Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Daniel Amartey

He appears to be getting more stuck-in now and more aware/involved.

Although it's hard to pass judgement based on one rare game performance.

However, it seemed yesterday that he has improved on some of the weaknesses done by him last season.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

He appears to be getting more stuck-in now and more awaew/involved.

Although it's hard to pass judgement based on one rare game performance.

However, it seemed yesterday that he has improved on some of the weaknesses done by him last season.

Much more involved totally. But how much more ‘awaew’ Hmm that’s a tough one :P

As I've said for eternity he is a good player and should be one of the players we build the team around going forward. Amartey, Ndidi, Maguire, Chilwell, Gray, Nacho etc...what an excellent group of young players we have.

Biggest difference for me was how confident he looked. Confident when defending that he’d get to the ball first and had his opponent beat and for the first time I’ve seen, looked confident on the ball and driving forwards with it. Usually he just plays it simple. 

Given we beat Swansea, Simpson will start but Amartey’s performance was so good you’d say he deserves another start. 

Needs to play to this level more consistently and he’ll win us all over. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, F1_AN said:

How did he not even make the bench after his game against Leeds?

Good point - was there really any need to have Nacho, Slim and Okazaki on the bench with no room for Amartey? 

He either must have a niggle or Puel doesn't rate him (or Puel wanted the option to switch to 2-4-4 perhaps)

4 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Good point - was there really any need to have Nacho, Slim and Okazaki on the bench with no room for Amartey? 

He either must have a niggle or Puel doesn't rate him (or Puel wanted the option to switch to 2-4-4 perhaps)

It's harsh considering he played well but understandable. I'd prefer more attacking options than defensive ones. We already had another full back on the pitch we could drop back in an emergency and Dragovic looks an accomplished CB.

Reality is we have a very large squad and we're going to have decent players missing out each week. We had Amartey, James, Silva, Huth, Benny, Jakupović (presuming he's a real person), Musa, Leo to add to our squad on Sunday.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Depends what you want from your bench, are you planning for potential injuries or planning to maybe need changes to help win a game?

We were discussing this as a group yesterday, having Amartey on the Bench for us means, he can go on at RB/CB or CM if really needed, meaning you can then have 3 or 4 forward options on the bench.

On 10/25/2017 at 05:22, vanity said:

Your point doesn't strike me as inconsistent with mine, as Amartey seemed to distort this strategy with excessively conservative inside positioning. My observation has been his past positioning -- including earlier this season, without Huth -- was well narrower than Danny Simpson, not to mention his counterpart at LB on the field. In the past, this asymmetry in defending has allowed far more space on the RW for wings seeking space for crosses than we allow on the LW, and I have seen him exhorted to get wider while on the field by teammates. Anecdotally, this has always struck me a lack of comfort and experience playing at RB -- almost like he was playing RCB, not RB. IDK if Uganda plays 3-at-the-back, or perhaps Copenhagen, or if it was just his own personal idiosyncracy, but it is very difficult to me to attribute this to a function of the defense unless he wasn't trusted and received different instructions from Simpson.

What have Uganda got to do with it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Foxin hell said:

lol You actually hate him

I'm asking the question, why would anyone be bothered that Amartey wasn't even benched when a. Simpson looked perfectly fine and b. We gave a pretty much exemplary defensive display as a team?

This was also a side where two 'youthful prospects' (Chillers and Gray) actually WERE playing  (ie. Puel gives chances to younger players).

What are you advocating? Dropping Simpson to get Amartey in as RB or Iborra to get him in at CM?

You tell me....?

15 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Depends what you want from your bench, are you planning for potential injuries or planning to maybe need changes to help win a game?

We were discussing this as a group yesterday, having Amartey on the Bench for us means, he can go on at RB/CB or CM if really needed, meaning you can then have 3 or 4 forward options on the bench.

I suppose they have to take a few things into account but Amartey can slot in in a few positions (good reason to be on the bench) plus against Leeds he was excellent. Find that particular exclusion puzzling

3 minutes ago, F1_AN said:

I guess albrighton could slot in at right back in an emergency plus he is an attacking option too. Maybe unless Simpson gets injured or is out of form Daniel sits in the wings 

I think you've answered the question. Albrighton can play RB and can play far more effectively if we revert to a rwb

3 hours ago, Wdywd said:

Word on the street was that he was impressive in the interview because of how much he knew the squad tbf.

I still cannot believe how long we stuck with the exact same players in the exact same formation before this weekend though. It's amazing. Puel comes in, only actually makes like two changes and it feels like he's some off the wall maverick lol

Which street? Nobody seems to be talking about it on mine.

13 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Am I missing something here? Amartey has been played at RB before and was average, he has one good game against Leeds reserves and suddenly he is as good an option as probably our most consistent player over the past year or so in Simpson.

No you're missing nowt. It's FT