Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Musa

I havn't been impressed so far with him. As people have said before he does look lightweight and not as fast as I thought he'd be. Given time though to adapt and get used to the Premier League he'll be an asset hopefully, Vardy so far this season hasn't looked a great deal better than Musa.

Musa has looked very rapid, but I am concerned by the lack of end product from him. His finishing (in some cases lack of) is worrying. A bit like Amartey has shown periodically, it seems he's afraid to take responsibility in some situations, particularly in the final third. Here's hoping that som 'gelling' and game time will eventually make him a more impactful player.

Edited by shen

I don't rate him so far. The Barcelona game aside he's looked clumsy, thick an ineffective.

He's obviously got some natural strengths but at this level he looks too far out of his depth to be a consistent threat. Pace isn't everything, hence why Schlupp is so useless 95% of the time.

4 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I don't rate him so far. The Barcelona game aside he's looked clumsy, thick an ineffective.

He's obviously got some natural strengths but at this level he looks too far out of his depth to be a consistent threat. Pace isn't everything, hence why Schlupp is so useless 95% of the time.

How often have you seen him at this level then?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Out of his depth? After a handful of games? Really!

Sone people take a year or more to adjust coming to a new team never mind a new league the other side of the world.

Im sure CR knows what he's doing he's going to take time to bed in any idiot with half a brain can surely work that out.

As for Schlupp.... I'd rather have him an option for us rather than he be lining up against us. Raw pace will always cause defenders problems and I really don't understand why Schlupp has become the new target for the boo boys.

Juat come back from injury and people on his back already I just don't understand some people.

• Like 3

His not taken his chances, Hull and Chelsea, but he has shown plenty of talent, just needs to find his feet and get some confidence.

Inexplicably not brought on against Burnley, cruising at 3-0 after 60 minutes, get Gray and Musa and Chilwell on for Vardy and Mahrez and Fuchs, give these players a chance to shine in their natural positions alongside the likes Slimani, Drinkwater, Wes, Huth etc

28 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Not many players particularly at his age have settled right away in the prem. He has pace. His record shows he knows where the net is. He will come good no question it will take time though, we just have to be a bit patient with him as he will become a top, top player.

Still can't quite get this Schlupp bashing but that said Schlupp hasn't scored 2 goals against Argentina in a world cup. So the comparison doesn't really work. Musa is not only about pace. And schlupp is not useless 95% of the time. He is a league winner x2. He's not world class sure but he's not useless either

Edited by desertfox2
Minor

Musa has the same problem a few of our players have at the moment.

We can't afford to give them a run of 5-6 games to find their feet, as we need to play our strongest side week in week out.

So players like Musa,Grey,the new polish lad, the best they can do is try and make an impact in coming on as a sub.

It must be hard for them to take as their young, and will want to be playing, as they have been signed from teams where they were getting 90 mins every week.

Musa has struggled when he has started games and made little impact when used as sub, there is no doubting his raw pace and ability, but he needs games regularly to prove this and adapt to the vigours of the Prem.

Ranieri has a lot of attacking talent at his disposal this season and his man management of the players will have to be spot on to get the best out of everyone, who are starting and others when called upon from the bench.

This is the area with the most problems for Ranieri as CM and Defence we are fairly limited in the options we have

Edited by steflcfc
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I remember people saying similar about Vardy...

7 minutes ago, steflcfc said:

Musa has the same problem a few of our players have at the moment.

We can't afford to give them a run of 5-6 games to find their feet, as we need to play our strongest side week in week out.

So players like Musa,Grey,the new polish lad, the best they can do is try and make an impact in coming on as a sub.

It must be hard for them to take as their young, and will want to be playing, as they have been signed from teams where they were getting 90 mins every week.

Musa has struggled when he has started games and made little impact when used as sub, there is no doubting his raw pace and ability, but he needs games regularly to prove this and adapt to the vigours of the Prem.

Ranieri has a lot of attacking talent at his disposal this season and his man management of the players will have to be spot on to get the best out of everyone, who are starting and others when called upon from the bench.

This is the area with the most problems for Ranieri as CM and Defence we are fairly limited in the options we have

I agree to an extent that we need to play our strongest side but we should be able to give one of these individuals a start when it's Burnley at home or something.

Don't throw all in at once so no one knows their role in the team and are all trying to shine individually. Put, say, gray in and see how he goes. Needs to be managed better imo. Might cost us a handful of points but I think we'll be better off in the long run.

