Reminded me of my son when he was about 3 and i'd told him he wasnt having any more sweets.  Stamping his feet and throwing his arms in the air, so childish and did not do him any favours at all. 

Yup..but Gray and the team deserved and expected that pass   , we've seen Vardy or other strikers in the past get upset,

when 100% obvious passes were not made. So Why shouldnt Gray    want his sweet.. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Yup..but Gray and the team deserved and expected that pass   , we've seen Vardy or other strikers in the past get upset,

when 100% obvious passes were not made. So Why shouldnt Gray    want his sweet.. 

I do agree with you and i can imagine as a footballer you are going to be pretty pissed if you see the goal and the pass doesnt come. But ive never seen Vardy stamp his feet and throw his arms in the air like a kid.

Maybe i'm reading too much into it, but to me it just screamed 'i want i want attitude' Perhaps if he had played alot better after that incident and actually did what he is paid for, i wouldn't be so hooked up on it. Gray & Mahrez were just pants last night :( 

• Like 2