Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Daniel Amartey

5 minutes ago, Koke said:

Is it just me who thought the first yellow was harsh? 

Stupid to clatter Rashford like that when you are on a yellow though.

I thought it was harsh. Young kind of just ran across him, he didn't even stick a leg out. Bit harsh as a yellow for me.

About sums up his footballing brain that second one though. Stupid.

Worth noting Drinkwater had not even played a prem game until he was about 23, He done well in the championship, then was absolutely AVERAGE in our survival season. 

Give Amartey time, he's not on a huge wage, is young and has been played in multiple positions, in and out of the side. He's not cost us much and cant be on a big wage.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I think he's prem standard, just not top 8 standard pushing for top 6. 

Who knows though, he's been all over the shop from CM, CDM, CB and RB. Maybe he's just a slow developer, given time he could be decent, he's only what 23?

Are people STILL doing this?

Really?

Just now, Col city fan said:

Really?

He's not a great player but there are worse players than him in the PL. Amartey could play for Brighton or Newcastle, but he isn't good enough for us.

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Really?

He's played 30 appearances in the prem, 24 of them last season where the whole team was crap. He's had absolutely no consistent position since he's been here, he's had 3 managers in the time he's been here. He's put in some fine performances and some terrible ones. People said the same about Vardy, they said the same about Morgan survival season, they said the same about Gray. He's 23 and relatively cheap.

Edited by cityfanlee23

First yellow was harsh, second was straight up dead headed and lazy.

Problem is its been two years and he'd not developed at all. Looks like he's got a good personality when you see him in Club media and you can still see potential in him but he's not delivered anything for us since an equaliser against Stoke over a year ago.

2 years here and failed to convince 3 managers that he has a place in the side either at RB or CM.

Simpson gets injured and he responds to his big chance to play a few games by doing that. RB must be on the shopping list in Jan, or CP promotes from the academy. Amartey can't be relied upon and we can't go on with just Simpson.

Square peg in a round hole. Will do silly things against an outfit with quality. By all accounts his best position is CB. Let him go somewhere at a level he can compete. I really think we have some rubbish in this squad that needs offloading. I expect a busy window. I honestly think Claude doesn't rate much outside the usual 15-16 names who have started matches.