Edit: This may have happened if we'd had better results in the harder fixtures to be fair. Playing catch up a bit due to a few poor performances has hindered fringe opportunities.

Edited by Number 6

From what little I've seen so far Musa is an individual trying to play in a club where teamwork is paramount.

Even as an attacker he's a one off - a bloke who can be mesmerising an d a genuine goal threat but not a guy whose plans are easily anticipated or assisted by others. 

Knocky was much the same - blind alley man with brilliance as far as I could see.

Whether Musa can adapt remains to be seen and he did seem to put himself about for the cause in his brief appearance against Porto.

But as for "rotating" just to acommodate people forget it. If Mahrez or Vardy get a brace of goals and an assist apiece the last thing they'll want is to be sidelined. You never get tired in football when you're winning - and certainly not when you're scoring or making goals. If Musa wants a place he'll need to earn it when the chance arises, just like Inler.

How it pans out will depend on the breaks he gets and the attitude he takes. But right now he's some proper competition so his first need is to be at his best in terms of fitness, attitude and effect every time he gets time on the field. 

Gray's a 7-10 substitute just now, Slim's getting goals, Vardy's a danger even when playing cards and Mahrez breaks every rule because he's brilliant and that's basically the hand that Musa's gotta beat if he's going to stay in the card school. 

His fee and reputation mean nothing. Any manager intent on keeping his job will pick his best available players if it's a game he wants to win. Only then can you look people in the eye when things go wrong.        

Musa is going to be a great asset to the club.   He has a lovely personality, fits in well with his team mates and has already settled in Leicester.  He has speed and skill and is content to wait for his chance to come along. When that comes he will improve the more game time he gets and will not let us down ...   imo.

“I didn’t take a shower after training and I went outside to give out food for the less privileged and then I think someone took a picture – I think it is four months old. So it was taken when I was a CSKA Moscow player, not with Leicester. But when I read the story I was laughing because it’s very funny – ‘Why is Ahmed Musa wearing a Man U kit?’”

It says much about Musa’s personality that during the course of that story he casually drops into the conversation that he was handing out food to those who are not as fortunate as him, as if it is a perfectly normal thing for a professional footballer to do in his spare time. Musa is that sort of man. Softly spoken, humble and with a strong Muslim faith, the 23-year-old has not forgotten his roots.

I think there is such a huge difference between the rich and the poor in Nigeria, obviously. As well as the sports center he is building, its good for someone to give some back...

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

I remember people saying similar about Vardy...

I like Schlupp but it looks increasingly likely that he'll never be first choice here.

If that is the case we should have took £12m from West Brom and allow fringe players like Musa, Gray and Kapustka to fill the void. There are plenty of people on here who appear to just want to stockpile players but we have to let some players go to make room for others.

We were linked with Oliver Burke for a similar fee to Schlupp but what would be the point in bringing him in if we keep players like Schlupp? It's quite simple if we have players that aren't expected to be first team players either now or in the future then we have to sell if we get a decent offer. If we get £10m+ offers for Schlupp, Ulloa, Okazaki, etc in January then move them on, it's a no brainer.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I like Schlupp but it looks increasingly likely that he'll never be first choice here.

If that is the case we should have took £12m from West Brom and allow fringe players like Musa, Gray and Kapustka to fill the void. There are plenty of people on here who appear to just want to stockpile players but we have to let some players go to make room for others.

We were linked with Oliver Burke for a similar fee to Schlupp but what would be the point in bringing him in if we keep players like Schlupp? It's quite simple if we have players that aren't expected to be first team players either now or in the future then we have to sell if we get a decent offer. If we get £10m+ offers for Schlupp, Ulloa, Okazaki, etc in January then move them on, it's a no brainer.

8 minutes ago, Gerard said:

It's one of the hardest things in football, letting good guys go - and especially people who've helped you achieve things. But the bottom line is that football is in many ways all about people trading. 

I would never let Kante go - until I was happy  had an up-and-running replacement. I'd have sooner gone to court on the issue. Yes, i would have kept my word to let him go if I'd given it - but I'd have never given it without the proviso referred to. 

All the players you mention are decent quality. And two out of three seem vastly under-rated here. But, as you say, you can't keep everyone and forever have to plan ahead and look to improve even on your best players and quite possibly your best friends cos that's how you feel about guys who help win you things. The bond is incredible.          

36 minutes ago, Gerard said:

agree with this.

I was actually talking about Musa and Vardy..