Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Daniel Amartey

City fans love a scape goat 

i think virtually ever player has been slated and blamed at sometime , Fcuking pathetic ,

there was so fool near me yesterday screaming and kicking his chair like a 5yo that's had his sweets taken off him ! Trying to be 'ard man from lestah , " Mahrez you Cvnt , Vardy you lazy fcuk, amerty you useless **** " he nearly got through the whole team  , and then King missed a glorious shot "well done Kingy" .... I couldn't believe it lol , maybe he wants to be bossing league One again lol 

quite honestly , the only man responsible for the slump away from home is Claudio , he needs to mix it up and needs to do it quick ....I trust him to sort it out , but right now he is hanging sime players out to dry , not deliberately but by just leaving them over exposed 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dayday said:

My concern is whether Ranieri can get the right players in as at the moment recruitment wise we look worse with a supposedly strengthened side.

Reverse that , my concern is the manager isn't able to pin point how to get the best out of the quality players he has signed , once he works it out , and he will we will be fine, it  Takes Time to blend a winning team with so many new parts to accommodate. 

• Like 1

For a big lump, he seems a bit timid - seems to notice stuff a few second to late and run over  as the ball is being played, doesn't seem very confident on the ball and wants rid as soon as he gets get it but it's always a sideways pass.

A better option than King, but not good enough at this point and these tonkings are probably not helping his confidence 

Here's a curve ball

Play Okazaki with Drinkwater in the role behind Slimani and Vardy

He has energy and it looks likes it hurts him when we lose.

Did you see his face after Chelsea game, it looked like his world had been crushed ?

As for Amartey, he's 21 and still learning, give the kid a chance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Reverse that , my concern is the manager isn't able to pin point how to get the best out of the quality players he has signed , once he works it out , and he will we will be fine, it  Takes Time to blend a winning team with so many new parts to accommodate. 

Whilst I agree with you to a point with our wingers and forwards.

Our  centre backs are getting no younger and the jury is out with Hernandez.

We don't have another recognised natural right back, and the midfield is a big issue .

They are my concerns, and off my head I'm struggling to find a good signing from Ranieri up to now.

• Like 1

Anybody suggesting our midfield is 'not that bad', just watch yesterday's highlights back. First half, wave after wave after wave of Utd attacks, walking through the midfield, running through it. It was four and could easily have been 6 or 7.

Washford blazing wide, Ibra blazing over etc...it was an absolute drubbing.

Second half, very different based upon having the extra bloke in the centre and of course, Utd had stopped playing basically.

And if you watch back, also focus on how much difference Gray AND Schlupp actually made going forward.

Edited by Col city fan

Guest CityFan 06

I like Amartey and he's got the attributes to be excellent for us, he's shown his qualities against Swansea where, for me, he was outstanding. 

Considering he's only 21 I think he does well to play at such a high level of football for the first time in England. If he does seem to struggle against the top sides that's understandable, it's adjustment. But I definitely think he is a talent who will only continue to get better with the club and his teammates.

He wasn't actually that bad yesterday. One big error. The back 4 made several each. 

Yeah he was overrun at times but bear in mind he's up against an extra man all the time. Yesterday their midfield 3 were worth a combined £150m +. He's not going to boss it. Even you know who couldn't in the later game yesterday. And he's the best in the world in that position. And he was playing in a 3!

• Like 1

Amartey has been inconsistent, maybe lack of experience or taking time to settle in the team.

Yesterday he was in 'no mans land' too often,unable to make a challenge.

It is clear that against the better teams away an extra body in midfield is needed,particularly as most play a variation on 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 with 3 in the middle.

Amartey has shown promise in other games and will be a decent prospect if he can iron out the inconsistency,show better awareness and concentration. 

Incredible that people are seeking out Amartey. Apart from their three set piece goals, Huth and Morgan ran into each other for the second leaving Mata free.

Not a knee jerk reaction, just a statement that there were far worse players yesterday, mainly along the back four.

I think he is a good player who can develop into an excellent one. He probably isn't going to be able to play his role in a two but that's not a criticism of him particularly; just an acknowledgement that he isn't Kante. But not many are. Kante was extraordinary last season.

One game he's brilliant, the next he's out of his depth, or so some people would have us believe.

Clearly he needs to learn his trade. Playing regularly for the champions at his age is going to be tough. How many other players of his age are putting in top performances every week for huge sides? Not too many I'd bet. But we're playing him because he's better than everybody else who's currently available. Maybe that will change when Mendy's fit.

