Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Daniel Amartey

27 minutes ago, Grewks said:

But when people point out facts, like Ranieri is looking out of his depth, they're labelled Ranieri haters?

Not by me. There seems to be people on here that act like others cannot criticize at a.. "Witchhunt", "hater" etc have been pointed at me across this weekend just for pointing out facts.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Not by me. There seems to be people on here that act like others cannot criticize at a.. "Witchhunt", "hater" etc have been pointed at me across this weekend just for pointing out facts.

Just seems strange that Amartey is getting criticised for appearing out of his depth at times, yet the guy responsible for him playing, is not getting the criticism he deserves. The fact Ranieri has got it wrong for 4 of our 8 games this season is for some reason, not up for discussion.

• Like 1

It is way too early to critisize amarty.  Although he's been on our books for a year this is his first run in our team.... and his first experience of pl football.  To make this change he needs to adjust and as he nakes errors he can be coached to correct them. He is strong and brings height. .. i suspect he can become a great midfielder... so give him time..  and give ranieri time  to orchestrate this change.  I would love it to be instantaneous... but we'll just have to be patient

Edited by foxinsocks

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

How about the Liverpool performance? 

The Liverpool performance was as bad as yesterday. All this 'he's a kid, give him time' stuff is scary. We may give him time and find ourselves plunging down the table.

Individually Amartey worries me so much. His awareness of what's going on around him is not good enough for this standard of football. I can see it a mile off.

I hope for two things from this situation. Firstly, that he picks up the pace of the Prem quickly. Mentally.

Secondly that if he IS played a lot, then Ranieri helps him out by sitting him behind two more advanced midfielders. That's by far his best position.

Playing the kid away from home in a 442 is tantamount to suicidal football. As 8 goals in two games indicates.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

How about the Liverpool performance? 

1-0: Mahrez doesn't track back enough on his side, great ball in by Milner, Amartey doesn't track back well enough to disturb Firmino, a somewhat comical mix-up by Huth and Morgan in the middle allows Firmino to get past two defenders in our four-man back-line to slot in from close range

2-0: Our back four are way too much near the halfway line, Huth and particularly Morgan's appearance that much up front cancels our back line with their positioning, Fuchs doesn't keep an eye on his opposing player, we've got a 2v1 situation in the back, goal.

3-1: Three to four players (Drinkwater, Fuchs, Huth, Morgan) in a defensive mix-up are suddenly all committed Sturridge, our defense once more doesn't maintain a straight line, one pass is enough to cut through, Wijnaldum is taken care of by Morgan or Huth or Morgan and Huth (not that they'd know), neither Drinkwater nor Fuchs take care of Lallana, goal (although quite a well-taken one from that angle, you have to admit).

4-1: Huth as well as Morgan don't track back fast enough (once Liverpool's attack in their own half starts, they're both still near their box), Drinkwater loses the ball against two Liverpool players, Mahrez doesn't help out well enough (a bit too sloppy for my liking), one long ground pass is all it takes to bridge our midfield and defense and then Schmeichel has a howler in a 1v1

Again, what's that got to do with the formation? If at all, blame it on our suddenly mistake-prone back four.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Starting a thread to single one lad out when there were a half dozen worse performances than his is a little hating and witch hunting 

50 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

1-0: Mahrez doesn't track back enough on his side, great ball in by Milner, Amartey doesn't track back well enough to disturb Firmino, a somewhat comical mix-up by Huth and Morgan in the middle allows Firmino to get past two defenders in our four-man back-line to slot in from close range

2-0: Our back four are way too much near the halfway line, Huth and particularly Morgan's appearance that much up front cancels our back line with their positioning, Fuchs doesn't keep an eye on his opposing player, we've got a 2v1 situation in the back, goal.

3-1: Three to four players (Drinkwater, Fuchs, Huth, Morgan) in a defensive mix-up are suddenly all committed Sturridge, our defense once more doesn't maintain a straight line, one pass is enough to cut through, Wijnaldum is taken care of by Morgan or Huth or Morgan and Huth (not that they'd know), neither Drinkwater nor Fuchs take care of Lallana, goal (although quite a well-taken one from that angle, you have to admit).

