Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MrSpaM

Playstation VR

Must admit I was tempted when I saw that Argos had them in stock this morning, as I thought they'd already sold out everywhere. Think I'm going to hold out and see what actually gets released for it before shelling out the £450 for everything you need.

Think it's my inner kid that always wanted a go on the virtual reality machine they had in Beaties when the shires first opened that dragging me towards wanting to buy it lol

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I wouldn't invest in it until I know where it is going, at the moment there are just a bunch of tech demos to play... not worth adopting early at all. Plus it will all become cheaper once mainstream. 

This

I'm quite excited about where it will end up, as VR will eventually make gaming completely immersive but all the PSVR release stuff is just overpriced tech demos. The trouble is they'll need to release a few compatible AAA games early on or it could run the risk of dying out before it takes off

15 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Just watched a video on it and the amount of cables it uses is ridiculous. Now its out Sony will focus on getting a wireless headset available. Will wait and see how people take to it before i commit

Think it's going to be a while before we get wireless VR tbh

You can't even get reliable wireless HDMI at the moment, and until that's standard I can't see it being implemented in VR

Until they make it so you can actually walk around in a virtual world it will hit a brick wall quite quickly, most gameplay I have seen has just been 360 degree shooters which look good but would get boring quite quickly. Problem is I don't see how they could do a movement system as at the moment its only a smallish square box I think.

24 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

Until they make it so you can actually walk around in a virtual world it will hit a brick wall quite quickly, most gameplay I have seen has just been 360 degree shooters which look good but would get boring quite quickly. Problem is I don't see how they could do a movement system as at the moment its only a smallish square box I think.

Well here's your answer to it, but this thing would cost an absolute fortune, and you'd have to dedicate a room in your house to it

Edit : it's actually priced a lot more reasonably than I thought, at $999

Edited by MrSpaM
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

So I caved yesterday and ordered one of these after seeing the mostly positive reviews from people on gaming forums.

Should be arriving at some point today, can't wait to try it

Never tried it myself but the only thing that is putting me off is price and the fact there aren't really any games but tech demos. I'm sure they will come though, I'm tempted but holding off at the moment . 

Total fad - bit like 3D being the main selling point for TV's for a while, and now nearly every TV comes with it and nobody actually uses it.

I had both the Oculus DK1 and DK2 and they ended up gathering dust on the shelf after a few weeks.

Well after using it for the best part of this weekend, I can honestly say I'm pretty blown away by the games I've played on this.

The horror games in particular are very well done, but I was surprised by the amount of great puzzle games that are available as well. There is a game called Thumper that looks like nothing special when seeing videos of it, but when you play it through the headset the 3d effect is absolutely amazing. There are a ton of different games available for it already.

Haven't really suffered any illness from it, just a bit of eye strain on the first day from just playing it for too long.

If you are on the fence about getting one of these I'd seriously suggest finding a way of trying it out

2 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

Well after using it for the best part of this weekend, I can honestly say I'm pretty blown away by the games I've played on this.

The horror games in particular are very well done, but I was surprised by the amount of great puzzle games that are available as well. There is a game called Thumper that looks like nothing special when seeing videos of it, but when you play it through the headset the 3d effect is absolutely amazing. There are a ton of different games available for it already.

Haven't really suffered any illness from it, just a bit of eye strain on the first day from just playing it for too long.

If you are on the fence about getting one of these I'd seriously suggest finding a way of trying it out

Good enough for me. I really want to give this a try before i buy it. Sony did put a demonstration in various places but i think that's finished now. I'm sure places like Game will do something in the run up to xmas

4 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Good enough for me. I really want to give this a try before i buy it. Sony did put a demonstration in various places but i think that's finished now. I'm sure places like Game will do something in the run up to xmas

If you actually do get one I highly suggest creating a US playstation account on your console and downloading the US demo disc, it's got a lot more games on it than the EU one

3 hours ago, Brenfox said:

I finally tried mine last night. I was always on the fence about vr but it's just incredible. I've not played everything but it really has the wow factor. I was disappointed having to switch it off & return to the real world.

I'd highly recommend getting Until Dawn : Rush Of Blood, it's the best game I've played on it, the feeling that your actually in the game with that one is great, and it's pretty cheap as well considering it's basically a full game

I also bought Thumper a couple of nights ago because it's only 15 quid. Was so funny seeing one of my mates playing it last night and he was just getting more and more excited the longer it went on and kept commenting on how crazy the visuals were, but man is it starting to get difficult, and I'm only on level 3! Finding it hard to see how it's going to get even faster and more intense in the next 7 levels

Edited by MrSpaM
  • Like 1