I think we need a system change to protect Amartey in the big games. His confidence must be taking a bashing being the scapegoat for every game we get hammered in.

Edited by ALC Fox

38 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Incredible that people are seeking out Amartey. Apart from their three set piece goals, Huth and Morgan ran into each other for the second leaving Mata free.

Not a knee jerk reaction, just a statement that there were far worse players yesterday, mainly along the back four.

This ! 

It would have made no difference if we would have played 3,4 or 5 in midfield yesterday.

3 of the goals came from set pieces simple as.

Thats where the problem was.

All this talk about should we change formation is irrelevant if you cant get the basics right and defend from corners.

Edited by themightyfin

He is 21 years old....still learning the position....not sure what people expect....to me he has huge potential and we should be mindful of making a scapegoat for every defeat. If you want to find one then it is the manager who picks him knowing he is learning .....and I actually think Claudia knows what he is doing !

I disagree on the formation as I think it had a bigger impact yesterday ...yes the goals were set pieces but they came from presure when the first went in and not controlling the game for the next 10 to 15 minutes. I do believe that United away yesterday should have been a 4 3 3 which became 4 5 1 without the ball !!

• Like 1

I said on the Post match thread yesterday, the lad is a good player on his day.

When we're the side dominating, the side in control he is a bloody good player. He was incredible against Swansea, he did everything we wanted from him and rightfully he deserved the MOTM award. Against Burnley he wasn't as effective but he still played well, he got caught on the ball a couple of times but they were his only mistakes in that game. Yesterday even, for the first 25 minutes we were the better side, for those 25 minutes he did nothing wrong, he was getting stuck in and when on the ball he was fine.

Now just like Liverpool, Man Utd scored their first goal and the game completely turned around. Pogba & Mata were seeing plenty of the ball and they pressured us, just like Liverpool, Amartey then couldn't cope with the pressure United were putting on, his positional sense was all over the place and he started ball watching. When the big teams start to put pressure on, he simply can't handle it, he then leaves the defense exposed and more than likely the opposition score or at least create a chance.

The outcome is simple, don't play 4-4-2 against the big teams. We have Chelsea & Spurs coming up away from home, if we go 4-4-2 for those games we'll get destroyed. 4-4-2 will still work in some games, there's no need to revert to 4-3-3 all the time or a fancy 4-1-2-1-2 or something like that.

Our next league game is Southampton at home and in all honesty I'd stick with 4-4-2, I'd even stick with Amartey partnering Drinky, until Amartey comes unstuck against a midtable team at home, I'd stick with Amartey & Drinkwater as our cental midfield pairing.

• Like 4

We can't have players that are only good against weak/mediocre teams. For me they are the worst . They are like the middle school bullies. huff and puff and flex on the little kids but against the "big dogs" they get eaten alive. because all they are good for is bullying little kids

Edited by the fox

7 hours ago, SpinneyHillRanger said:

he was at fault for the mata goal... not closing down pogba or mata.... and his general play istoo standoffish.... never really gets stuck in like mr kante did. His passes are usually sideways and slows down our momentum. DD and Kante would either drive forward or pass quickly forward.

You have got lost in the headiness of the title....Kante and DD often passed and moved sideways, then when the

space was made drive forward, and yes they took more responsibilty for seeing the movement and drives

Forward were instigated..but not planned, we were opportunistic when it opened up.our pace lent to it.

Look at DD in his 1st years by us, he had to go through a learning phase with the team, before

he found his own level.How many on here questioned his ability, then like many he exploded and found his game, not seasons ago.!!!!

Amartey is just starting out, he will progress better if he had both DD and Mendy around him.

We have to invest time with him, we have seen he has skill and potential, but like always

its the player who needs to grab the chance, and we need to show patience.

On yesterday , col made a valid point, where he was standing in space while defending

seemingly not knowing what to do, and ran alongside his opposition, and not committing,

to defend against the attacking playing driving forward.

DD or Morgan should of picked him up on that and that is where we are too timid as a "team"

Our vets are not pulling along the youngsters, Schlupp had the same problem...

We play a very attacking formation with three out and out attackers (Vardy, Slim and Mahrez). Plus another winger in Albrighton. In modern football that's a risk and even more so away from home. We managed it last year as we had formula that both surprised and frustrated other teams. It's not available again this season for many reasons so we need to tactically move-on. Blaming Amartey for it all is naive in the least. He needs to positionally improve yes, but it's the managers job to find the new formula. So let's lay off this lad and demand Claudio steps up with his tactical acumen.

• Like 2