Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Daniel Amartey

30 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Did anyone just notice something on the Match of the Day highlights?

Amartey did make one vital contribution - he kept running back on the Lingard chance that hit the post and was close enough to make him decide to go for the corner.

Was still foolish to get himself sent off.

Yeah, thought the same. Nowhere near as bad a player as some are saying, but like you say, silly second yellow.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Maybe so but that isn't going to happen here, and it doesn't change the fact we need an RB we can rely on as back up.

No I agree, we need to add what we have struggled to do, recruit quality in certain areas to improve us, to many mediocre players brought in over the past few windows.

Amartey maybe one for the future, but we need quality for now as well 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Some of the self aggrandising pats on the backs here are laughable. Do you really care if your opinions on a player are seen by others as 'right' or 'wrong'?

I think it's fair to say Amartey is a limited footballer who tries hard and made terrible decisions in this evening's game. He's certainly not the best player to pull on the shirt, but he's not the worst either.

I don't understand some people's need to form such a black and white view on our players.

Looks like certain people almost enjoyed watching him make those mistakes so they could say "I told you so".

• Like 4

I was really rooting for him to do well when he finally got a chance after doing well in the League Cup, but that was pretty shocking. Not just getting sent off but in looking pretty shaky generally. We actually looked better after he went off.

Can’t see him coming back from that now, not with the window so close. Perhaps loan him out to a lower PL club and see what happens.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

After seeing the replays I'd say the first was really harsh but the second was definitely a yellow. 

Although it was stupid I think some people in here are being a bit harsh on the guy. It wasn't as moronic as N'didi' s red last week and everyone moved on from that pretty quickly so let's cut him the same slack... 

Pogba should have walked in the first half and got away with murder. 0 consistency from the ref. Although we all knew that would happen 

• Like 2

Very rash and clearly off the speed of the game. Simpson was being destroyed by Martials pace and skill but knew this so just kept good positional shape and made it tough, Amartey just flew in and they drew the cheap fouls. 

Shame, as never like to see any Leicester player struggle, but that could be it for him.

Edited by berniethebolt

9 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I say once more, if this was Simpson who had stupidly got himself sent off so quickly today, he would have none of this level of understanding from forum members.

It remains incredible the lack of parity of opinion that is afforded to different players, on here.

I guess that's all I'm seeking most of the time. Just equity.

Amartey was a total tit head for making that second challenge today, having just been booked.

It was inexcusable, so stop trying to.

Because you e always been fair and never had an agenda about any players... no no no. 

lol

9 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I say once more, if this was Simpson who had stupidly got himself sent off so quickly today, he would have none of this level of understanding from forum members.

It remains incredible the lack of parity of opinion that is afforded to different players, on here.

Amartey was a total tit head for making that second challenge today, having just been booked.

I don’t remember you making a song and dance about wilfs red last week. Equally as stupid no?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Total dog shit and thick as fk to boot. He even looks like there is nothing there and certainly not good enough. 

Bit harsh. 

He seems a quiet bloke who seems to appreciate the position he's in. A moment of madness yesterday for sure but hopefully he'll learn from this. 

• Like 3

Silly, but I think that a good referee gives him a really good talking to rather than a second yellow.

Rashford/Martial (Forget which it was at the time) knew exactly what he was doing. Knock it past and ensure you make contact. The pace that they go makes the slightest contact look devastating.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Silly, but I think that a good referee gives him a really good talking to rather than a second yellow.

Rashford/Martial (Forget which it was at the time) knew exactly what he was doing. Knock it past and ensure you make contact. The pace that they go makes the slightest contact look devastating.

Moss should have given him a talking to for the first foul although it seems strange to me that others were allowed to get away with much worse than Amartey and no action was taken. Not particularly defending Amartey but there is a considerable degree of inconsistency there. Pogba's behaviour in particular comes to mind.

1 minute ago, oldbluefox said:

Moss should have given him a talking to for the first foul although it seems strange to me that others were allowed to get away with much worse than Amartey and no action was taken. Not particularly defending Amartey but there is a considerable degree of inconsistency there. Pogba's behaviour in particular comes to mind.

Absolutely, frustrating that he was lenient with everyone else but decided to be extremely harsh to our only fit right back.

Isn't good enough and should be moved on once we find another right full back. Absolutely stupid decision when you're booked to make a cynical foul.

I still don't know his best position nor do I feel confident when he's on or around the ball.

10 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Danny Simpson did get himself sent of stupidly in what was at the time the biggest game in our clubs history. After his sending off we turned a winning position into a losing one and arsenal became the favourites to win the league. People on here were reasonably understanding of him at the time if I remember correctly and directed there anger at the arsenal fans and players and marcin rather than him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Isn't good enough and should be moved on once we find another right full back. Absolutely stupid decision when you're booked to make a cynical foul.

I don’t think that’s really fair, he has played well in that position this season and no doubt will be solid again for us. He is a decent player to have on the bench and this is the first time he has severely let us down.

I still don't know his best position nor do I feel confident when he's on or around the ball.

Why does he need to have a best position to be a squad player? He isn’t the first utility player we have had at this club.

Edited by Strokes
  • Like 4