4-1: Huth as well as Morgan don't track back fast enough (once Liverpool's attack in their own half starts, they're both still near their box), Drinkwater loses the ball against two Liverpool players, Mahrez doesn't help out well enough (a bit too sloppy for my liking), one long ground pass is all it takes to bridge our midfield and defense and then Schmeichel has a howler in a 1v1

Again, what's that got to do with the formation? If at all, blame it on our suddenly mistake-prone back four.

Huth and Morgan looking very exposed this season 

maybe it's the lack of cover , or maybe the quality of the opposition has improved 

but we need a fast mobile and strong CB this January and we need to break the bank for a proven option , not Michael Keane for 20m !

Edited by GaelicFox

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

The Liverpool performance was as bad as yesterday. All this 'he's a kid, give him time' stuff is scary. We may give him time and find ourselves plunging down the table.

Individually Amartey worries me so much. His awareness of what's going on around him is not good enough for this standard of football. I can see it a mile off.

I hope for two things from this situation. Firstly, that he picks up the pace of the Prem quickly. Mentally.

Secondly that if he IS played a lot, then Ranieri helps him out by sitting him behind two more advanced midfielders. That's by far his best position.

Playing the kid away from home in a 442 is tantamount to suicidal football. As 8 goals in two games indicates.

If Amartey.....

a) Needs time and isn't ready yet.

and

b) Needs the system to be adapted in order to be fully effective

Why is Ranieri not being criticized? Both of the above are his fault.

Mendy has been injured and we tried to sign silva! You tubing Mendy yesterday he seems much much stronger than amartey and his passing percentages are very high! Amartey isn't ready yet and wouldn't be playing if Mendy was fit or silva had been signed. Our only other option is Andy King and he's poor

Edited by Heymister2015

Amartey is the main weak link in this formation against sides like Man Utd & Liverpool but it isn't remotely surprising because he's being given the responsibility of our best player last season, and he just isn't that.

I can forgive Ranieri doing it at Liverpool, and after how well Vardy & Slimani played last weekend I can forgive him trying it again, but given it's backfired massively twice in games away at big sides I will be very concerned if he plays it at Chelsea. Hopefully by then we'll have Mendy back.

We've been very hit and miss this season. I don't buy that we're in any relegation danger, but we're definitely not performing at the level we should be away from home. Our away performances so far have been a disgrace. I would go as far as saying all three were worse than anything served up in the whole of 2014/15, and that season we spent nearly six months bottom of the table.

But I think he'll have a trick up his sleeve. He did last year and I think he will again. I will concede we look under-prepared though.

• Like 3

CR will know he got it wrong, I'm sure, and will probably be hoping Mendy gets back soon. Because I think that Mendy would have done better in these difficult games, because he has played in big games before. 

In hindsight a safety first approach at Anfield and OT was the way to go, and a bit more Shinji would have helped Amartey as much as anyone. Amartey is still a great prospect, but we would have been hoping to be ease him in to the first team, over time.

22 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Apparently mendy twisted his ankle again - amartey going to be needed as first choice for a while yet 

I don't know about getting rid of Amartey - seems to me he needs more help than chastisement - but I might get rid of Mendy. He's sounding like a sicknote already and i've not been that impressed when he had two fit legs to run on. 

Could be wrong, of course, and I'll happily admit it if needs be.  But some people just aren't suited to the rigours of Premiership football and he might be one.

Either way he's no good to us at the moment so we need to make contingency plans PDQ.      

1 minute ago, Thracian said:

I don't know about getting rid of Amartey - seems to me he needs more help than chastisement - but I might get rid of Mendy. He's sounding like a sicknote already and i've not been that impressed when he had two fit legs to run on. 

Could be wrong, of course, and I'll happily admit it if needs be.  But some people just aren't suited to the rigours of Premiership football and he might be one.

