Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Red Dead 3

41 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Its a bare bones beta mate, I’m lucky if it works properly for more than hour never mind worrying about the content

I'll happily eat my words if I'm wrong but I think you're going to be disappointed to find it's less bare bones than you think. 

Edited by lifted*fox

14 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

I'll happily eat my words if I'm wrong but I think you're going to be disappointed to find it's less bare bones than you think. 

Surely much more content to be added in terms of multiplayer modes such as racing gambling games etc. I've not actually played a series yet but it's just a deathmatch right?

The original Read Dead and GTA online both had an absolute truck load of modes I can't see them sticking with what little they have at the minute.

15 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

The days of AAA titles released without pay to win content are long gone. It really needs cracking down on, especially loot boxes.

Totally.

When consumers stop paying to win, games companies will re-assess, but until then it'll get worse and worse as younger people adopting gaming accept that this is the way the industry is. 

I very rarely play multiplayer games and I have certainly never, ever paid anything in-game for loot boxes or any bollocks like that.

But then, without sounding like an old-timer, I'm from the generation of gamers that bought the physical game, and that was it.

• Like 1

Aside from the in game economy being wank the biggest issues for me are how similar the colours are in the series, there's a pink team, a purple team, a beige team and yellow team amongst others. When it's a tiny dot on the minimap it's so hard to tell the difference and has gotten me killed a few times. Also the lobbies are shit, there's no vote to skip and if you want to leave to join another you have to go into singleplayer two go back to multiplayer.

Edited by Stadt

• 2 weeks later...

Hadn’t been on this for a month because of Spider-Man. Had a go last night and lasted about an hour. Just find the game boring. Arrived in Valentine, accidentally hit a guy whilst I was on horseback and murdered him. $35 bounty on my head for a mistake lol.

i will crack on with some missions in the hope that it picks up. It’s exactly how I felt with the last Red Dead. Slow, dull and boring

• Thanks 1

Got given this for criggy crimbo. My setup is an xbox onex but I'm running it on a 1080p 24" Samsung mid range IPS monitor from 2014. Seems most of the entertainment is coming from the story & writing so far, only sunk a couple of hours in and I'm into Valentine throwing poor sods off cliffs and hunting.

On 19/12/2018 at 01:16, Jaspa said:

Gone a bit quiet in here for game of the year lads.

you know what fella, I probably put 60 hours+ into the single player, hunted loads, fished loads, enjoyed the beautiful scenery loads. I thoroughly ****ing loved the beauty of it. 

I got to chapter 3. 

online became available. I gave it a little dabble and realised it's GTA V online pt. 2. 

disappointing. it put me off the game for a bit.

I played my 7500th game of rocket league. 

I realised I'm never turning RDR2 on again. I'm trading it in tomorrow. 

Edited by lifted*fox
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

you know what fella, I probably put 60 hours+ into the single player, hunted loads, fished loads, enjoyed the beautiful scenery loads. I thoroughly ****ing loved the beauty of it. 

I got to chapter 3. 

online became available. I gave it a little dabble and realised it's GTA V online pt. 2. 

I just don't get it. The game is supposedly Game of the Year so, for me, surely I should have the NEED to play it. My copy is sat there gathering dust. I've got to Valentine and i'm just so bored. Ive got Just Cause 4 so Red Dead wont be touched again. I loved JC3 and ive only played 30 mins of the new one and I just want to jump in and blow shit up.

Im not sure I will trade in Red Dead. I feel like I should continue with it and give it the time it deserves. I just cant be bothered lol 

11 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

I got to chapter 3. 

Try DQXI.

Finding myself having short bursts where I set out on a set task like - do a mission, explore this area, find my horse/hat after cutscene drops me off miles away - and there seems to be something in the way of everything; I'm riding out to do a mission and there's random shooting a screaming coming from the brush, so I move in closer thinking it could be an interaction which might never happen again and for simply straying into their sight all of their group(7+) aggravate towards me and I'm shot dead. I go to pick up a debt for an NPC at the camp as a mission, press one poorly labelled command on the guy I'm coercing and it kills him. I have to watch the same animations 20+ times in ten minutes of playing poker. Still in chapter 2.

So I'm playing this an hour at a time and then jumping into CoD Blackout mostly. There seems to be so much in the way of letting you have fun in a game which is supposed to be all about freedom.

Given it more of a chance, it's growing on me.

All of the random interactions I've encountered are so awkward though - exmp: some Mexican dude out off a path shooting at bottles, I clip clop up and he challneges me to a shooting contest, I amble off my steed and notice he is aiming straight at it so I hop back on and move it out of the line of fire; as I step up and get my gun out he says something along the lines of "Hey amigo if you're going to take so long you can forget it!", gets onto his horse leaving his prestine bottles stacked on the hillside and plods off :dry:

Another one where some drunk, bizarrely accented wagon driver crashed into a verge, he asks me to watch his stuff while he toddles into the local town for another wagon. So I stand guard for five minutes and decide to look it up online, apparently he doesnt ever come back and that's the end of his story arc -  so I pick up one of the bottles off the floor *Honour drorps*, I drop it back on the floor and nothing.

Also where the hell do my hats keep going? What it the point in these cutscenes which remove them and leave you a mile away?

I've figured out horse riding now, I got it confused early on that you had to get your horse to speed by tapping and then hold it there to keep speed - Now I know you keep up with the horses beat as it gets up the gears. Also looked up how to get a good horse early on this morning, now I have and Arabian White Horse which is apparently one of the best in the game

On 01/01/2019 at 09:32, Jaspa said:

Whole game is a Gypsy's(Irish Traveller) wet dream. Ride about on a horse, drinking, getting into fights, living as part of a caravan, robbing trains, killing wild animals to eat, poncy hats, guns & dags

Nice stereotyping I like it!

Got this for Christmas. 26 hours in and just started chapter 3. Fantastic although the mugging random encounter in St Denis is annoying. Guy invites me into the alleyway to tell me about a money making opportunity: know he's going to try mugging me but reckon I can flip the table and rob him down there - goes to a cutscene and I wake up in the cemetery down $300. With every other random encounter allowing you to worm your way back out, that felt like a bad trick.

In love with this game, not even going to try it online as the single player mode has me hooked. 

I did find myself rushing through missions though so last night I went into the grizzlies east to do some hunting... rode my horse off a cliff :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Toddybad said:

I bought the game. I played the game for a week. Slowly walking around camp. Slowly having each limb individually washed in the bath. Slowly riding cross country. Slowly skinning animals. I sold the game. 

I'm just about to finish Just Cause 4. I've had Red Dead sitting there gathering dust, i've played about 3 hours total. The thought of trying to get into the game bores me lol.

Think I will give it another blast to see if I can get into it. I wont hold my breath though.

It's certainly one you need to have a bit of patience for but the pace is all part of the immersion of the world. 96.5% total completion I think it's safe to say I'm a fan.

The Online though ;-/,  although I know it is still in Beta it remains a bit a disappointment outside of the first 6 - 10 hours. 

I bought the game, played it once, with my wife watching me, next thing i know she's pretty much taken ownership of the PS4, completed the game twice and i still haven't had the chance to play again since that first time :rolleyes:

looks like a brilliant game from what I've seen watching her play!

• Haha 4