Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Musa

Guest CityFan 06

Little concerned about Musa at the moment, doesn't seem to be getting much game time since he came to the club.

And although we've got quality attacking options which is good, I just hope we can keep him happy enough as his pace is a real asset for us. I think he could be great through the middle in a Vardy type role. 

The Don has already said he's struggling to adapt to the pace of the premier league, so chill out man. When he's ready, he'll feature more regularly. After all he's only a youngster really, at 23 lol

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

Little concerned about Musa at the moment, doesn't seem to be getting much game time since he came to the club.

And although we've got quality attacking options which is good, I just hope we can keep him happy enough as his pace is a real asset for us. I think he could be great through the middle in a Vardy type role. 

If I remember correctly you said us having five strikers is a MUST.

This is what happens when the squad is overloaded in certain positions, no game time for the squad players.

Edited by Gerard

Guest CityFan 06
9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

If I remember correctly you said us having five strikers is a MUST.

This is what happens when the squad is overloaded in certain positions, no game time for the squad players.

Correct, I did say that because I felt it was important to have a range of options in the forward area, who each offer their own individual game. Obviously it does however become difficult for each striker to get game time like you said.

Guest CityFan 06

What I meant to add in the OP, was that it isn't necessarily a bad situation to have, having current back up options such as Musa goes to show the quality we have in depth.

3 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

What I meant to add in the OP, was that it isn't necessarily a bad situation to have, having current back up options such as Musa goes to show the quality we have in depth.

Yeah. True.

Just have to hope we manage Shinji, Kaputska, Musa and Gray well as they either are or could be good assets.

Think we're all just a little cautious after seeing Kramaric go to waste. I'm especially keen for Kapustka to come good.

Hopefully he will.

7 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

Personally I'm all for selling players who command a big fee who aren't first team players and aren't expected to break through at any point. So for me the likes of Ulloa, Schlupp and Okazaki should be moved on if we're getting £10m+ offers.

Ideally we have 14 players of first team quality

5 young players who have a realistic chance of breaking into the first team in the next two years. eg, Kapustka, Gray, Chilwell.

and 5 players who were cheap or free that are happy to be squad players and fulfill a role when needed. eg, Zieler, Hernandez, Wasilewski, King.

3 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Looks a bit light weight for the demands of a forward in this league, though his pace and skill could compliment these if he improves on the former.

No lighter than Mahrez, the lightness is what gives him his attributes of speed and trickery.

Bulk up and you slow down not only in pace but also in movement of body, which he relies on to beat players.

1 hour ago, foxes21 said:

Okazaki & Musa should play the game before the CL

Agreed that Musa should be playing before a champions league game - against Chelsea and Spurs away could be a real threat. Rather play players who don't have their mind on the game ahead and will not be pulling out of challenges.