Either way he's no good to us at the moment so we need to make contingency plans PDQ.      

Our failure to bring in another CM in the summer is looking all the more obvious if the above is the case. The only conclusion I can come to about Mendy having seen so little is that he isnt a typical DM - his stats from previous seasons show this much. It was an odd transfer thats for sure - as discussed before seems more likely that CR wanted to change the way we played through the middle perhaps realising Kante was a one off.

Get on the blower to Sissoko ASAP :ph34r:

Everyone goes on about Pogba`s physicality as a central midfielder but IMO Amartey can match and surpass him on that part of his game. Amartey is rapid, decent in the air but to me everytime I see him play seems to lack belief in his own ability and in scared to go for it.

He just seems to jockey into position to make the opposition pass around him but he doesnt seem to want to risk tackling for the ball in case they go past him. Every time he passes the ball it looks like he is composed but I cant remember him attempting a ball more than 15 yards as again you get the feeling he doesnt want to risk messing up. Hopefully he gains confidence in the role and in the team but I want him to take a few more chances and lunge into a few more challenges. I dont mind him picking up a few bookings in making his mark and showing some real commitment in that position and he needs to be brave. Its the same as shooting. At times he has been around the box and always looks for a 10-15 yard pass. Take some chances Dan!!!!

IMO, he has the raw attributes for the role but needs game time. He had played under 80 league games before we bought him to England and had played in a few positions. He has managed 10 games for Ghana now but when we put it into perspective is more than he has played for us. Lets see how he goes come January. If he doesnt seem to be quite what we need (as is at the moment) then a club with our stature should look for a ready made replacement. I personally would like him loaned out to see how he develops though. He is currently learning the hard way and I feel for players like this who is kept in the reserves as a utility player and never masters his position. Anyway, Im jumping the gun but hope we dont have the need to loan him out because he performs so well for us!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Grewks said:

So a manager which has been found tactically wanting in 50% of his games this season, isn't out of his depth?

How about someone who has lost only 6 of their last 44 and won the league with a bunch of rejects... they out of their depth? 

There is no issue pointing out Ranieri has had a bit of a 'mare this season so far Just like pointing out Amartey has struggled against the top teams in the league. What there are issues with, are people saying "Ranieri is out of his depth" or "Amartey is the worst midfielder I've seen" and so on. Ridiculous over reactions.

9 minutes ago, crazyleicester said:

Everyone goes on about Pogba`s physicality as a central midfielder but IMO Amartey can match and surpass him on that part of his game. Amartey is rapid, decent in the air but to me everytime I see him play seems to lack belief in his own ability and in scared to go for it.

He just seems to jockey into position to make the opposition pass around him but he doesnt seem to want to risk tackling for the ball in case they go past him. Every time he passes the ball it looks like he is composed but I cant remember him attempting a ball more than 15 yards as again you get the feeling he doesnt want to risk messing up. Hopefully he gains confidence in the role and in the team but I want him to take a few more chances and lunge into a few more challenges. I dont mind him picking up a few bookings in making his mark and showing some real commitment in that position and he needs to be brave. Its the same as shooting. At times he has been around the box and always looks for a 10-15 yard pass. Take some chances Dan!!!!

IMO, he has the raw attributes for the role but needs game time. He had played under 80 league games before we bought him to England and had played in a few positions. He has managed 10 games for Ghana now but when we put it into perspective is more than he has played for us. Lets see how he goes come January. If he doesnt seem to be quite what we need (as is at the moment) then a club with our stature should look for a ready made replacement. I personally would like him loaned out to see how he develops though. He is currently learning the hard way and I feel for players like this who is kept in the reserves as a utility player and never masters his position. Anyway, Im jumping the gun but hope we dont have the need to loan him out because he performs so well for us!

I've never gotten this fascination with Pogba's physicality. I always thought he played a bit more of a slow tempo, technical game rather than being physically dominant, even if he does have the height.